signed with agent

Posted by: starting over

signed with agent - 11/04/05 02:35 AM

I just signed on with an agent to get my book completed and with her help bought by a publisher. Just had to share!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: signed with agent - 11/04/05 02:40 AM

This is absolutely wonderful news. Congratulations. You're on your way. You go girl.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: signed with agent - 11/04/05 02:53 AM

Hope she is a good one and you fly high.....
Posted by: Vi

Re: signed with agent - 11/04/05 03:12 AM

Starting Over,

Yea!!!!! I'm so excited for you. Finding the right agent is a huge challenge. I've tried both ways, with and without an agent. Both have produced nothing, except with the first book. I do know that types of books go in an out of vogue. I'm looking for an agent or two now.

What's your book about?

This is just wonderful news...time to splurge with chocolate.

Vi
Posted by: Sigrid Macdonald

Re: signed with agent - 11/04/05 08:21 AM

Oh, that's wonderful that the book was bought out right away by a publisher. You must be so proud :-) Bask in your success. Sigrid
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: signed with agent - 11/04/05 09:20 AM

Congratulations! Wonderful news.

Donna
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: signed with agent - 11/04/05 10:04 AM

starting over, with all the pain you've been going through in life, I'm so happy to hear that you have an agent! Congratulations! I know this is the the first of many good things that will happen to you.
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: signed with agent - 11/04/05 04:03 PM

Congratulations Starting Over....a major milestone indeed! I hope your agent does a bang-up job for you in every possible way, including attracting a big publisher and a great deal for you.....MUCH SUCCESS TO YOU...... [Big Grin]
Posted by: TVC15

Re: signed with agent - 11/04/05 06:47 PM

Wow startingover, You are on your way!
Much luck!
Posted by: Sherri

Re: signed with agent - 11/04/05 07:54 PM

That's wonderful!! Congratulations!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: signed with agent - 11/05/05 08:28 AM

Starting over, this and sandpiper's news after surgery is the best news of the day! Congrats. Starting over, what an appropriate name!

Mind telling us aobut the book?
Posted by: author from Maine

Re: signed with agent - 11/14/05 02:23 AM

Let me also add my congratulations on acquiring an agent. Let's hope you have more good news to share with us soon!

Diane
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: signed with agent - 11/16/05 07:24 PM

Wonderful & Congrats! Please let us know when it is published!
Posted by: starting over

Re: signed with agent - 11/17/05 02:51 AM

Thanks everyone, I love your encouragement. I have been working on a book for several years--you know, start and then wonder who would ever read it and put it down. Start and stop, start and stop. Well, I'm almost done and she reviewed the first 8 completed chapters and said it was a great work, a subject matter not approached from this angle, I was very organized, well edited already and far enough along to start researching markets!!!

My former working title was A Pearl of Great Price--but I have been told there is a Morman book with that title. So I'm not sure now. Maybe, At All Costs.

It is a 'journey book'. The book focus is developing background stories for many people in the bible so that we can really get an idea what they went through so that we can relate it to our own lives. So many times we think the bible isn't relevant for today because we can't 'see' the story between the lines.

Each story is 4 parts, a dramatized version of a bible story followed by the actual verses, then a study of sorts extracting 'pearls' of wisdom that we can apply to our daily lives and finally an assignment and journal. Here's where the 'rubber meets the road'. The reader is asked to put the Word into action. Then journaling to help release what is pent up inside; the hurts, trauma, the secrets we can't share so that eventually we gain the healing we need so that we can move forward.

Everyday we make choices. We can choose to remain a victim or we can choose to be a victor. The book asks the question, what if? and gives examples of people in the bible who had to make a choice and that choice in many cases directly relates to us today. In the same way the choices we make will--one way or another--directly affect not only our families and those around us but generations to come. We can choose today to affect them positively or negatively. We have a responsibility to the next generation--what will we choose? What legacy will we leave? With God there is ALWAYS a bigger picture--something that we can't begin to see or imagine.

Sorry, I could go on and on.....

My goal is to be completey done by January.
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: signed with agent - 11/17/05 04:51 AM

I just can't wait for my signed book.
Congratulations, how proud you must be.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: signed with agent - 11/18/05 07:15 PM

Starting over, your book sounds like something I would devour. I can't wait until it's published. I am forever seeking ways to interpret the Bible for today.

FYI: Next week I am adding an Advent devotional to the home page of this site. There will be a little manger type icon with a link to the daily devotional. I am so excited. I've been doing it during the past couple weeks and I think you'll like it.

My dear friend who is a Presbyterian minister wrote it for his congregation and asked if I might be interested in adding it to the site. Pretty cool, huh?