looking for writers and boomers in Indiana

Posted by: Debra Kemp

looking for writers and boomers in Indiana - 12/16/05 02:21 AM

Especailly the Indianapolis are. I live north of the city , in Carmel and was wondering if there were any BWS going's on around here, especially for other writers.

I've recently moved back to Indiana after spending the past few decades as a military spouse and moving station to station with my husband and our family. We spent time in Louisiana, England, Michigan and South Dakota--that's where my husband retired and decided to stay at first. Our son was married and lived not far from us. Our daughter eventually married an air man stationed there. And I had a decent job at a used bookstore. But things changed and my husband and I decide it was time for us to move "home"--we're both from Northwest IN. So here I am!

I write historical fiction and would love to find a writer's group to link up with. Or find ways to market my book in a new and much larger area.

Looking forward to chatting with y'all. (Still have that carry-over from Louisiana!)
Posted by: Late Bloomer

Re: looking for writers and boomers in Indiana - 12/16/05 11:41 PM

Hey, Debra!

I'm in Indiana (Bloomington) but I don't know of a writer's group. Pretty new here myself. Like you, I have followed my husband's career: Born and raised in Boston, moved to Atlanta, Fort Lauderdale, and now Bloomington. We're hoping to retire here. Our original plan for retirement had been Florida, but after 5 years there, we discovered that the cost of living was so high that we couldn't survive there on two incomes, let alone on retirement benefits! So he accepted an offer here, and we are enjoying the heartland.

I've spent the past year self-publishing my poetry and photo collections, although I am presently considering going back to work part-time (as a bookkeeper) just to get out of the house. My literary endeavor hasn't paid anything yet, all I've done is spend ...

Nice to meet y'all! (I still say it, too.)
Posted by: Sherri

Re: looking for writers and boomers in Indiana - 12/17/05 12:40 AM

I live in Decatur, Illinois, just 3 hours west of Indi, and about 2 hours from Bloomington. My best friends pastor at Bloomington First Church of the Nazarene.

Sherri