JawJaw's book

Posted by: Bluebird

JawJaw's book - 12/16/05 10:45 PM

Just wanted to post this for all the new ladies on the Boomer website. I just finished JJ's book
" A funny thing happened on the way to the throne" and I would recommend it highly. It is funny and touching and it will make you feel good about laughing at all those annoying little things in life. JJ is one of those "Steel Magnolias" - a southern lady, who is strong, yet warm, and can tell it like it is while being charming and tactful. It's a good read at this stressful time of year and each chapter is short, so you can pick it up for a few minutes at a time. Her website is: www.queenjawjaw.com
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/17/05 05:26 PM

Bluebird you are right....JJ has a story for EVERY situation we've all been through and that's why the book is such fun to read! I too highly recommend it - it's the "gift that keeps on giving"....any time you need a giggle, you just get the book out and enjoy it.

Her "All Things Royal" Monday morning mailing is hilarious too. If you all aren't signed up - DO IT! It's a great way to start off your week.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/18/05 08:19 AM

It is one book I refuse to loan out. I loved it!

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/18/05 08:53 AM

I am going to have my husband build me a special bookshelf for all my BWS books! I've got 4 so far, and will be ordering 2 more after the holidays.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/18/05 01:20 AM

I read the queen's book and get her weekly email. Her humor ALWAYS make me roar. I don't know how she takes all the typical events of life and turns them into such funny situations. She's hysterical. I also love her spelling of words, grammar and punctuation. It's perfect.

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/18/05 01:28 AM

Bluebird if you are a mystery lover, let me know...I have plenty of copies of my book here and would be happy to add to your BWS bookshelf!

JJ's book is a real treasure though and totally deserves a spot on ANYONE's bookshelf.

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/18/05 02:02 AM

Pam, your book and Pink Jaspar are # 7 and #8. I already told Sherri and Dianne that theirs would be next.
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/18/05 02:29 AM

Pam, I would like one of your books...signed if you don't mind.
Funny I was checking you website the other day and bookmarked your book on Amazon. But, if I could get one direct and signed, that would be wonderful.
Please, PM me with details.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/18/05 06:40 AM

JJ is one of those fortunate people who just "thinks funny" and that is a magical thing to be able to do but she takes it a step further, she writes it down with such comedic flair and we are all able to enjoy it....My collection of Boomer books has really grown and Prils book is the next for me to buy. I also want Lynnie's book but thats after Christmas....

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/18/05 03:58 PM

Brenda I PM'd you with "details" - I'm thrilled that you want to read my book....and Bluebird I'm ALSO thrilled that you have my book on your list of "wanna reads" !

I too have a "Boomer Bookshelf" here in my studio - it's really something to see just how many ladies who have joined BWS have written such a wonderfully diverse collection of material. True life experiences to fiction and comedy and everything in between.

Anyway - thanks to both of you for wanting to add my book to your collections. [Big Grin]
Posted by: Sherri

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/18/05 11:53 PM

I'm slowly building my Boomer library as well. I highly recommend both JJ's and Pam's books. They are both excellent.

Sherri
Posted by: smilinize

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/19/05 12:44 AM

I gotta' tell ya' JJ's plum goofy. And Eagle's a poet from the heart. And Prill's a smart lady. And gee, I forgot the travel lady's name, but she knows all the trails. Dianne's gonna' change the world and Meredith is a poet for sure. I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting some great book, but they're all great so..

Lots of good writers here.
smile

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/19/05 01:11 AM

Wanted to start with Pam's book, since she's just a hop, skip away.

Next were on to Eagle, Jaw Jaw, Dianne's and ......

It's a pleasure, knowing so many talented women, who are willing to share who they are.

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/19/05 02:38 AM

Brenda, I just tucked your book inside a bubble envelope so it will be on its' way to you tomorrow.....

Your "reading plans" are awesome - you have a lot of good books lined up on your "must haves" list!

Again....thank you! [Wink]

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/19/05 04:03 AM

So nice of you to take the time to respond so quickly, especially durning the Christmas season...I really appreciate it.

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/19/05 04:06 PM

No problem! Anything for a "potential fan"! [Razz]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/19/05 05:42 PM

You'll be a groupie when you finish her book. I am. I bought two copies, one for me of course, cause it's ALL ABOUT ME, and one for Mother. Now I've had to sit and wait patiently for Pam to write the sequel. Hello? Pam? Sequel? Can you believe she's made us wait like this? Hmp!

Having the boomer sister's books is soooo comforting. It's like having all the girls here in the living room with me. Except they don't eat me out of house and home, use all my clean towels, or borrow my makeup.

What?

JJ
Posted by: Evie

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/19/05 06:58 PM

Just wanted to add here, anyone who would like a chance to win a FREE copy of JJ's book, send an email to:

pinkjasper@mac.com with contest entry in the subject line!

and keep checking our contest page each month for great new prizes:
http://homepage.mac.com/emaedel/Personal2.html

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/20/05 05:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jawjaw:

Having the boomer sister's books is soooo comforting. It's like having all the girls here in the living room with me. Except they don't eat me out of house and home, use all my clean towels, or borrow my makeup.

JJ

I love this thought......you're right too - it is comforting to be surrounded by our Boomer Sisters' books.....but what's this about eating you out of house and home??? You mean if we were all there you wouldn't serve us a platter of oreos and glass of milk?????? Huh?????? [Razz]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/20/05 06:49 PM

Pammmmm....I would only be thinking of you all and have you best interest at heart...uh huh. Sure nuff. I mean if I served you Oreo's and such, think what it would do to your lovely figures! Oh my! So see? And to show you my heart's truly IS in the right place, I'd even cook for you.

What? Oh puleaseee...if you're scared...say so! Wimp...

JJ
Posted by: Renee Russell

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/27/05 10:48 PM

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great Christmas! My checking account is depleted and my credit cards are in meltdown, but I've marked Pam's website to order her book and I entered the December contest for Georgia's. Here's hoping everyone has a wonderful New Year!

Renee

www.reneerussell.com
"Kate's Pride" available from Wings ePress January 2007
Posted by: TVC15

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/27/05 11:00 PM

Renee, I know just how you feel! It's going to take 6 months to repair the damage.
I have both Pam and Jawjaw's books and you won't be disappointed!
Loved your website! [Wink]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/28/05 05:20 PM

Renee, tell us more about your writing life.

I also have their books and am waiting for thier next ones to get published!

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/28/05 06:11 PM

Thanks for that "vote of confidence" girls!!
Posted by: Renee Russell

Re: JawJaw's book - 12/28/05 10:26 PM

Hi Dotsie!

I'm afraid my writing life has been pretty sparse lately, but I'm trying to finish my second novel which is a contemporary romantic suspense with paranormal elements. I'm targeting that one to Harlequin Intrigue. It's about 80% complete.

I do my writing evenings and weekends since I have a day job that takes up 50-55 hours per week and a 45 minute drive each way to and from work.

I'm very excited about the sale of "Kate's Pride" which is a mainstream historical Southern Gothic tragedy coming out in January 2007. My husband designed the book cover and is the process of designing some bookmarks for me that we'll get printed up in the Spring. I'm very lucky to have a husband who's a graphic designer.

I have a futuristic romantic fantasy that I've got outlined and about 50 page written that Anna Geneose at Tor has expressed some interest in, but I haven't been able to get more of it written with everything else going on.

Oh to be able to write full time!!! But that will come someday. For right now I'm just doing as much as I can. And I manage to get to at least one national convention per year. I went to Romantic Times in St. Louis this past May and had a wonderful time! I got to meet with Anna (where she expressed interest in the fantasy story) and I got to hang out with the Mr. Romance cover model contestants and the Ellora's Cave Cavemen models. Ooh La La!!! I also got to meet and chat with a lot of published authors who were all wonderful and very helpful with advice. I highly recommend the Romantic Times conference!
Posted by: Sherri

Re: JawJaw's book - 01/01/06 03:42 AM

Oh Pammmmmmieee!

I also want to know when the sequel is coming out!

love ya
Sherri