Posted by: TVC15

Re: Sherri hits the news! - 01/30/06 10:15 PM

Wow, Sherri.
This is so exciting.
Congratulations on a great interview!
And wishes for many more in the future!
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Sherri hits the news! - 01/31/06 07:14 PM

Sherri, What a great interview. Good for you girl. It sounds like you are doing what you want at the right time in your life.

The book sounds great and the interview was well done.

Sandpiper
Posted by: Sherri

Re: Sherri hits the news! - 02/01/06 08:02 AM

Thank to all for your support. After I left I was scared to death that I had said too much or sounded stupid...lol.

Off to a Women in the Arts Meeting today, and then the book signing on Saturday. I made posters and took them to my favorite "haunts" and sold two books in the process.

Thanks all,

Sherri
Posted by: icequeen

Re: Sherri hits the news! - 01/31/06 09:48 PM

Congratulations Sherri!
Your interview was good too.
Sincerely,
Posted by: Renee Russell

Re: Sherri hits the news! - 01/31/06 11:40 PM

Congratulations Sherry! What a great interview!
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Sherri hits the news! - 02/01/06 04:01 AM

Way to go, Sherri. Congratulations! Very well done, friend. I'm glad you're doing what you love! Best wishes!

Re: Sherri hits the news! - 02/01/06 05:03 AM

Thanks for all of the support boomer sisters and I mean that with all my heart! I sold four more books today and put out another 10 posters and checked back with two more local bookstores. With all the promoting and freelance writing I'm doing, I'm finding a hard time working on my second novel! I'm waiting on my first teeny tiny royalty check this week. They were supposed to have been sent out on Friday. I'm sure it won't be very big...lol.

Thanks again, Sherri
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Sherri hits the news! - 02/01/06 06:23 PM

Sherri, I want to Congratulate you also. Are you going to frame your first check? Maybe you better because I have a feeling that they are going to increase over time. Maybe you can photocopy it. [Big Grin]
chick
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Sherri hits the news! - 02/01/06 06:50 PM

Sherri girl! Don't frame it! It makes it reallllll hard to deposit at one of them Teller windows...trust me, I know. Those people get really upset over little things, too.

JJ

Re: Sherri hits the news! - 02/01/06 11:04 PM

LOL...JJ, I think I will just make a copy of it, I know it won't be very much...but really I can't wait to get it!

Still getting email about my article and have sold six books in two days.

Sherri
Posted by: diamond50

Re: Sherri hits the news! - 02/02/06 01:21 PM

Sherri, you go girl! Great interview : )

Re: Sherri hits the news! - 02/05/06 08:18 AM

Thanks Cindy, my book signing is today, don't know what to expect, but would hope that the interview would draw in some folks and maybe some old friends. My picture was in the paper article and many of my classmates and old friends only know me by Sherri St. Clair and not Sherri Smith.

Say a little prayer for me, thanks all.

Love,
Sherri
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: Sherri hits the news! - 02/04/06 10:44 PM

Prayer sent...you'll do just fine.
[Smile]
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Sherri hits the news! - 02/04/06 11:24 PM

same here, prayer sent and you will do fine. Let us know.
chick

Re: Sherri hits the news! - 02/05/06 09:19 PM

Hi Friends,

The signing was great! The weather was cold and not as many people showed up but they said it was a "better than average" book sales for me. My mentor told me to really only expect to sell 2-3 books at any singing, but more than doubled that number. I was so touched to have high school buddies come, my former step father sent in someone to buy both my poetry book and my most recent book "Bitter Water" and perfect strangers came in and bought the book and talked to me while I was signing them. It was fantastic. They invited me back again, they said I could come any time!

Thanks for the prayers, I should have known God would take care of it for me, He did.

Love,

Sherri