Children's picture book MS format

Posted by: smilinize

Children's picture book MS format - 04/23/05 08:17 AM

I have written a series of eighteen children's books, each with its own story line, and cumulatively they tell the story of Jesus.

I have a place to submit them, but don't know how to format the manuscript for a picture book. (I haven't developed the illustrations). I have searched online without help. Does anyone know the proper format?

Thanks.
smile

[ April 23, 2005, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: smilinize ]
Posted by: Dian

Re: Children's picture book MS format - 04/23/05 10:52 AM

contact Kevin Collier at kevinscottcollier@hotmail.com

He's published a children's book, does illustrations, and is connected a little. Also check with Donna Shepherd writerdonna@donnashepherd.com

Re: Children's picture book MS format - 04/23/05 06:35 PM

Thanks Dian. I'm contacting them now. Anybody know anyone else? Or a website. I'm coming up empty handed.
smile
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: Children's picture book MS format - 04/24/05 12:40 AM

Here are some websites with lots of information about writing for children:

Verla Kay's
Write4Kids

There are also several Yahoo groups you can join! One is called Children's Writers

CW

(This one gets TONS of email - I put it on 'digest.')

and the otherone is Christian Children's Writer's List:

CCWL

Both are chock full of helpful people - especially CCWL.

Hope that helps!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Children's picture book MS format - 04/24/05 12:59 AM

Smile, your book project interests me. Tell us more. I'll buy the series for our Book Worm at church. That's the kid's library.

Re: Children's picture book MS format - 04/24/05 05:28 AM

How sweet Dotsie. A little information about the plays is on my website.
This all came about because the woman who arranged the music for my children's plays and puppet shows and her husband are movie producers. (One of their movies is "The Long Ride Home" with Eric Roberts, Earnest Borgnine, Randy Travis, and others I now forget.)
Anyway she thought the plays would be good children's videos and wanted to market them as a package to include the plays for churches, videos for kids, stories for parents to read to kids, and character toys, etc.
Well, they have had the stuff for about 2 yrs now and still haven't come up with enough money for the project so I thought I would take a couple of the stories to an agent I'm supposed to meet with next weekend.
Unfortunately I just looked him up and guess what? He only does sci fi. Oh well, I'm taking it anyway -- if I ever figure out how to get it on the page that is.
If something accidentally got in print or on video Dots, you would get the very first copy for yourself and/or your church. For sure. But don't hold your breath. I still haven't even figured out the correct format.
smile