Looking for writers

Posted by: Paula

Looking for writers - 04/23/05 07:46 AM

Call for Submissions

Hello Everyone!

Have you ever dreamed of being published? Would you like to be able to say that you were a contributor to an anthology on adoption? If selected, your contribution will bring a voice to literally thousands of Birthmothers, Adoptive mothers and Adopted daughters across the country.

Please join Paula Schmitt in contributing to her upcoming book, Adoption Journey: Birthmothers, Adoptive Mothers and Adopted Daughters Share Their Stories. Contributors whose stories are included in the book will receive a byline, if requested, and a copy of the book upon publication. If chosen, your essays/stories may be edited for spelling, clarity and space. Please feel free to forward this query to your family, friends and other groups.

Thanks for your time and interest. I look forward to hearing back from you. The deadline for submissions is June 20, 2005. Please send your emails to: paula@paulaschmitt.com
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Looking for writers - 04/24/05 07:35 AM

Does adoptive fathers fit in here.
chick

Re: Looking for writers - 04/23/05 09:16 PM

Hi,

No, sorry. This book is just for Birthmothers, Adoptive Mothers and Adopted Daughters.

Thanks for asking.
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: Looking for writers - 04/23/05 10:15 PM

Hi, Paula. A friend of mine and her husband just adopted 15 yr. old boy. It's a wonderful story. Are you looking for stories like that?

Thanks! - Donna

Re: Looking for writers - 04/23/05 10:21 PM

Absolutely! If your friend is interestd in writing and sharing their story, I would love to hear from her soon.

Thanks Donna!
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: Looking for writers - 04/23/05 10:29 PM

Hi, Paula. I just got back from your website. NICE!

My friend is not a writer, but I could write it up for her, I'm sure. She's already asked me to write something else. Thanks!

Re: Looking for writers - 04/23/05 10:38 PM

Thanks Donna!

The only thing I need to let you know about this book is that the story needs to come from the birthmother, adoptive mother or adopted daughter and then maybe you could edit what she has written. Then the author whose story it is gets the credit with their name in the book if they so desire...is this okay with you? I would need your friend's email address, name and home address as I would mail them the paperwork they need to read, sign and return to me with their typed and finished story.

Please let me know. Thanks!