Neglecting my own work.

Posted by: Saundra

Neglecting my own work. - 02/09/08 11:31 PM

This happen to anyone else? I'm so afraid I'll miss something, I read all the emails and announcements I get and spend time on other people's sites and in teleseminars when I feel well enough to be on the computer.

Tonight I realized that I'm spending so much time on other people's business, I neglected my own. I made a committment to blog more, write some articles, come to the BWS forums more often (cuz I'm afraid I'm missing stuff), and pay more attention to myself when I feel well enough.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Neglecting my own work. - 02/10/08 04:49 PM

Good for you Saundra.

I have committed to deleting at least half of my email before I open anything up. Who needs 30 emails a day, especially from stangers?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Neglecting my own work. - 02/10/08 04:54 PM

Email can be the kiss of death to a business person. One way around that is to tend to YOUR business first thing in the morning, even before you begin reading emails.

For instance, if you are a writer, commit to writing X number of pages a day (say, toward a novel/story, etc.) before you open that email.

What I do is read email for X number of minutes in the morning, and then X number in the evening. I have my incoming mail color-coded, so that I know if something important is coming through and my email is open at all times. So a quick glance tells me if it is junk, a joke, or work-related. It works for me.