Limoges?

Posted by: Dotsie

Limoges? - 05/22/06 07:00 AM

Does anyone collect these? They are the pretty different shaped china boxes that open. Know what I mean?

If so, you may want to visit www.thebrassmonkey.com. I was in there store yesterday and boy do they have a collection. They have the real things. They are hand-painted and gorgeous. I didn't buy a darn thing.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone collects them.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Limoges? - 05/23/06 03:08 AM

Dots,
I tried the site but couldn't get it to work. I even left off the "period" at the end but it still wouldn't work. Help?

JJ
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Limoges? - 05/24/06 06:42 AM

I couldn't get it either. But I do have a special collection of these. Lenox makes Disney ones. I started collecting the Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs one a few years ago and have just completed the set. I have Snow and the Prince, all the dwarfs, the Hag and the Evil Queen. I also have one of Mickey and one of Minnie. The first ones I bought opened up and you got a gold plated charm of the character. You could make a bracelet of them later. But, the latest ones no longer come with the charm.

I also have a few othe limoge boxes that do not have to do with Disney. So, I guess I do collect them.

Louisa
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Limoges? - 05/24/06 06:52 PM

Hmmm, not sure what's going on. That is the address on the card they gave me at the store. Sorry about that ladies. Maybe the site is temporarily down.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Limoges? - 05/24/06 06:55 PM

I have two that open. One is a guitar case with a little guitar inside and the other is a globe with a miniature bar inside and tiny little martini glasses. I bought them in the village of Eze at Monte Carlo.

I bought my FIL a few over the years. Don't know who they will be passed down to.
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Limoges? - 05/25/06 02:19 AM

That sounds so cool with the martini glasses inside.
Louisa