Is cooking or baking a hobby for you!

Posted by: Songbird

Is cooking or baking a hobby for you! - 07/09/04 05:09 PM

Does it relax you to cook and make delicious recipes?
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Is cooking or baking a hobby for you! - 07/09/04 05:32 PM

I think the relaxation comes from the of oxytocin produced in the bodies of women in response to nurturing activities.
Wish they could bottle it. They do, but it's not worth the side effects. Easier to cook something.
smile
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Is cooking or baking a hobby for you! - 07/10/04 01:52 AM

only if my husband promises to clean up and do dishes. Otherwise it's too much work. Then I'm not terribly domestic.
Posted by: Kristin

Re: Is cooking or baking a hobby for you! - 12/06/04 12:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by meredithbead:
only if my husband promises to clean up and do dishes. Otherwise it's too much work. Then I'm not terribly domestic.

I'm with you my OC friend!
Posted by: Elsielc

Re: Is cooking or baking a hobby for you! - 12/08/04 07:40 PM

Being single it's a chore to do much cooking. Baking is ok - can't resist those homemade brownies. Marie Callendar and Stouffer's do most of my cooking. My oven has been out of commission for almost a year and really haven't missed it. Ye ole microwave and take out work fine.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Is cooking or baking a hobby for you! - 12/08/04 11:26 PM

I love to bake when I have time. I don't like it when I'm rushed.

After church this Sunday we're baking all afternoon. I can't wait. I'm organizing my ingredients and recipes this week. [Big Grin] Whoever wants to help can, and if they don't that's fine too. I remember the days of kids sitting on the counter and stirring, adding,etc. Sweet memories. [Wink]
Posted by: Kristin

Re: Is cooking or baking a hobby for you! - 12/10/04 08:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:
I love to bake when I have time. I don't like it when I'm rushed.

After church this Sunday we're baking all afternoon. I can't wait. I'm organizing my ingredients and recipes this week. [Big Grin] Whoever wants to help can, and if they don't that's fine too. I remember the days of kids sitting on the counter and stirring, adding,etc. Sweet memories. [Wink]

I like to take my time when I bake and not feel rushed, which sometimes I do even when I have time because being a non-regular cook I do like to do well at what I make.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Is cooking or baking a hobby for you! - 12/10/04 05:23 AM

Cooking is my life so to speak and I like some kinds of baking. If you check out the recipe section you'll see I've posted many many recipes there and am happy to say quite a few of you have tried them and the response was very positive.....A few have even told me they are addicted to some of my goodies. [Razz]

Re: Is cooking or baking a hobby for you! - 12/14/04 08:30 AM

Chatty, please tell us what you are making for your neighbors this year. I can't wait to hear.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Is cooking or baking a hobby for you! - 12/15/04 03:57 AM

Dotsie I have decided on some rather different dishes that have been requested by my neighbors and friends, so heres just a few:

Fresh Vegetable Crepes w/tomato sauce...
Orange Flavored Stuffing w/Exotic Mushrooms...
Star Fruit Bruschetta...
Fennel a la Grecque w/Portobello Mushrooms...
Broccoli Casserole w/cheddar cheese & pearl onions...
Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash....

APPETIZERS:
Sun Dried Tomato appetizer torte...
Eggplant Caviar...
Tzatziki on toasted Pita triangles....

Any of these dishes can be eaten alone or as a side for turkey, ham, roast, or meats of anykind.
I am also taking each person a dish of fudge. [Roll Eyes]
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: Is cooking or baking a hobby for you! - 12/15/04 02:30 PM

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM Yummy! Chatty by the time I got to the end of your list (and in spite of the fact I had no idea what some of them were!!), my mouth was watering. Really sounds like some wonderful goodies in store for your lucky neighbors. I'm sure a LOT of us would like to be in your neighborhood (tee hee). [Wink]

Re: Is cooking or baking a hobby for you! - 12/15/04 09:59 PM

Neighbor? Heck I'm moving in!

Chatty, what is tzatziki?
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Is cooking or baking a hobby for you! - 12/15/04 10:02 PM

It's meant to be a dip for keftethes ...am I right Chat?