After the storm

Posted by: yonuh

After the storm - 01/23/10 09:01 PM

This is the view from my front door this morning!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: After the storm - 01/23/10 11:49 PM

Oh wow! How beautiful and how fortunate you are to have this view each day. Thanks for sharing with us!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: After the storm - 01/24/10 12:56 AM

I am betting the air you breath is fresh and clean each day. Lucky you! I could send a photo too but all there'd be is smog...and it ain't pretty!
Posted by: Edelweiss3

Re: After the storm - 01/26/10 02:56 PM

wow.....is that snow...in Arizona?
Posted by: Di

Re: After the storm - 01/26/10 03:04 PM

WE got that, too, yonuh. The mountains are so majestic looking when they get some moisture, aren't they? Looks like Oreo Cookie ice cream!!

We love the fact that it adds to our water table here.
Posted by: Lola

Re: After the storm - 01/26/10 04:27 PM

How wonderful to have that view from your house! Does it remind you of Snowdonia/Brecons?
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: After the storm - 01/27/10 01:14 AM

Yonuh, what a gorgeous view!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: After the storm - 01/27/10 01:30 AM

Thanks! The top of those mountains is more than 9,000 feet; here in the valley we're at 2,500. We have had snow down here, but it's rare and doesn't stay very long. Every winter storm that comes through drops snow on the mountains; there's even skiing up there. I just like looking at it from down here. We sometimes go up there in summer and ride the ski lift to take pictures; or in fall when the leaves are changing.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: After the storm - 01/27/10 01:25 PM

What a view and I bet the change of seasons is gorgeous.
Posted by: orchid

Re: After the storm - 01/31/10 05:16 PM

Got snow still up those high mountains? Maybe we could get some..they are making snow 24 hrs. now to make sure there will be enough snow for the Olympics. It's been warm, sometimes rainy for past few weeks.

It's a wonderful choice..to stay in the valley or go up in the mountains near by. How close are your mountains?

Re: After the storm - 02/02/10 11:47 PM

Where I live, on the desert floor so to speak, we are surrounded by mountains on three sides, and if I drive straight up about 40 miles, I can reach the top of Mt. Charleston and thats where the Ski Chalet is, and everyone goes to ski etc.

Re: After the storm - 02/07/10 03:20 AM

It is raining so hard now I can't see my next door neighbors house, well almost. I am waiting for the lights to go out too, geesh!!! Global warming, my big fat butt...! Sorry, but promised not to cuss. LOL!

Re: After the storm - 03/15/10 01:47 AM

The air smells so clean once the rain subsides and the sun has poked it's head out making it a sunny 70 degrees. This is definitely suntan weather before it gets too hot to burn the skin. I am headed to the pool to tan...