WEDDING THIS THURSDAY!

Posted by: Edelweiss

WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/28/07 05:33 PM

Time goes soooo fast!

Po and Celtic .. are tying the knot this Thursday Febuary 2.!!!!!!

So if any one would like to send them a wedding card please just post me, and I'll be happy to send you their address.

Hannelore
Posted by: Anno

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/28/07 05:50 PM

Hey, I am hoping that we can celebrate right here, online with them!

Happiest of happy days to both of you!

Love, Ann

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/28/07 06:43 PM

Whatever...we can celebrate here too.
Posted by: Lola

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/28/07 06:49 PM

Hannelore, you sure it's the 2nd? My diary says the 1st! Shall we have a party here?

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/28/07 07:04 PM

YIKES ! ME MAKE BOO-BOO !
You're right Lola, it is the First! But it's still this Thursday...

OH gee. I'm full of senior moments...got to edit this:

Lola, the dancing queen! You are the official party maker here! I hand you the royal reign to take over....
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/28/07 09:30 PM

Hey, what's the weather like in February in Ireland? I hope it's a beautiful sunny day...just like their smiles!
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/29/07 10:58 AM

are you being funny you put this annocment under girlfrends hehehehe or didn't you notice,,,,or is it just my sence of humer.....

Anyway i clicked this button exited thinking who getting married......not that i forgot and not that im disapointed it us......

you did scare me with the 2nd i have those forgetty moments too, this time id better not.. ...i won't heheheh

celtic_flame
Posted by: Poppie

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/29/07 11:09 AM

Mornin' Ladies,
Hannelore...you nearly gave me heart attack with the date mix up!!! I have recovered now. Today...the weather brings the first blush of a fresh spring day in the air.. I hope it is like this on Thursday!...HOLY MOLY....THURSDAY...there goes my heart racing!
Great idea for an online sorta 'hen' party..eh??

Keep Sweet

Popea
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/29/07 12:50 PM

All the best from Bonnie Scotland

Mountain ash
Posted by: TVC15

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/29/07 01:10 PM

Oh how exciting!!!!!
I hope you get a gorgeous day, but even if the weather isn't perfect, it will be a gorgeous day!
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/29/07 03:44 PM

Congratulations and tons of best wishes!! I hope your day is filled with sunshine and blue skies.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/30/07 05:28 AM

I'm declaring the day will be gorgeous! Not that I have much cosmic weight in those matters -- but gorgeous it will be

Since my carrier pigeons are all lolling on the California beaches, you'll get my card when our respective post offices walk-swim-walk the way to Belfast. In the mean time -- we're all looking forward to your blessed day.

A virtual wedding here at BWS! Maybe I'll get dressed up for 5 minutes to celebrate

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/30/07 07:33 AM

Popea, did you think YOU had the wrong date? Ha ha...I posted under girlfriends, cause that's what we all are. There was no forum for weddings...And marriage? Well, that's for us oldies, and there was more risk that it would be covered up.

I remember the day I got married. It poured. And when we left the townhouse portals, we had to wait a while to be able to cross the street, for a herd of mooing cows were being led to their stables. After they passed, we played 'doge – the - cow- dung' to get to the other side. We all made it across, except my brother-in-law- who slipped and sat smack in the middle of a pile of cow sh…

So no matter the weather, or what mishaps the day may bring; remember if our marriage survived those bad omens; …you'll survive anything.

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/30/07 01:31 PM

LOL Hannalore, too funny!
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/30/07 03:42 PM

Hannelore,

Too bad that wasn't on video...I think you might just have won on America's Funniest Home Videos! LOL

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/30/07 03:44 PM

Hannalore,
They do say it's good luck.

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/30/07 07:11 PM

that be hysterical to rember and be more funny if you had got it on video....did he smell really bad for the rest of the day lol......

my dad droped the rings, bent over as the priest did and they both headbutted each other...well it was in glasgow whatcha expect...

ps i was only joking ith the you joking bit about the girlfrends but yea i did tell someone it was the 2nd at 1 and not the 1st at 2

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/31/07 04:05 AM

Hey girls, how are you doing? A day away from the big day. I have been thinking about the two of you so much. Again, enjoy the love - enjoy the day.
Posted by: gims

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/31/07 04:23 AM

A shower on the wedding day is supposed to be good luck...

Hannelore, that is definitely a visual...lol...poor brother-n-law!

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 01/31/07 12:50 PM

You two must be so excited and I'm excited for you!
Try to remember to relax and enjoy every minute of your beautiful day!

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/01/07 04:30 AM

Hannelore, that's the funniest wedding story I've heard so far
Posted by: Lola

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/01/07 06:11 AM

Today is the day!!!

With love and best wishes to Popea and Celtic!!!

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/01/07 08:02 AM

SADIE SADIE, MARRIED LADIES!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, CONGRATULATIONS

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/01/07 12:09 PM

Congratulations. You may now kiss the bride!

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/01/07 12:28 PM

Oh what a wonderful day!
Can't wait to hear all about it!
I hope your weather is nicer than here. We're getting a couple of inches of snow!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/01/07 12:53 PM

Sending prayers and best wishes - and doing a happy dance (still in my pajamas, is that okay?) for you two today! I hope you drop in here to tell us all about it and let us give a toast to the deliriously happy couple!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/01/07 01:54 PM

May your lives be filled with love and laughter,
May these things follow you around as shadows,
and may you look into each other's eyes and see yourself.

Love and congratulations to you both, JJ

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/02/07 06:48 AM

WOOHOOOOOO!!!!! Happy happy wedding day!

and may you live happy and healthy and be in love forever.

I put on a pair of new socks for the occasion

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/02/07 04:02 PM

Hello all our Boomer Sisters and 'grannie'.....we are sooo greatful for all the, warmth, good humour, love and support.
Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.

We are exausted....yesterday was outstanding and outstripped any expectation I have could have held before.

One of us ...or indeed both will get back posting all te craic(fun)...once we have had some more rest,

Love to you all

Po

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/02/07 05:44 PM

Hey Married Lady!
So glad to hear all went well!
Hurry back and fill us in on the details!

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/02/07 06:17 PM

Dear Mrs Po ans Mrs. Celtic!
How great is that; that you think of your Boomer sisters's and of course your grannie.
So glad everything went well, and that it was big party time!
Posted by: whittlewoman

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/02/07 07:09 PM

I'm sending you post ceremony CONGRATULATIONS because I missed telling you yesterday. You are making our herstory sisters.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/02/07 07:52 PM

Details...we want details! I thought about both of you on Thursday and sent good feelings your way!

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/02/07 09:16 PM

And pictures, we want pictures!

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/03/07 11:40 AM

Hello everyone...here is a link to some of the wedding photo's
...we had a wee chat and decide we would allow publ9c access, especially to our Boomer Sisters

www.shaneandadrian.com

tell us what you think?
The day went sooo well..such a fairytale, now we are having difficulty comming back to the world again. The car needs taxed, the ba's birthday is soon, we have London to organise...all good, but we are exausted. No drink for us on our day....thank god....imagine all this with a hangover!!! Anyhow, we wanted to savour every little bit...and not have anything dampened with booze....and we still managed to dance like eejits along with those who wrwe somewhat inebriated....no one kne the difference...lol...we were high on lurve even though I regret telling half my guests that I was doing fine on adrenalin and coke.....in Scotland we call it coke...in Ireland they call it coala!!!!! Now I know why I was gtting funny looks!!...lol

celtic_flame

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/03/07 12:49 PM

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures of your day with us. All I can say is you both looked lovely and it looks like everyone had too much fun! I wish I could have been there. I read the best man's speech and could feel his love for you.
Once again I wish you all the best!

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/03/07 01:57 PM

thanks tvc15 I forgott to introduce ourselfs i am blond po is dark haired and she really is that butifull or more so in real life, the tall lad beside her is her son who gave her away and was her witness. The ladie beside me was my witness and best frends for over 10 years the wee one in the suite and jaket with red handky is lucien, he is gonna be three on the 11th of this mounth. We talk about him often in the rooms he a wee lovable scally and was preeety tired at the ceromony but peerked up for the party...he carried the rings on a cussion, ran around us vrooming as a car or motorbye...and went beep beep beep all throgh out vows as he was then being a reversing warning noise on a truck....he carried the rings to the front then when asked to give us them he looked smiled and went NO carried on vromming his car....so he was the most relaxed and unfhazed one in the room just doing wat a nerarly 3 year old dose....and thats just being himself. Robert no longer lives with us he is comming up to being 21 so him being home is a great treat for lucien. he lived with us when lucien was born and Luvien just adores him and clings when he visites hero worship lol....

we obviously not got the "offical" photos back yet so thes are the ones adrian took of the day....he also videod the cerimony and speeck etc....we havent even gotten around to watchening it yet....

I am enjoying the relaxed atmospher in the house it's warm and cosy but Lucien decided or has descovered what late at night and early morning rooming around the house is all about....it's like sleeping on a knife edje the wee scally....more tranning needed me thinks oh well kids....

and just to repeat and make certine you all understand even if it's too late to readress the gests....it was nerves or adrenaline and coca-cola ...

thanks celtic_flame

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/03/07 02:24 PM

Thanks for introducing us to the handsome people in the photos. Lucien is a charmer for sure. I'll say it again. Everything and everyone looked just lovely.
The cake was gorgeous too!

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/03/07 02:51 PM

Well now, have you two recovered from your festivities?
Thanks so much for posting the link to your wedding pictures. It's the next best thing to being there! You all looked like you were having a fun loving time! The way it should be at weddings.
Lucien looks like a little gentleman in his chic suit. And Po, your oldest son looks so proud and handsome in the pictures.

When are you two 'lovlies' taking off for London?

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/03/07 02:58 PM

THE CAKE!!!! That turned out to be a carry on indeed TVC. My friend was getting it made professionally for our day...to be collected on the morning of the ceremony!! Bless her, when she went to fetch it to bring it from my home town to Belfast....apparently it did not look fit for human consumption! They had iced it in chocolate icing...which was not what she payed for(or asked for!!). My poor freind was so upset and had to stop at a mall to pick up two little cakes(the original was to feed sixty/seventy)...she was in bits. After the ceremony...she came up to me with another freind...doing all the usual, remarking on how wonderful things were...and how it was a pity about the cake!!! She saw my face and realized that I had not been informed.!!!
At that point...what was the use in getting all queenie about it!!!
Hense, the 'quaint little' cake.

The kids enjoyed it anyhow.

Popea

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/03/07 03:03 PM

A beautiful couple! It does look like everyone is having a grand time. And such handsome boys!

Congratulations on everything. Enjoy a long, loving and prosperous life together.

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/03/07 03:31 PM

Hi Hanelore....we are still very tired....but feeling soooo soft and loved up. Lucien is a pet indeed...and Robert is the biggest softie. He was so supportive to both Celtic and I all the way through the day...and helped out with the Ba alot too. I cried at various points during the ceremony and both Robert and Celtic would touch my hand or hold me lightly for constant reassurance.
I think we have enough time to rest up before hittig London on the 7th......I get to wear my dress again for the West End...whoooo hooooo.

Popea

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/04/07 04:26 AM

Great pictures. Thank you for sharing.

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/04/07 05:20 AM

I signed the guest book! You both look so beautiful and the boys are adorable. I'm glad it was a great day

Po, I'm envious of the dress -- purple is my color! I'm glad you get to wear it again.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/04/07 09:02 AM

I felt honored to see the photos and see I did keep it a secret until you told the other ladies the site to see the happy day. You looked beautiful as I wrote in the guest book and so did Celtic. That dress, va-va-voom, so sexy and loved her suit idea with the ascot. I know you'll enjoy the show Chicago, I did when seeing it. Well lovebirds, congratulations again...

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/04/07 01:53 PM

Po,
The cake seemed small to me for so many loving guests but it was really really pretty. I can't believe you were able to find one so beautiful on such short notice.

And I agree, the purple gown was an excellent choice. It went so well with your coloring. And getting to wear it again makes it doubly fun.
Again, I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day.

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/04/07 11:00 PM

yea it all worked out just great in the end....

about the photos and link we had to chat and see if it was ok just to post the link before doing so we all agreed it be ok...

so heer to seatling down to normality again and back to ryuthum of normal life

thanks ladies for your kind words and your support through this exiting but stressfull time i appriate it

cheers celtic_flame
Posted by: Saundra

Re: WEDDING THIS THURSDAY! - 02/04/07 11:33 PM

Late to the contragulatory party and so happy for you both. A grand and lovely party it was as will be your life. Best wishes to you both.