What made you smile today?

Posted by: diamond50

What made you smile today? - 11/18/06 11:40 PM

What made you smile today? or even yesterday?

This can be an ongoing thread. : )

Today I smiled because my sister called me!
Cindy
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/19/06 12:40 AM

Nice idea, Cindy, thanks!

I smiled yesterday because of all the nice comments JJ and everyone made about me on this forum. You're all so sweet!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/19/06 12:44 AM

I smiled because I had a light bulb moment and created a delicious and healthy dish this morning. I am posting it in the recipe section. OH so yummy.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/19/06 01:55 AM

I smiled today at our church sale.My smile startd in my heart and lasted all day.I was amongt friends was part of a team raising money though have worked with our hands collected things from others and passed on good will.We had fun in a place I have known as child right through to boomer years.
Mountain Ash
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/19/06 02:06 AM

Thoughts about the church parties I went to as a child.The hall where today I smiled

The adults set the scene
Trimmed the tree
Hung stars at the windows
Put holly on window sills

They wrapped presents
someone’s Uncle became Santa
planned with precision
the Sunday school party

each year for all of my childhood
always on Christmas Eve
a rolling booking in the church hall
tradition and set in memories bank

long tables set with goodies
ice cream at half time
the hush when the lights went off
someone’s baby sister always cried

but I knew the format
saw the nod ..the wink
worked out the system
smallest to the tallest

for me….a baby boomer
a war just newly past
knew nothing of hostility
just warmth and joy and God

My turn now to serve there
Same hall same church same God
Lingering kindly in the shadows
Those lovely folks of old

Mountain Ash
Posted by: Pam R.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/19/06 02:30 AM

I smiled today because the UPS man dropped off the Christmas present I ordered my 90 year old MOM and it was perfect. I had been looking in all the stores but found it online instead. Just what I was looking for, the color, size and style. Mom will love it.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/19/06 04:42 AM

Pam, how sweet!!!
Posted by: klmr13

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/19/06 01:00 PM

I smiled when I got a bunch of goodies at our local animal shelter's flea market. (Yes, appropriate event at an animal shelter!) The money goes to help the animals and we get some bargains - win/win!
Posted by: Anno

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/19/06 03:44 PM

I am smiling right now as I read about what others smile about.

I smiled today when I looked outside and the sun was shining bright and the sky was a gorgeous blue. Beautiful day.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/19/06 07:08 PM

I smiled today because we celebrated Thanksgiving. The food was delicious, everybody was happy, and my DILS cleaned the kitchen. I smiled today because our 9 month old granddaughter squealed for joy when she saw me, and stretched out her pudgy baby arms towards me.
Today was a piece of heaven for me. In my heart, I'm still smiling.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/19/06 11:02 PM

I'm smiling as I read what has made all of you smile.

I smiled ear to ear this morning while witnessing the Philadelphia Marathon as a spectator. My heart was so full of joy I even teared up. So many nationalities joining together in such a healthy way. People standing on the side cheering and calling names as runners went by. Some runners bulged with muscles, while others had cellulite just like mine. So many boomers. So many women boomers. Saw a man juggling, a woman talking on the phone, friends running together, serious runners leading the pack, people attempting to do so in wheelchairs. It was inspiring to think that all 10,000 people trained for this one event. Such determination, dedication, and splendor. I felt blessed to be a part of it. There were kids on shoulders cheering as Mom ran by, balloons, bottle waters being thrown about, dogs barking, people cheering by name for every person who ran by with their name on their shirt. I witnessed lots of smiles as I sat there with my morning orange juice and apple danish wondering how I would ever get back to the other side of the street. So many runners. So much bliss.
Posted by: Sadie

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/20/06 01:20 AM

What made me smile today . The Sun was out and knowing that my husband was finally well and no more surgery for now . He spent last christmas in the hospital .

Doing the right thing makes me smile also

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/20/06 03:44 AM

We tried the pumpkin pie shake at Jack-in-the-Box.
Yummmm!!!!

Cindy
Posted by: Daisygirl

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/20/06 01:10 PM

I smiled at the reaction from my grandson when I asked (after our TG dinner Sunday) if he would like to play Candyland with me. His face lit up. He was playing with some cars by himself, being a good boy, but just need a little attention from his Mammaw.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/20/06 07:39 PM

The plumber fixed my guestroom toilet. Then a Realtor I haven't heard from for a year called to hire me again, to send out 3000 calendars to her customers...Big job, lotsa mulah!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/21/06 12:30 AM

Congrats Chatty! Das Mulah!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/21/06 03:35 AM

Louisa sent me her BWS Christmas card labels and saved me a lot of time, something that's getting harder to find these days. Thank you Louisa!

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/21/06 05:28 AM

I'm smiling because I can just see us all getting our cards, and we'll know right away that they're from our BWS sisters since they'll all have those labels!

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/21/06 12:11 PM

And every label will remind me of Louisa and bring another smile to my face at the awesome ripple effect of her kindness.
Posted by: Louisa

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/21/06 12:26 PM

I'm smiling because it is nice to have so many friends. Thanks Kathy and Eagle. Anyone needs the labels, just let me know.

Louisa

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/21/06 02:16 PM

I smiled the most last night when I saw our oldest son walking towards us at the airport.

I smile this m orning when I learned the OJ news.

I love this post. Yesterday, I found myself being aware of every time I smiled. It's been interesting to see what makes me smile.

Living with Ross is a blessing. We've been together for so long that there are som many simple things we find ourselves laughing about.

I encourage everyone to think about what makes them smile. I bet you'll find yourself smiling more.

I have a big, bright smiley face mug from Chatty. She sent me flowers in it after my surgery. It's so big and bright, it's almost obnoxious (in a good way). Yesterday, it was my first smile of the morning.

Keep the smiles coming.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/21/06 07:52 PM

Oh my Dotise, thanks for smiling about the mug, it was suppose to be 'almost' obnoxious and make you smile, so its purpose has been, and will continue to be accomplished and the very least I could do for a true friend. Reading your post and the one about OJ made me smile first thing this morning.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/22/06 07:33 AM

Cooling tradewinds returned to Hawaii. It was very nice to be outside!

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/22/06 02:06 PM

LOL Diamond50 - we have cooling (as in freezing) breezes returning here - and it's very nice to be INSIDE. Brrr. But it's the first sunny day in a long time, so that makes me smile through the frost on our windows!
Posted by: Saundra

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/22/06 09:33 PM

I smiled today when the weather report told me it snowed here in Daytona Beach early this morning. Yes, there were flakes mixed in with rain and I missed it, again. I missed it 3 years ago too. I keep missing it! I was born in Canada so I know snow, but keep missing it here where it isn't supposed to snow. What else am I missing?

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/23/06 01:24 AM

I smiled so much at dinner last night with our two oldest children. We took them out for a nice dinner and it was like being out with two other adults.

I grimaced at physical therapy today when he pushed my leg to get a reading of 129 flexibility. Then I smiled. My goal is 130.

I smiled lots while out briefly with my daughter today doing a little shopping. She is all grown up.
Posted by: 49erDonna

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/23/06 02:01 AM

I smiled today when our little office went out to lunch to celebrate thanksgiving and I realized how blessed I am to work with two of the nicest people.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/23/06 02:23 AM

I smiled today because my 15 yr old son (who was awful yesterday) gladly helped me get the house and yard cleaned up today. There's hope!

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/23/06 08:44 AM

I smiled today just knowing that my whole family will
be together tomorrow. All six of our kids and their
spouses, all the grandkids and some other relatives.
Cindy

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/23/06 01:44 PM

I smiled today thinking about the new little ones we have in our family now (my husbands 2 grandchildren who are already here and the new one I have coming soon) and all the firsts they will have: the 1st Thanksgivings, 1st Christmas, 1st birthday, 1st Halloween costumes, 1st loves.

Louisa

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/24/06 10:45 AM

My face nearly cracked from all the smiling I did Thanksgiving day. I smiled watching the dogs and cats at the shelter enjoying their goodies and all the hugs and scratches behind the ears they got. Then I smiled watching the kids at the mission eating until they had full bellies and opening the gifts several of us ladies brought for them. Oh, and one womans husbands bowling leagues (they own a bowling alley) chipped in and they passed out warn mittens, gloves, hats and scarfs to everybody, old and young alike...Alot of folks were smiling then too. I smiled when I got home to my warm cozy house and my dinner was ready and even though I ate plenty, I didn't overeat or feel full and droopy after dinner. I took my shut-in neighbor a plate of food and a pie I made. We had a nice visit and I cut and washed her hair and made sure she was comfortable and went home to snuggle with my dogs who had turkey breath which made me smile even more...

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/24/06 04:41 PM

Today I am smiling because I am alone in the house watching a marathon of Without A Trace and basking in knowing that my family had fun at my house yesterday. I am smiling through my exhaustion of yesterday.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/25/06 08:09 AM

Knowing that I avoided shopping on Black Friday, LOL!!
But here is the rest of the weekend : )
Cindy
Posted by: Poppie

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/25/06 11:08 AM

I smiled..then giggled...then hooted, big belly laughs and all as I watched celtic_flame realize she had posted under my identity! Oh bless, I could not help it....her blushing was endearing and hilarious at the same time.
I trust you Ladies will afford her the same grace, kindness and wit that I received when I signed up. I think I will smile all day.
Kathy, if it's ok...can I mail you a photo of celtic soon...so you could help set it up? Thanks.

Popea

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/25/06 02:34 PM

Sure, po, send a pic. I can't wait to see her! You guys should send a pic of both of you together, and then we'd be forever confused about which one of you was posting.

K
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/25/06 02:42 PM

I smiled yesterday AND today because I resisted all of the sweet stuff on the Thanksgiving table. YOU GO ME!

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/25/06 07:30 PM

I'm smiling because we just saw our brand new (2 hour old) grandson. Hubby (Papy) is beaming. Big sister (all of 5 years old) isn't so sure because it's turning out to be a rather topsy-turvy day for her, but we're all very grateful for his safe, healthy arrival!
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/25/06 08:42 PM

Congratulations, Eagle Heart.

I'm smiling today because I saw a new picture of my new grandson, Dominik.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/26/06 08:30 AM

Congratulations, Eagle!

Vicki, he is a doll!

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/26/06 09:05 AM

I can't believe how much hair he has! He looks like one of those "soft to touch dolls" they sell on TV. Bet you can't wait to hold him.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/27/06 12:11 AM

Vicki, he's so handsome! Love those eyes. Ours opened his eyes a little bit today, and I finally managed to get a picture of his sweet face. His big sister (5 years old) is madly in love with him, except when he cries. She spent the day at our house and couldn't wait to go to the hospital to see him again.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/27/06 08:55 AM

Eagle Heart, congratulations to you too! It must be wonderful to have so many grandchildren. Enjoy enjoy.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/27/06 11:08 AM

They grow up too fast if you ask me. My grandbaby is 16 now and he would have a fit me calling him my baby....Oh well.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/28/06 04:59 AM

Discovering I had more in my checking account
than I thought; because I forgot to write a deposit in LOL!

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/28/06 10:15 AM

Today I smiled when I had finished 500 calendars, knowing that I have a mere 2500 more to go, UGH!

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/28/06 03:35 PM

Meeting my friend at the mall to walk like old times.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/28/06 05:04 PM

Dotsie, your post made me smile...what a delight it must be for you to be able to walk like that again!
Posted by: Dee

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/28/06 05:19 PM

I smiled today because God gave me another day with my husband and family. Vicki...your grandson is absolutely adorable.
Posted by: Daisygirl

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/28/06 05:31 PM

I smiled when my Grandson said, "I know Mamaw, let's talk about things."
Posted by: Lola

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/28/06 09:08 PM

I smiled today because I am finally on my feet and feeling much better after a nasty bout with the flu. It feels good to "hear" all the chatter again.

I smiled today because I caught up with previous posts when I was away from BWS and was wished well. Many thanks.

I smiled today because I have just finished wrapping my gift for my BWS Kris Kringle which I shall send off tomorrow morning. I hope she likes it.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/29/06 12:18 AM

Welcome back Lola,
so glad your feeling better pet and the flu thingie is on the mend. Check out the recipes...I posted one which I swear is great for all those kind of flu like stuff. Try my soup, it's the best

Po

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/29/06 12:36 AM

Lola, It's good to "see" you again and hear your voice. You were missed!!

I had my annual flu shot a week ago so am hoping that will keep the big bad bug away for another year.

I sure wish we lived close enough that we could all make and bring you some homemade chicken soup to help make you feel even better.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/29/06 06:38 AM

Hi, Po and Eagle: Many thanks and it is good to be back. I would have surely loved the soup! Thin and hearty was all I had for 12 days...even during my Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone had the goodies and I had soup!

Irony of it was, I had my flu jab the week before.

But, never mind. All in all, I am better and all now.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/29/06 02:54 PM

Lola, that's interesting that you had your flu shot the week before you got sick. I got my flu shot last Wednesday, and I've been so crappy since Thursday. Not only terrible headaches (very unusual for me) and heavy fatigue, but every muscle is aching, I feel generally unwell, and my spirit/mood has been erratic and dismal for several days now. I was feeling perfectly well (and reasonably happy) before the shot...all of this unwellness hit me like a brick the day after the shot. I wonder if there's a connection.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/29/06 07:58 PM

Hi, Eagle: Except for the moods, that's how it started with me. A few days after the jab. My daughter said that it actually takes a month for the jab to work and because I was not sleeping well for the past month prior, my immunity was not up to par. You have been quite busy running around and helping out with your brother so fatigue must contribute to it. Try to rest. I think I pushed myself too far and did not do that when the early symptoms crept in which is why I ended up with a full blown flu.

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/29/06 10:21 PM

This little man made me smile today.....when I captured him napping on the sill.

Pohttp://webmail.ntlworld.com/agent/mobmain?

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/29/06 10:25 PM

No I am frowning because I must have Messed up the poto instructions Lola was so kind to
provide me!!! I think you can still see him if you click on the link!!

Puzzled Po

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/29/06 10:38 PM

Oh, bless him. How did he manage not to fall from there, Popea? Would you like me to upload it for you?

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/29/06 10:48 PM

Okay, here's a playmate for Lucien. My month-old grandson who, from the way he was napping on the floor, seems just right for the manger. Sleeping babes. Don't they just make you smile.

[/URL][/image]

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/30/06 04:20 AM

Oh Lola,
he is beautiful..bless him. I am not sleeping well tonight...so I will try and have another go. If I cannot get it, then yes please. That would be kind of you.
Fingers crossed. Now I know that I am well broody!!!

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/30/06 04:46 AM

Well, here hoes again Lola!

"Lucien napping on the windowsill"

I did it....isn't he thee cutest.
thank so much you again Lola

Popea

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/30/06 04:55 AM

Now I want to post most of the photo's since he was born. All of the ones of my 20 yr old as well...lol

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/30/06 07:33 AM

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/30/06 07:53 AM

Popea and Lola....sweet pictures!

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/30/06 08:00 AM

OH Popea and Lola what sweeties.
How old is Lucien, Popea?

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/30/06 09:37 AM

Hi Hannelore,
Lucien will be three in Feb...he is my wee heart baby.

Po

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/30/06 10:38 AM

Today I smiled when one of the six kittens I am taking care of was found (searched for an hour) inside my crockpot on a lower shelf in the pantry... Not sure yet how she got in there, but there she was upside down fast asleep...

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/30/06 12:03 PM

Aww, to chatty and popea!

Last night I smiled lots while meeting with my local networking group.
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: What made you smile today? - 11/30/06 02:24 PM

I only just found this post...it makes me smile...

Today I'm smiling because I get to see my Bailey next week. She's smiling because she has found her toes!

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/01/06 06:46 AM

Jane, Bailey is so adorable!!

Re: What made you smile today? *DELETED* *DELETED* - 12/03/06 01:50 PM

Post deleted by Louisa

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/03/06 01:52 PM

I am smiling today because I am meeting my sister and the new love in her life. I am so happy for her.

Re: What made you smile today? *DELETED* *DELETED* - 12/03/06 02:00 PM

I smiled all day Saturday at my daughter's baby shower. I've been trying to post a picture, but it's not working. I'll try again. Later.
Louisa

Re: What made you smile today? *DELETED* *DELETED* - 12/03/06 04:17 PM

need I say more?

Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: What made you smile today? *DELETED* *DELETED* - 12/03/06 05:08 PM

I'm smiling because I bought airline tickets to go see my new grandson next month. yay!

Re: What made you smile today? *DELETED* *DELETED* - 12/03/06 06:04 PM

That's not at Louisa's daughter's Babyshower, is it?

Loved the picture, and the caption didn't make me smile, it made me LOL!

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/03/06 06:24 PM

Jane and JJ? I could just imagine the giggles between the two of you. Smiles all around.

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/03/06 06:31 PM

No Hannelore, that me and Jane standing behind a very wide bookcase (LOL!) and my Mom is taking the picture. I also told Jane we could rest our CHINS on the bookcase...hahahha..ahem.

We had fun. Jane is a hoot.

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/03/06 10:29 PM

Reading some of the post here today had me grinning all over the place. God bless all you wonderful ladies. Oh and my last two foster kittens will have new homes for Christmas.

Re: What made you smile today? *DELETED* *DELETED* - 12/03/06 11:20 PM

Hannelore, this one is from my daughter's shower. I finally got it to work. It seems to work for me only if I use photobucket. This is Gina with her niece, Kelsey. The cradle was made by her father-in-law. It is the sweetest thing. It was a wonderful day. She got so many beautiful gifts. Louisa

Re: What made you smile today? *DELETED* *DELETED* - 12/04/06 12:05 AM

Here's a better picture of the cradle.
Louisa

Re: What made you smile today? *DELETED* *DELETED* - 12/04/06 02:26 AM

JawJaw made me smile today. Thanks. You are a sweetie.

Re: What made you smile today? *DELETED* *DELETED* - 12/04/06 02:38 AM

Jane and JJ, what a fun picture. I'm so glad you two have connected. Looks like you have lots of fun when you're together. Isn't it hard to believe you just met when you have so much in common?

Louisa, what a precious cradle. A friend of my dad's made a cradle for my sister's baby that was similar but it also had a stand you could sit in in. My niece is now 28 and has it in her homw from when her daughter used it. I bet that cradle will be in your family forever. What a dear present and labor of love.

Chatty, how did you find homes for the kittens? Will they be a surprise for other family members?

Re: What made you smile today? *DELETED* *DELETED* - 12/04/06 05:53 AM

I didn't Dotsie, I retired remember(oh sure.) But they needed homes and the shelter was crowded so I took them in. They have volunteers that call around to people who have come in looking for a pet at one time. Then they send someone unannounced to view the home/family and if they are approved the pet is theirs. They were shown photos and picked one of the two left. Four have already gone back to the shelter for their shots, etc. I will keep these two until the familys are ready for them. We won't allow a new baby pet into any home (with kids) until after the hulabaloo of the holidays, its too stressful for them....I will miss them all as they were such clowns. I have all these containers of calendars in my dining room and they were all over them, inside and out, up and down all the boxes. They had a ball and kept me laughing.

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/04/06 12:16 PM

Every post has "deleted" "deleted." I just deleted it from the Re: box and am posting to see if it goes away.
Louisa

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/04/06 01:03 PM

HOho I thought that was the post's title; "deleted deleted". Sort of cool.

What a beautiful work of carpentry, Louisa. That little baby is so lucky to get a Granpaw like that. My Hubby built our grandchild's crib as well. He cut out a moon, and smiling sun and stars on the side, so she could peek out. Sometimes she stretched her little hand through the opening; so cute to see a sun with a baby hand sticking out of the middle of it.

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/04/06 11:44 PM

This will be their 7th grandchild. He's made cradles for the others too. Yesterday, I helped bring things up to the baby's room. The crib will be here in another week and the armoire. My daughter saved her father's bookcase. (He was a carpenter) He made a corner bookcase for his den that has to be at least 3 feet on each end. She kept it when he died. It's now in the baby's room for her books and things. Hand made things are so great.

Louisa

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/05/06 01:08 AM

Oh Louisa, hearing things like this just does a body good. I love it when our children cherish their memories, don't you? And too, this baby shall have the touches of those people who loved and were loved, surrounding her. How cool is that?

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/05/06 02:29 AM

Yes, JJ. I'm glad my daughter is like that. She has her grandmother's wedding dress. She was going to wear it when she got married but it had some stains that wouldn't have come out. She's going to christen the baby in the christening dress that was hers. I saved it and gave it to her a few years ago. She took it out one day and told me it's in perfect condition and the baby ring that was her father's and the medal that was mine that I had pinned to it on her christening day were still on it. (37 years ago) When she told me she planned to use her own dress, I cried. Something I saved is finally going to be used again. I think the bookcase will come in handy and she'll have part of the grandfather she'll never know around her.

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/05/06 02:51 AM

You're giving me chills just reading it all. Good ones!

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/05/06 07:23 AM

I'm smiling reading all of the posts above!
cin

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/09/06 07:08 AM

Have any of you realized that you were walking around with a constant smile on your face? Thats the way I have been for a couple days now. Walk past a mirror or window glass and there I am SMILING...like a nut case.Oh, and humming, constantly humming. I must be happy? ?

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/09/06 09:05 AM

LOL Chatty.

I smiled extra today because I ran into some
old friends : )
Cindy

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/09/06 09:45 AM

This is such a nice thread. I lost it for a while and now I'm smiling because I found it again! It's the middle of my night and for some reason I couldn't sleep.

26 years ago tonight I wasn't sleeping either. I was walking down to the hospital nursry asking for my newborn daughter...she was only a few hours old and I missed her...before the days of rooming in! Now, I'm smiling with that memory!

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/19/06 10:19 AM

I am smiling today because 'the goods and services act' which was being apposed by the leading party in Stormount(our wee supposed parliment) was preposed by every one else. Which means the right wing, fundamentalist (who hate everyone who isn't white, protestant and male) did not get their way. So women like me can not be discriminated against in shops, hotels...or any other public or private service providers.

The ground breaking changes in NI are long awaited for and have been so slow. But....watch this space!!

Popea

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/19/06 11:01 AM

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! About time as well. It has always puzzled me why this legislation did not manage to be enforced across the board for the UK in the first place.

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/19/06 02:20 PM

Hi Lola,
those in opposition, the DUP,(DISCRIMINATION USUAL POLICY)came up with the most ludicrious twaddle as to why they were opposing the Bill. I read the whole Stormont debate yeaterday and it made for some reading I can tell ya!!!!In one sense we are so archaic in our policies...but then look at where the First Civil Partnership was held in Britian. Yup, here at home in good ole Belfast, with the eyes of the world upon Shannon and Grainne. How brave were they???
Did you see 'The Wedding'....the documentary about the gals whole run up to the big day???

It would have taken tears from a stone.....but then I would cry at the drop of a hat!!

Popea

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/19/06 02:27 PM

How fun to read first-hand what's going on in toher parts of the world.

I smiled yesterday and last night as the kid's friends came in and out while home for the holidays.

I also smiled at the 70 degree weather for walking the dog around the block at night with Ross. It's December and it feels like April or May.

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/19/06 02:31 PM

Dotsie, 70 degrees??? I'm in California (granted, I'm in the mountains) but it's 21 degrees this morning!! Brrrrr

I guess I'm smiling because SOMEbody is warm, even if it's not me!

Kathy

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/19/06 03:31 PM

Hi, Popea: You give an entirely new meaning to the acronym of DUP. And it stands to reason, I must say. Yep, I have read the threadbare arguments against it. It's so threadbare it can float and dissipate. Mind boggling, to say the least. What's the public support like outside party opposition and organizations?

No, I have not come across "Wedding..."

You and Celtic make me smile. The Irish and Scottish counterpart of French and Saunders!

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/19/06 09:08 PM

Funny lady Lola....

In a recent' MORI' poll showed two thirds or more are in favour of 'civil partnerships' and all equal rights concerning the L.G.B.T community in the North and U.K. "The Wedding" was previewed in on T.V recently over here and I thought you might have seen it.

Popea.

So...Celtic and I are becomming a double act ..eh..how sweet?

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/19/06 11:40 PM

Thats worth smiling about Anne, in fact I just did. So happy to hear you were spared.

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/20/06 08:17 AM

Anne, you definitely were blessed that night!
cindy
Posted by: Danita

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/20/06 02:09 PM

I smiled today because I re-read all the posts in the "danita" (please pray for forum)...and it was just a blessing to see all the prayers and good wishes from all of you.

I am so glad to be back, and look forward to finding SOMETHING ELSE to talk about, besides me. LOL

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/20/06 06:14 PM

Hello Danita... so nice to see another pretty face here! Welcome back!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/20/06 08:28 PM

Welcome back Danita...I too had computer problems. I have another one now and it works!
Hello girls,
I have missed you all so much. My thoughts and prayers have always been with you. I am so glad to be back...so much has happened since I was here but I'll save that for another time.
I have 20 gajillion e-mails to check and oodles and gobs of downloading to do. Not to mention posts to read.
I hope everyone is doing well.

All my Luv,
chick
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/21/06 05:49 AM

I'm smiling because a friend makes absolutely wonderful chocolates, with fruits, nuts, buttercream, etc. and she gave out packages of them! I'm trying to make the goodness last by savoring only one per day

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/21/06 06:06 AM

There are so many reasons to smile while in this forum, it would be hard to pick just one reason....I just keep on smiling.

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/21/06 10:15 AM

The childs first school photo...and him copying me saying..'Go like the billyo' this morning(just means hurry as fast as)

Popea
Posted by: klmr13

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/21/06 10:20 AM

Well, actually, it was YESTERDAY, but I was so tired when I got back that I didn't come online. My friend and I went into the city (NYC) and visited all the store windows ranging from Macy's Herald Square, to Lord and Taylor's and Sak's, and more! We also saw the tree in Rockefeller Center, had lunch and saw the off-Broadway play, "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change!". I wish I could give it a good review, but compared with such plays as Phantom and Aida and The Fantasticks, this one came up very short.
But it was a lovely, chilly day in the city and just wonderful to be ALIVE!

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/21/06 11:06 AM

Today I am off to Mexico for a few days of warmth and sunshine. Gotta smile about this!

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/21/06 12:57 PM

Woke up this a.m (which in itself is something to smile about - lol) there is ah, about 3 feet of snow - (and still snowing) and we still have electricity. Thank you Jesus! Don't mind being snowed in - but electricity is a real bonus, don't you know!

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/21/06 02:06 PM

I'm smiling because this thread is back up...it's one of my favorites!

Danita...I don't know you...but you have a beautiful smile! I'm sure we'll get to know each other. Enjoy the snow!

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/21/06 02:23 PM

Hi Jane! Nice to meet you......thank you, I look forward to getting to know YOU!

danita

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/21/06 03:32 PM

What fun it is to read what makes boomer women around the world smile.

Chick, so very glad yo uare back. See your pm.

Danita, your smile makes me smile. You look great kid.

I'm smiling today because work is a little slow, which is a blessing this time of year. Yesterday was the first day I've felt caught up in months. It's a great feeling.

I'm smiling today because it's my daughter's 19th anniversary of her arrival from Korea. She had all four wisdom teeth pulled yesterday so I've been nursing her back to health and it feels so good. She's asleep on the sofa and rings her bell when seh needs me since she can't talk yet.

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/21/06 03:36 PM

I'm smiling today because I didn't have to go to jury duty! Woohoo! Time to finish shopping and cleaning! My best friend and her family are coming to stay with us Saturday through Monday - I can't wait!1

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/21/06 03:37 PM

I'm smiling because my daughter is coming later tonight along with her husband and my adorable Bailey.

I'm smiling with you Dotsie as you celebrate such a momentous day...chipmunk cheeks and all!

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/21/06 09:27 PM

I'm smiling for two reasons today, first Danita is back and started up the everyone chips in to write a story post, what fun. Secondly because JJ sent me a PM to say why she has been missing from the forum for days now. I was worried. Check up above under Friends Heal Friends and see for yourselves. Feels so good to be smiling doesn't it?

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/22/06 03:39 AM

I don't think I have. It's been a long day. Oh, wait, we got a card today from my stepson. It was a picture of little Libby in front of the tree. She had the cutest pose. That made me smile. Good thing for that.

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/22/06 09:35 AM

I'm smiling today because I'm taking my Mom to the Nutcracker Russian Ballet. Afterwards we're going to a restaurant to meet Hubby, brother and about a dozen other people. There we'll be Christmas carolling till the wee hours of the morning.

Testing...1-2-3...la la la la la laaaaa

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/22/06 02:27 PM

I'm smiling because I can just picture Chatty's face when she sees what I just posted in the "Snowy Day.." story thread....
Posted by: bamgibbs

Re: What made you smile today? - 12/22/06 10:07 PM

I'm a little late but what made me smile YESTERDAY was when I received a lovely Christmas Card from RickandJune!

Nothing made me smile today but what made me CRY today was when I thought about how ridiculous I was being about not having my financial situation resolved. Realizing there are so many more things to be concerned about---like my daughter's health and wellness. That continues to be an issue and all the money in the world would mean absolutely NOTHING---if something happened to her.

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
Purchase your copy of “Hope for the Holidays” at http://www.talk2bev.com/holiday.htm

“I’m not a writer because I wrote a book. I wrote a book because I was inspired by God to write.”