What made you frown today?

Posted by: diamond50

What made you frown today? - 11/18/06 11:38 PM

What made you frown today? or yesterday?

This can be an ongoing thread; and you'll definitely find
support!

Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: What made you frown today? - 11/19/06 12:43 AM

Grrr. I have been dieting and don't have much of any sweet things in the house. There's a few things, but not much. I was at Bunko last night and didn't get home till 11pm. I was downstairs on the computer and my hubby calls down "There's no desserts". And then he said it again "There's no desserts", like I was supposed to run out at 11 at night to find him something! Grrrrrr

You'd think a man who can network an entire office computer system could go to the store without me to buy "desserts".
Posted by: Pam R.

Re: What made you frown today? - 11/19/06 02:32 AM

I frowned today after I wrote out all my bills and saw my checkbook balance!
Posted by: klmr13

Re: What made you frown today? - 11/19/06 04:10 AM

It made me frown that the media and "the powers that be" have seen fit to move up the Christmas frenzy a week. In our town the Christmas lights have always traditionally been lit for the first time on Thanksgiving night. But not this year - they were already on yesterday (11/17). Already the stores are having major sales that usually begin Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving), and today I heard the radio station that plays nothing but Christmas music during the holidays, ALREADY playing it!
I don't mean this to sound like a "Bah Humbug" kind of complaint, but I can't help but feel that the reason is to pressure consumers into a longer "spending window".

Oh, how I long for the Christmases of years gone by...

Re: What made you frown today? - 11/19/06 04:34 AM

No kidding, as I was just at Sears and they had the Christmas music going full
blast. The sales were nice tho!
Cindy
Posted by: klmr13

Re: What made you frown today? - 11/19/06 12:59 PM

Oh, yes...Santa arrived at the mall on the Monday after Veteran's Day. He used to come after Thanksgiving!

Re: What made you frown today? - 11/20/06 03:27 AM

I frowned because I slept past my alarm ringing LOL!