Boomers who seem to be "MIA"

Posted by: Bluebird

Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 10/24/06 02:47 PM

I know I haven't been on muh lately myself, but it seems to me that we haven't heard from many regulars lately.
Where are: Danita, Daisy, Chickadee, Avalon, Newleaf, Smile, Dreamer, Pam, Sherri, LSmith - just to name a few?
Hope you're all well and that you're just too busy to pop in.
(((HUGS)))
Posted by: Daisygirl

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 10/24/06 04:04 PM

Hi Jackie,

I haven't been posting as often as I used to, because I've had to travel and have been more focused on my work. We must not be checking out the same threads. I don't have time to read all of them, only the ones that catch my eye.

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 10/24/06 04:08 PM

Same here, Daisy. Glad you're ok!!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 10/24/06 04:15 PM

Wonder where the rest of um are....oh gurlsssss!
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 10/24/06 07:00 PM

Jackie, I've noticed that too. Well, I'm sure glad you're still around. Don't ever go away.

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 10/24/06 07:55 PM

I talked with The Divine Ms M, Meredith, and here is what she told me:

Starting from September 1, the short answer is :

1. I was out of town the Labor Day weekend for a crafts fair in Morro Bay, followed by several days vacation. Got back and had 2 whole days to prepare for a big craft fair that next weekend. Both shows went well, which means back stock was lowish.

2. the usual September stuff -- Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, hubbo's birthday and our wedding anniversary (30 years! and still no corpses!!)

3. I was invited to give a 1-hour poetry talk -- which took days to prepare, plus 2 days out of town again -- at the annual convention of California Special Districts, of which Placentia Library is part. All expenses paid to Lake Tahoe, ~600 miles north of here:
http://www.squawcreek.com/fireplacesuite.php
I think this was my room, except my dining room table seated 8. Not too shabby, huh?

4. My biggest wholesale jewelry order ever, 125 pieces.

5. 3 weeks ago, I pulled my hip out while dancing. Wasn't even jumping up and down, moving fast or ANYTHING! !@##$%&(&*&%%$@#!@#&%
Still a lot of ambient pain, which affects my strength and energy levels a lot.

6. 4 days after I pulled out my hip, Les (hubbo) had a heart attack. I got him into emergency, where he had a coronary angioplasty with a stent put in. I spent 4 days hanging out in his hospital room. By the time I was done with him, I lost 2 more days of my own in the medical system dealing with my hip. Nothing broken, but my arthritis has basically gone to hell. Les is doing fine, but needs a 2nd same surgery scheduled November 9 -- provided his artery holds until then.

7. My sister is having a boutique this Friday. I sent her 90 pieces of jewelry. Tagged, described and inventoried. I really hope it sells after all that work.

8. a gallery where I regularly sell my jewelry in the gift shop, asked for 3 dozen more pieces for their latest opening and fall holiday sales.

9. November 3-4 is my biggest fall craft show -- and I have NO BACK STOCK, and really not enough of anything else either.

10. and then the usual migraines, where days at a time just... disappear.

So in conclusion -- I've been mega muy tres busy, and will be for at least 3 more weeks.

I knew you all would want to let her know you are praying for her speedy recovery with her hip, and Les to recover fully from his heart attack. He has more surgery Nov. 9th. If you want to write to her, please use the PM feature here, or just post here. She does send her regards and will be back as soon as she has some time.
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 10/24/06 08:35 PM

Wow - our Meredith certainly has been inundated with "life"....Hopefully she and her hubby will be back to 100% soon. As for me and my absences from Boomer, it's not that I don't love you all - I just have problems focusing sometimes when I'm sitting at the computer. Chemo has done a lot of weird things to me! Can't WAIT for next February so I can get off this stuff and get back to being "ME".
Posted by: Lola

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 10/24/06 09:09 PM

I was just going to add Meredith's name to those Jackie mentioned but JJ said it all. Boy! Was Meredith busy or what!

Hi, Meredith: Hope and pray all goes well with Les on 9th Nov and your hip.

I have been missing Yonuh as well. Hi, Yonuh!

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 10/24/06 09:32 PM

Pam, I'm so sorry, I forgot about the chemo! I'll remember to pray for you now. ((HUGS))
Wow, Meredith has been busy and I didn't know about any of her and her husband's health issues. Will add them to the list, to.
Hannelore, you're so sweet!! ((HUGS))
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 10/24/06 10:05 PM

Pam, you're constantly in my heart these days - everytime I companion my brother through one of his 5-hour chemo treatments, I think of you and pray for you and wonder how you're doing. Chemo really does a number on him too. It completely zaps him of all energy. He can't sit at the computer for more than a few minutes at a time. In fact, he can't do anything for more than a few minutes at a time. He can (very slowly) walk over to the store to get groceries - but can't stand in line at the cash registers. And can't walk all the way through the store to get to the milk (which is always in the furthest corner from the doors!) And he can't stand at the stove cooking for more than a few minutes at at time, so when I'm not there we leave him several plates of leftovers which he can just stick in the microwave.

Going through this cancer thing with him has given me a whole new admiration and compassion for all who struggle through cancer. The cure is more brutal than the disease and as far as I'm concerned, anyone who dares to make that trek through it is a genuine hero in my eyes!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 10/24/06 11:30 PM

Ditto that thought Eagle....I don't know if I would ever be strong or brave enough to do what they do....Jackie, I truly believe, "once a Boomer, always a Boomer," but sometimes life gets in the way. All we can do is enjoy the sisters posting now and hope to see the others as their lives allow. I miss so many of them as well and wonder where they are and whats happening in the situations they so graciously shared with us. I pray for them all, and all of you here with us now.
WOW, Meredith you are Wonder Woman for sure!!!

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 10/25/06 12:00 PM

Eagle you are right - sometimes I think the treatment is worse than the disease BUT I know in my heart it's what you have to do to get better....You certainly know what this is like by virtue of being your brother's support through his treatments. At the Infusion Center at the hospital I see whole families coming to be with their family member while they are getting chemo - it's heart-warming. There's so much LOVE you can feel it! You are wonderful to give of yourself to be there for your brother. It DOES give us more strength - believe me.

Thanks for your prayers Bluebird.....you are a sweetie!

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 10/25/06 01:45 PM

I watched Mom take the chemo and then held her head as she was so sick afterwards. It's heart wrenching. I think you are all very brave. For those of you in the fight, God bless, and for those of you fighting side by side with your love ones, God bless you as well.

JJ
Posted by: starting over

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 10/25/06 08:17 PM

Sorry all, I've been swamped at work. Just coming up for air....Miss you all too!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 10/25/06 10:52 PM

I'm here in spirit, if not in person. ;-) My classes are taking up most of my time at the moment. I think about y'all often and pop in daily to see what's going on. I really miss you guys!
Posted by: diamond50

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 10/26/06 07:53 AM

Why does life get in the way, LOL!! Anyway I am back now : )
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 10/26/06 10:55 AM

Pam and Eagle, you are both on my prayer lists. I guess I need to add Meredith and her hubby.

I am so happy to hear about Meredith's jewelry business. Her work is beautiful. I've given lots of it as gifts, especailly at Christmas. I think she needs to get in the Femail Creations catalog.

yonuh, starting over and diamond - great to see you in the neighborhood again.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 11/16/06 12:07 AM

The good news: Les is recuperating nicely. His meds have worked very well so he may not need the 2nd stent. My hip is s-l-o-w-l-y healing. I'm walking OK but get tired with any exertion.

My craft fairs have been going well. I worked 3 weeks in a row of 80 hours/week to catch up after the health issues. Everything that I've needed to get done, got done.

Last week was supposed to be my return to "normalcy," whatever normal is. And then my computer crashed. I've spoken to several tech people and tried all sorts of supposed solutions and the short answer is, "You can't get there from here." I'll probably take my computer into Best buy for their Geek Squad to retrieve my files before I try to reinstall Windows, which may or may not reinstall. I don't have the option of reinstalling with files intact because I have broken partitions.

Hubbo's computer is a dinosaur that takes 15 minutes just to open an email so I'm at a computer in the Library. The computers on the main floor can't log me into BWS because of permanent pop-up blockers, but I'm in someone's office right now on very short-term computer loan.

Hope to be back soon.
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 11/16/06 12:41 AM

Meredith ,
Good to hear from you and that you are doing well . I have missed you and funny I was thinking of your the other day while I was on here and wonder what happen to you . Good news is all is well with you now.
As far as a computers did you have a firewall installed on your computer ? Spyware helps also and not much to download either .

Well , hope you computer is up working soon or you can purchase a new one soon. We miss you .

Take care ,

Renee

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 11/16/06 06:54 AM

Good grief Meredith, your bad luck has been on overload, hasn't it? Here's hoping you get everyting straigtened out soon!

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 11/17/06 02:13 AM

ps----that's a big 10-4 on yonuh, starting over and diamond being here again! Wuhooo!

Also, I talk to Pam Kimmell just about every day. She has good days and not so good days, but talk about a trooper. She has the best attitude of anybody I've ever seen. Go Pam! And we all know when you get your energy back and are feeling more like your old self, you'll be right in the middle of everyone, once again. We love ya, gal!

Same goes for you Eagle. Please give us a report whenever you can. You're such a caring person. It's so great that your brother has you to help him in ways that nobody else could. With love...and understanding. I pray for both of you.

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 11/17/06 11:06 AM

Meredith, you're sweet to fill us in on borrowed time. I can't believe you cranked out all those craft fairs. You're amazing. I think I need to visit your site to see waht you have in store for Christmas.

JJ, thanks for the update on Pam. It breaks my heart to hear about her bad days. This has been a long run for her. I'm praying she' ahs a lovely Thanksgiving with family/friends pampering her.

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/05/06 06:32 AM

I was computer-less for 3 whole weeks. Yes, I had firewalls, anti-spyware and the works, but sometimes sh-- happens. I now have a new hard drive, new external storage drive with all my old files, and everything re-installed EXCEPT my WordPerfect. WordPerfect came with the original computer, with a back-up CD to reinstall if anything happened. Well, the CD works as well as a circular piece of cardboard with spray paint. I sent an email to Dell tech support a week ago, and no reply. Tonight was going to be my night to call tech support for the 18th time, but I have a migraine and can't talk on the phone. Which means that I have all my files, but can't open any of my writing. WordPad and NotePad won't do it. I'm getting REALLLLLLY tired of all this computer hassle.

And two weeks ago, my foot started hurting really bad like it was sprained, but I have no idea why. Then it swelled up. I've been icing it, but with the hip still recovering, it's now 2 months that I'm barely able to walk. Hip is left side and this is right foot on top by the toes, so I don't even have a good side to limp on.

Mostly I feel I'm doing OK, but some days it's like I don't even come up for air.

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/05/06 11:39 AM

Meredith, sorry to hear about your computer nightmare. I used to be a computer techie, but am too obsolete now to be of much help. Dell usually has excellent tech support, but then I haven't had to deal with them in over five years, so maybe they've changed too.

Years ago I had bursitis in both hips. It was brutal. Even bedrest didn't help. The slightest movement (like hubby turning in bed) would be excruciating. Then my dental hygienist told me about MSM and within 3 weeks of taking it, the bursitis was gone...but came back as soon as I stopped the MSM. So I took MSM for about 3 years before the bursitis disappeared for good. It's been about 2 years since I've had anything more than a twinge. But I'm still very careful not to aggravate it.

Anyway, I can commiserate with you to some degree. It's good to hear from you, and I hope the pain eases off for you. I'll keep you in prayer...

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/05/06 11:59 AM

Well ladies, a lot of us seem to be dealing with various infirmities and illnesses these days....part of the joy of aging I guess. At any rate, I wanted to say thanks to all of you who wonder where I am (!), who have sent me emails of encouragements, and as Jawjaw said, I will indeed return one of these days to "play" on the forum like I used to. Until my energy level returns though I'm just resting and doing what I need to do for the next 3-1/2 months of chemo.

While I'm here, in case it's a while before I get back - may I wish everyone a wonderful holiday. May Santa bring you EXACTLY what you want/need ! BIG HUGS TO ALL.

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/05/06 12:40 PM

Meredith and Pam, your posts made me smile. Thanks for gracing us with your presence when you had a sec.

Meredith, I can totally relate to the limp. I've been quite gimpy myself lately...and it's no fun. A couple years ago, I went through a stretch of computer issues. Instead of getting a new Dell, I trusted a local computer geek to rebuild my computer and I've only talked to him once since. Do you have any local geeks you trust? Also, how's hubby and how's the jewelry business. ANy favorite Christmas items this year?

Pam, great to hear from you. Good for you for taking care of yourself by laying low and chillin'. It's probably just what you need right now. We're covering you in prayer and can't wait to have you back with us when this is behind you. Praying you well and wishing you a joyful holiday season. How's your sister?
Posted by: Lola

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/05/06 12:56 PM

Hi, Meredith: Nice to hear from you again! Hope all is mending well.

Hi, Pam: I have come across a few posts mentioning that you are currently undergoing chemo treatment. I have always meant to post something back to wish you at first instance but never came around to it and I would like to take that chance now. I wish you well and hope for any discomfort, which side effects of the treatment brings, to be relatively nil to mild. God bless.

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/05/06 05:04 PM

It's so good to see the Divine Ms M back in here...and Pam too. I love those gals.

Say, the moat needs cleaning and I was wondering if anybody knows where Evie might be hiding?

Evieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....Oh Evieeeeeeeeee! Mere...

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/06/06 01:16 PM

Thanks Dotsie and Lola.....I know that were it not for the prayers of all of you and my other friends and family I would NOT have handled this as well as I think I have so far! I had no frame of reference for chemo treatments - but other than the first couple of months, it's not been so bad. Anyway, THANKS and bless all of you for caring.

Dotsie my sister still has no use of her right hand...her shoulder replacement is great though. She has full range of motion for the first time in YEARS. They are still trying to determine if the nerve damage (causing her hand to be numb) will improve or if this is permanent. She's right-handed and this is her right hand - she's always loved quilting and sewing so it's particularly tough. On top of that she's getting a puppy the first of the year and she's concerned she may have a tough time taking care of him.......somehow I think she will manage THAT well though!

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/06/06 01:22 PM

Pam, I think of you so often, especially when I'm sitting with my brother watching him "drink" in the 4 hours worth of chemo. It's brutal. He only has 4 treatments left (though it's possible he'll be extended), and dreads every one of them. Your courage in facing 3-1/2 more months of chemo is inspiring. My heart, prayer and care are with you more than you can imagine. Know that you're beloved here.
Posted by: Evie

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/06/06 02:35 PM

oh great...just when I thought I'd pop my head in for a moment, the moat needs cleaning - don't tell JJ I was here OK?

so good to see posts from our Pam and Meredith

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/06/06 03:11 PM

Evie, it's so good to see you again! The moat can wait. Let's let someone else do it this week, someone who doesn't have to worry about getting frostbite on the fingers (how cold is it there today?) We need you to hang out here with us for awhile. What have you been up to lately?

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/06/06 03:21 PM

Is it me or did I just see Evie run through here? Evie? Zat you hun? No...nu uh...must have been someone else. Dang it all...NOW who am I gonna get to clean that moat....Hm...and where O where did my Evie go? Oh whereeee O where can she beeeeee....ahem...ahem...

Eagle! How ya doin' there babe? Say, I couldn't interest you in a little moa----what? Okay, okay...no need to get testy...Hey you wouldn't happen to know where Evie is hid---er, I mean staying, would you?

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/06/06 03:47 PM

Gee, looks like the old crowd is back. Posts will be moving now! Glad to see everyone again. Funny how Meredith, Pam and Evie are all popping up at the same time. Boy, JJ's moat must need some dire cleaning!

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/06/06 03:52 PM

So........................you looking for a small job? (Hannelore picks up skirts and runs to the back of the room)

Hey! Wait! Where you going? Why does everyone go running when I say that? It's a small moat. And we're down to three alligators for Pete's sake. One of them is so old he doesn't have any teeth. Have you ever seen a toothless alligator? A "TA?"

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/06/06 04:18 PM

Ok, I'm here but I'm not cleaning ANYTHING!!!
But I'll give y'all a ((HUG)).

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/06/06 04:56 PM

No, Bluebird, I wouldn't hug an alligator, even if he doesn't have any teeth.
Oh, you meant us? Okay...hug you back.

Pssst... What are we going to do about JJ? Maybe we should get together some night and pour cement in the moat?

Do you think JJ heard that? ..... Oh, oh.

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/06/06 05:08 PM

Ahem...................

Would you two happen to be the same ones who short-sheeted my royal bed? Hmmm?

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/06/06 05:16 PM

Hubby just came up and asked me why I'm laughing.
Laughing ? ...I'm guffawing !
How can I explain the humor here in three words or less?
oh man.
JJ..I'm finally gonna order your book. I'll probably have to read it when sitting on the pot...you know, weak bladder and all…....

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/06/06 05:19 PM

Why JJ, I would never short sheet your bed...that's housework, silly.
Now I may put a snake in it...wonder how high you can jump?

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/06/06 05:27 PM

S-N-A-K-E? Don't even kid about that girl. How high you want it? I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF SNAKES. I'll clean the moat myself. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

Hannelore, you've just become my new best friend. You are excused from moat duty for a whole mon--week. What?

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/06/06 08:48 PM

Quote:

Funny how Meredith, Pam and Evie are all popping up at the same time. Boy, JJ's moat must need some dire cleaning!

yup - you know the moat needs cleaning when people start popping up out of it

"oh dear Hanna (lore)
won't you please hide me?
'cause the Queen's from Alabama
and the moat is where I'll be...."
(sing to the tune of Oh Suzanna...)

PS - Eagle, it's -10C here (think that's 20F for you american folks) but the windchill is making it feel more like -20 something....cold enough to freeze the moat off a brass alligator...or something like that...

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/06/06 09:27 PM

You're such a sweetie Eagle.....thanks for your encouragement. It really DOES help!

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/06/06 10:35 PM

I've just called the Moat-R-Us folks, the Moat-A-Nators Club, and the United Moat Cleaners of America. They ALL say the same thing. They're booked solid until after the New Year! Dang it all! You know Evie dearest, you are such a special part of my MoatNESS...and I just don't know what this Castle would be like if I didn't have you and your Alligator Poop-Mobile...so, whatcha say gal? Once for old times sake? Hmmm? A little dip in the old Moaster? Eh? Eh?

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/07/06 12:08 AM

the Alligator Poop-Mobile is all pooped out....

I called Stacey at Moat-A-Nators, she owes me a favor (drove her home from the Moat Cleaners Christmas Party last year after she had one too many Flaming Moat-a-rita's). She'll be over first thing in the morning to get the Moat all spick and span. Better keep Sir Sam Elliot outta the way though. Stacey can be quite stunning is those hip waders she wears for moat cleaning - especially when that's all she wears.

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/07/06 12:41 AM

Way to go on getting Stacey to do it! You know...I was in the DEW DROP INN the other day and some of the regulars were saying that old Stacey put the PART in PARTAY...is zat so? Thanks for the tip on Sam, too. I'd hate to have to jerk the PART out of her TAY. You know what I mean?

Sure hope old Stacey can get there early... Say, you DID tell her about the alligators, yes? You know...the one with diarrhea? Silly me, will I ever remember that Alligators cannot digest IRS people? It taxes their tummies.

Gotta run...somebody put gold dye in the royal paint buckets and now every floor in the South side of the castle looks like a road. I had a small girl in pigtails with her dog stop me in there this afternoon. Something about looking for a wizard?

I'm telling ya...it's hard to get good slaves nowadays...ya know?

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/07/06 12:55 AM

Why am I getting a sudden craving for Chips 'n dip?

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/07/06 08:08 AM

You gals are too funny! And for the record, I don't do moats. I barely have time for lunch, and you expect me to do moats? Come to think of it, my housecleaner didn't do them either, which is one of the many reasons she was fired. Or fed to the alligators -- honest-honest, I can't remember.

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/07/06 09:08 AM

Evie: Answer to the tune of Oh Suzanna….

"Oh dear Evie
Sure I'll hide you too!
I'll make that wild Queen 'pievie'
she'll be dancing the 'stompin' shoe'!"

You do the chips, I'll get the dip, Eagle Heart…move over!

I'm laughing crocodile tears. Yikes!…
That's dangerous language around here.

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/07/06 02:09 PM

Oh sureeeeeeeeeeeeeee....Everybody run to the aid of Evie. Just leave the old Queen sitting here with a dirty moat. I cannot believe you people. After all I've done for you.

Wasn't it ME that gave you that beautiful diamond necklace last year? (no wait, I kept that one).

Ah, well, wasn't it me that threw you that very large and expensive ball and anybody that was anybody came? (Uh...nope, that was for ME, too)

Well, er...there was that time I fed everybody in the village those lovely homemade cinnamon rolls, fresh from the Castle oven! (Yes! Yes! Ah...wait, nope...I ate all of those....hmmmm...)

"Oh dear Evie
Go ahead and hide!
It seems I've been a forgettin'
To pay you for your timeeeeeee!"
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/07/06 05:43 PM

moats???? is that short for motel.......southern one's with aligaters?

celtic_flame

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/07/06 06:18 PM

um...ya...sure...it's a real nice southern motel - that's it....

want us to book ya room? The Queen loves company staying in the moat.... :P

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/07/06 06:31 PM

But be sure to bring your hip waders. BIG hip waders...um, that didn't come out right. I don't mean hip waders for BIG hips, I mean BIG hip waders. Yes, there's a difference. I know what I mean. Okay, let me go and wash these BIG footprints off my tongue.

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/07/06 06:35 PM

What she means is that there are BIG alligators to take a BIG bite out of you! LOL! And don't let Evie fool you...a moat, is a moat, is a moat. It's dirty, surrounds da Queen's castle, and is in of some cleaning. It's Evie's job to clean it AND the royal stables, but here lately, I'm doing good to get her to wash and clean the royal paper plates. And they're my GOOD plates! I'm tellin' ya, it's so hard getting good slaves nowadays....sigh.

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/07/06 06:45 PM

Well maybe if you threw her a good Chip dipped in chocolate once in awhile, she'd stick around. Know what I mean?

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/07/06 07:53 PM

For some reason JJ, when I read your posts about alligators taking big bites out of your slaves...and then I look over and see your sweet little angel face smiling at me... I start to hear high screeching tones like in Psycho...

Eagle Heart, you really think the queen would throw chocolate in the moat? That would make everyone bloat…hey that rhymed.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/07/06 08:25 PM

Well thanks alot for all this unsuspected humor. I just got home again from the store and made my 'meatloaf.'(funny how that term always reminds my of my EX husband)...Oh but I digress, you're hilarious posts, songs and all, made me laugh so hard I had to change my jeans. Sometimes humor can be down right dangerous....Same tune and a one, and a two,

Oh dear QUEENIE,
get off your ROYAL butt.
The moat it needs a cleaning,
best remember 'dead' KING TUT!

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/07/06 08:37 PM

Same place...same tune

Hey we're all peeing,
cause Chatty is a nut.
But the moat still needs a cleaning;
Who the hell is dead King TUT?

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/07/06 09:29 PM

same tune, alto voice

And to the many poets
I tip my hat and stick
Who gives a rip bout King's old Tut
When my moat is full of -----------alligator poop.

What? You thought I would say the S word? Puleaseeeee....

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/08/06 01:27 AM

along with King Tut - da Queen's in DeNile....

Re: Boomers who seem to be "MIA" - 12/08/06 03:08 AM

Oh no she ain't...it's too freakin' dirty! NOoooooobody cleaned it either!