I need to be punished.

Posted by: Sher

I need to be punished. - 07/12/05 06:06 PM

Hello ladies,

I haven't been here in forever and I feel like a real rotten human being about that. My life gets so busy with work that I've forgotten how to slow down and keep in touch with old friends.

How is everyone? I've thought of so many of you so many times and I think, "Gee, I should stop by to say hello" and then I'm off on something else and the opportunity has passed again. Please tell me at least one of you has that problem as well.

Even though I am not around very much any more, I think of you guys quite a lot. Several of you have emailed and I do appreciate that. Hearing from you is wonderful.

Best to everyone!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/12/05 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sher:
Please tell me at least one of you has that problem as well.

Uh huh, you got it Pontiac. I started working part time, Sher, and believe me, I can see a difference in my time for family, friends and you loved ones. I good thing is, we are busy as opposed to being idle. I enjoy hearing from you.I miss your "funnies". I think I came onboard around the time you had the Kansas convention. Are you planning another for next year?
Don't feel rotten about anything, we know you love us. [Big Grin]
If you still feel like you need a whoopin, I'll call the Queen. Maybe she can let me out of the dungeon and put you there. No? Oh Queenie, yoo hoo...

chick

[ July 12, 2005, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: chickadee ]
Posted by: TVC15

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/12/05 06:32 PM

Hi Sher
We missed you too!
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/12/05 08:19 PM

Sher, you're welcome back any time!! Don't feel bad about not checking in. Life happens. We're here for you when you're able to check in. Take a deep breath every now and then and get your boomer fix.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/12/05 10:28 PM

Sher, it's great hearing from you. Always know we're hear waiting for ya. Don't forget to sprinkle a little humor while you're at it. I always enjoy your posts.

Your site momandhermoney looks fantastic. I love the new look.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/12/05 11:37 PM

Isn't da Shermeister sompen? I just love it when she's around. And I'll give ya a heads too, in September, Sher will be my Featured Author of the Month. So be sure and check out the web site in September... my guess is she'll have us all rolling in the aisles once more. I love her humor. She my mini-me! hahahaha...

JJ

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/13/05 07:10 AM

Now JJ, that does come with a huge check and a diamond sash, doesn't it?

Thanks guys. It's nice to see all of you. I was just telling someone earlier today that I am feeling overwhelmed and under medicated. I could use an estrogen smoothie, I think.

No..I'm not planning an expo myself, but am working with a company that is holding one in Vegas next March. It's going to be much easier not having to do everything myself.

I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying life. I think of you often.
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/13/05 04:39 PM

Hmm....estrogen smoothie sounds good to me too! Welcome back Sher.....we've missed you and your super sense of humor. Sounds like you've been very busy but we're happy you stopped by to check in.....HUGS!! [Wink] [Razz]

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/14/05 01:51 AM

Sher, did you say Vegas? Chatty, where are you? I think Sher said she was going to drop in and expect to stay. Just kidding now. Couldn't help bu throw that in after your post about cousins showing up at 7:30 AM.

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/15/05 08:00 PM

Sher, did this come about from all your work at your convention last year?
chick
Posted by: DallasGal

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/20/05 01:55 AM

I really hope you all check out Sheri's sites - great work on both of them, Sheri!

I especially liked http://www.wiping-the-crazy-off-my-face.com/finding-me.html

not to be outdone by http://www.wiping-the-crazy-off-my-face.com/chalk.html

Sher, thanks for the laughs!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/20/05 02:09 AM

are you kidding me? Sher is one of the original boomers! She is so funny! Even her emails could/should be published.

Go Sher!

JJ

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/20/05 05:39 PM

Yes, her writing is so honest. I love it. I wish she had more time to hang out with us.
Posted by: Danita

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/20/05 06:31 PM

This is JUST LIKE Sher -- to step in -- say hello - drop a few quipps -- and off she goes...leaving us missing her! sniffles!

Sher is like Tiger on Whinnie the Poo. She's bouncing, bouncing, bouncing, somewhere!

Love ya girl!

d.

p.s. do you taste burnt panties?

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/20/05 06:32 PM

Oh, and don't miss her website (where I (ahem) am the featured "Work at home mom" for the month)

http://www.momandhermoney.com

danita
Posted by: Dianne

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/20/05 08:26 PM

I don't know, Sher. Do you want to be punished or do you just want us to spank you?

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/21/05 01:34 AM

Dianne,

"oh, beeeehave!"

d.

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/21/05 06:16 PM

I try. It comes in flashes. The evil part of my brain kicks in.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: I need to be punished. - 07/22/05 04:38 AM

But when you're here Speakermom you keep things interesting, Sher too. [Wink] [Razz]

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/01/05 02:12 AM

Hey girls!

Thanks for all the nice words...and the offer to be spanked.

All the work I'm doing is largely due to the expo, yes. Eveerything sort of snowballed after that and I have more work than I can keep up with most of the time. Not complaining though. I love what I do and since I get to do it from home, I'm very fortunate.

So, have any of you hit the big time since I've been away? Any books or TV movies of the week??? Anyone get their photos plastered across the front page of the Enquirer? Anyone drive drunk and cry to Oprah about it?

Anyone? Anyone?

PS: Yes, Danita Lou. I always taste burnt panties.

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/01/05 05:02 PM

There she was...gone.
Sher, do you know that Chatty is doing a business at home (her own idea) for Real Estate agents. Chatty it might be a good idea to add it to Sher's site, if you haven't already. Danita, congrats on being "work at home mom" for the month.
chick

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/01/05 06:43 PM

What's your business, Chatty?
Posted by: TVC15

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/01/05 09:25 PM

Sher,
I just read Burnt Panties LOL LOL LOL
You are too funny. I've missed your sense of humor around here!
Being a northerner living in the south I have first-hand knowledge of what it feels like to be misunderstood, the blank stares, the questions that don't pertain to the topic at hand, I can't even order a pizza correctly!
When asked what I'd like on my pizza, if I reply "oh just plain", I am always asked, Well, wouldn't you like cheese on it?
Posted by: smilinize

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/02/05 04:58 AM

People back east ask for a soda. Up north they ask for a coke. Around here we ask for a coke and when asked what kind we say Dr. Pepper.

Doncha' just love America. It's the land of the weird.

smile

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/02/05 05:32 AM

You guys, honestly the words "pop", "soda" and "soda pop" have always been a toughie for me. It totally depends on who I am around what kinds of looks I get. And Smile, I remember growing up we called everything Coke as well.

Crazy, huh?

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/03/05 03:32 AM

How about Tonic? When I lived in Mass. we called soda tonic. I'll never forget going on a plane ride, asking the "flight attendant" (stewardess then) for a tonic. She gave me TONIC WATER. what was she thinking?

d.
Posted by: Sadie

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/03/05 05:53 AM

Danita,
My husband is from W.VA and they call soda "Pop" also. When we were at his friends house one time when we went to visit his family his friend she asked me what I wanted to drink I told her soda an she said oh you need some baking soda.

[ August 03, 2005, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/03/05 10:00 AM

In NYC it was soda. In Chicago, it was called pop. Calis call it soda pop.

For me, the point has become moot as I hate anything carbonated.

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/04/05 03:17 AM

Sherri, I read your burnt panties article. You're a nut. Your writing always makes me laugh.
Posted by: Terri

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/04/05 03:32 AM

Isn't she a hoot? I browsed a lot on her blog and was amazed at her humorous talent......Somebody give Jay Leno a call and sign this girl up! God, she's SO funny....she missed her calling as a stand-up comedienne.
But I also was impressed with her serious side. The article she wrote on the passing of her grandmother really touched me.....very poignant.
Posted by: Sherri

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/07/05 05:55 AM

I feel guilty about not showing up too ofter any more either. I'm busy with mystery shopping and am getting so busy that companies are contacting ME to shop for them too! It's fun, hard work, demanding, makes you concentrate, and takes away all your free time, but it helps with the finances, it isn't stressful and I love buying things with other people's money!

Editing has started on my book Bitter Water, check out my website for a look at the official book cover. I love it.
Posted by: Terri

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/08/05 01:27 AM

Sherri....checked out your book cover. VERY nice! Love the colors and it has a nice, tranquil, look to it. Wishing you all the best with it.

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/08/05 01:59 AM

Sherri, the cover is beautiful. Is this a perticular pic of yours and where was it taken. What pretty colours of blue...
chick

[ August 07, 2005, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/08/05 02:24 AM

It's actually a picture that my cover designer found. I had a picture my husband had taken while we were in Cancun but the resolution wasn't high enough. She sent me 6 to choose from, I added some stuff, changed around some fonts and that's what we came up with.

Thanks everyone, I love it too. It says to me that there is peace and hope even if things have looked dark and gloomy for a long time.

Sherri

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/08/05 07:11 AM

Thanks Dotsie and Terri. Y'all are so sweet.

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/08/05 05:44 PM

It's absolutely beautiful! You should be so very proud. We're proud of ya!

Hey, how do you become a mystery shopper? Do they have mystery shoe shoppers? I'm already a professional at that so I'd be a natural!
Posted by: unique

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/08/05 08:18 PM

Hey Dianne,
I was a mystery shopper in Florida for a little while. One of my 'mystery shops' was in a shoe store. I answered a want ad in the classifieds. It's possible to get a shoe gig...check it out!

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/09/05 12:09 AM

Exactly what does a mystery shopper do? I knew about mystery restaurant shoppers.
Posted by: Thistle Cove Farm

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/09/05 08:36 AM

Oh stop feeling rotten! The Boomer Sibs place is *the* place to go when you're feeling rotten...we're all in the same boat just drifting at different rates. The Boomer site is almost like home, it's where you go when no one else will take you in!

Welcome home, Sher...you've been missed.

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/10/05 01:15 AM

Mystery shopping is when you go to a place of business and then evaluate their store, customer service, or whatever the corporate office wants to know about it. I have a rare day off today but still have paperwork to finish up from yesterday.

I love it, can pick my own schedule, take a day off when I want to, vacation when I want to. I'm free to accept or reject shops that come my way. It does take a while to get a return on your money as most shops don't pay till the following month. I started the first of June and started getting paid around the middle of July. Now I can't wait to get the mail to see if I get a check, check my e-mail to see if something has been direct deposited or put into my paypal account. I have one company that I get a check from every Monday.

My way of making some extra cash, and when my book comes out, I will use the opportunities in other cities to visit book stores and do some promoting.

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/11/05 07:58 AM

My daughter was thinking of a second job and I thought this would be great for her so I looked in the classifieds and couldn't find anything. Would you mind giving me info on the company or companies that you work with? You can PM me if you want. Plus, what are they looking for in their shoppers? That might help her see if she would be right for the job. Thanks!

Oh, I just remembered something! My sister used to be a mystery flyer. She evaluated airlines. Free travel but she had to pay for her hotel room if she decided to stay overnight. Not something I'd be interested in since I travel all the time and am sick of it.

[ August 10, 2005, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Dianne ]

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/10/05 10:35 PM

Hey y'all,

It so happens I have a list of mystery shopping companies that hire shoppers on one of my sites.

You can check them out here:
http://momandhermoney.com/mystery-shopper.html

Hope that helps.

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/17/05 06:15 AM

Wow Sher, thanks. I put in my zip code and there are stores all around me looking for mystery shoppers.
chick

Re: I need to be punished. - 08/17/05 06:34 AM

Good deal!