Hey Ruth...

Posted by: jabber

Hey Ruth... - 01/15/15 11:21 PM

yonuh, Just want you to know I think about you everyday and that you're in my heart and prayers almost constantly. I miss it when you don't post, either on here or facebook. I'm sorry you've had to endure so much, lately. Prayers and blessings, dear heart! wink
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Hey Ruth... - 02/23/15 05:23 PM

Here's an update on Ruth Rainwater, that I just found on Facebook, posted by Jenna Stone:
Quote:
It sadly occurred to me this morning that you dear friends of Ruth may not have an update. I went to visit her yesterday to give her a kiss on the cheek, tell her I love her, and well say my good bye.
Ruth is now in Hospice care. Her pain is being managed by hospice nurses and her loving side kick Steve. She is not conscious but some how I feel she knew I was there.
She's been a dear friend of mine for over 20 years and I'm going to miss her like crazy. I thought you all should know so you can make your piece.
Posted by: Di

Re: Hey Ruth... - 02/23/15 05:55 PM

Oh No.....I'm so sad about this. I sent her a card not long ago (glad I did). Whenever I get to Tucson my time is so full of family time I can't get to see her.

I'll miss Ruth. But miracles do happen!
Posted by: jabber

Re: Hey Ruth... - 02/23/15 11:04 PM

This makes me sad. Ruth is such a smart lady; she's so well read.
I couldn't mention a subject that she wasn't well-versed in.
My heart is heavy.

P.S. I just went over to facebook and read that Ruth is in the Arms' of the Lord. I'll miss you Ruth. Love you lady!
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Hey Ruth... - 02/23/15 11:09 PM

And our dear Ruth lost her battle with cancer around 2:30 this morning. Here's a message Trevor Rain-Water, her son, sent to Saundra, in order to keep us all up to date:

Quote:
This is a crappy way to do this, but I don't really feel like talking to anyone right now...

My mom died early this morning. She is at peace, and no longer in pain. We appreciate all the support from all of her friends, and our family.

If you would like to honor her memory, please make a donation to your local humane society.

She leaves behind her sons and, of course, her rock: Steve.
Posted by: Di

Re: Hey Ruth... - 02/24/15 04:59 AM

frown frown frown

I'm so thankful I was able to meet with her twice and hug her. RIP Ruth.....I know how you battled this to the end.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Hey Ruth... - 02/25/15 03:15 AM

frown She was a kind person on this forum. Certainly forward in thinking for others.

I had left a comment on her blog last month and wondered what the situation was.