ME TOO !!

Posted by: lionspaaw

ME TOO !! - 03/02/03 03:10 PM

As I read through the forum I realize just how much we really are alike.

We come from different backgrounds -- different parts of the country -- but it's interesting to me just how many times I want to say -- ME TOO or I have a sister who lives there or I know exactly how you feel.

We don't know each others faces -- we don't know each others race -- we don't care what your dress size is -- we haven't asked about our sexual preferences -- know one cares if you're Christian or Buddhist -- we just feel like we've known each other for years [Smile]

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the "real world" could be as free as cyber space ?????
Posted by: countrygirl51

Re: ME TOO !! - 03/03/03 02:36 AM

I have another group that is similar to this. Its called Granny's Back Porch, and it is a group of grandmothers who chat online in a forum like this. We share recipes, our hopes and dreams, cry on each other's shoulders when things go wrong, brag about our children and grandchildren, complain about our spouses or brag about them, depending on the situation. We share pictures of our kids and grandkids, and some of the grannies have even met in person a couple of times and had a really great time.
I have made some lasting friendships online. I have also met some real losers online. Thankfully, the friends are much more numerous.
I have talked to people from all over the world. The internet is truly an amazing invention.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: ME TOO !! - 03/08/03 01:44 PM

Me Too!

that is why I am writing a book. We all have so much in common, it's wild!

The stories are rolling in and the thing that is most amazing to me is that I can relate to almost all of them in some way. Even though I haven't lived the same experiences, there a certain bells that go off when I read about other women from my generation! It is KEWL! [Roll Eyes]