When a Girlfriend dies

Posted by: Mountain Ash

When a Girlfriend dies - 05/27/11 10:07 AM

Girlfriends
On Tuesday night my next door friend the same age as I am died.
After an uncomfortable Monday night in pain the doctor was sent for in the morning..she was admitted to hospital at lunch time..got steadily more ill...by midnight she died.

she had niggling pain...but collected the Christian aid donations cheerfuly last week for our area..no small task.was in her garden on Sunday.

she was the most cheeful person I have ever known..a good wife...a good Mother a good friend..

my reaction ..to dedicate myself to life...use each day..love deeply and tell my friends how precious they are.
In this small place neighbours are nearly kin...we mirrored each other..one husband two children..shared cats plants and stories...
for 29 years I had a nearly sister.It was as if this family was chosen to move when my old lady relocated..
and now I must honour Margaret by telling you .
May she rest in peace and rise in glory
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: When a Girlfriend dies - 05/27/11 11:19 AM

Mountain Ash, I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your dear friend. What a hole that leaves in your life and heart! But you honour her by sharing her here, and by living your life with such kindness and generosity of heart. Sending you comfort and condolences my friend.
Posted by: Ellemm

Re: When a Girlfriend dies - 05/27/11 03:34 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's passing -- and a next-door neighbor, no less. Sending you comfort.
Posted by: jabber

Re: When a Girlfriend dies - 05/27/11 06:07 PM

Sending condolences. I understand your pain. Prayers and blessings,
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: When a Girlfriend dies - 05/27/11 06:43 PM

Mountain Ash,

I am so saddened to hear of your loss. Margaret sounds like she was a wonderful friend. I love how you are honoring her memory. Take care of yourself, too!

How is your garden doing?
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: When a Girlfriend dies - 05/27/11 08:13 PM

You know ladies
I have had five Margarets as close friends.One aunt known as Greta a Gt Grandmother Margaret..and can name several more...seems all named after a previous generation when it was popular...My husbands sister also a Margaret..
maybe a local trait..
Posted by: yonuh

Re: When a Girlfriend dies - 05/27/11 08:49 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, MA. It hurts to lose a dear friend, but it sounds as if you are honoring her in a good way.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: When a Girlfriend dies - 05/27/11 11:11 PM

So very sorry for your loss M.A. Now you have a special angel in heaven watching over you.
Posted by: orchid

Re: When a Girlfriend dies - 05/28/11 12:34 AM

I'm sorry you have a lost a great friend, Mountain Ash. They are precious folks that mark our lives.