Global Relay of Bike Doll

Posted by: orchid

Global Relay of Bike Doll - 05/08/11 02:17 PM

I'm part of a global cycling of relay of a bike doll with other women cyclists worldwide. Doll has travelled so far over 100,000 kms. since Jan. 2010 --through Australia, NZ, Singapore, Chile, eastern U.S., etc.

Here's a brief story with pics :), of my part in relay to show her what we have in town here.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Global Relay of Bike Doll - 05/08/11 11:51 PM

What fun, Orchid! I am delighted that you showed Maidei such a nice slice of life. Hope she enjoyed her cream puff, as I would certainly have eaten it for her, had I been along for the ride!

Re: Global Relay of Bike Doll - 05/10/11 01:57 AM

You know, this sort of thing makes a person consider: now what makes my local area unique to outsiders/visitors?

Some of the women have cycled for several hrs. to meet up with the next woman to handover the doll.

One also does personally communicate/meet another woman cyclist through the forum via this informal "event". She hasn't been to Europe -yet.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Global Relay of Bike Doll - 05/10/11 02:01 AM

My goodness this all makes my little group of Pedal Pushers seem so insinifigant. I did ask them to check out the link however.

Re: Global Relay of Bike Doll - 05/16/11 01:27 AM

Hope they enjoyed the story..the doll has done some serious travelling. And more lies ahead of her.

I'm going to schlepp her off to Vancouver next month and hopefully hand off her to an other local cyclists who's cycling and taking the ferry over to one of the Canadian Gulf Islands off the coast of Vancouver Island, to continue cycling and camping. I'm not sure Maidei will end up somewhere in a kayak, but it would be neat if she did!
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Global Relay of Bike Doll - 05/17/11 03:23 AM

I'd love to hear she made it into a kayak. Or even a birch bark canoe... Keep us posted!