girlfriends

Posted by: 40something

girlfriends - 10/23/02 05:07 AM

I have had many of my girlfriends since grade school and high school. What a blessing they are to me! It feels like I'm "home" and I can take a breath from the day-to-day hectic pace of life when we get together! We all have known each other for so many years, we're like family! We celebrate each other's successes, and support each other's trials and tribulations. They're the greatest!!
Posted by: Dixiechick

Re: girlfriends - 11/20/02 06:22 AM

Girlfriends are great particularly when one is your oldest, dearest, and best friend. My best friend, Jeanne, has been my best friend since the summer before the sixth grade---42 years ago! We have been through life together. We've gone from living two doors away from each other, to a few miles away (same town), to being nearly 1000 miles apart, yet nothing interupts the conversation that began when we were children. We're always there for each other. I miss our daily get-togethers at her house or mine, but she's only a phone call away. There's nothing like a great friend---a spiritual sister---who knows you as well as anyone ever could. A best girlfriend is truly a gift from God.

[ November 19, 2002, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Dixiechick ]