HAPPY NEW YEAR

Posted by: chatty lady

HAPPY NEW YEAR - 12/28/09 01:25 AM

I still can't imagine where this year has gone to. The time once over 50 years of age just seems to fly by. Or maybe it's that over 50 we are more sensitive to time passing, going down hill so to speak. I decided long ago that I would enjoy each and every year to it's fullest, paying no time to my age in years. I feel good, have plesant of get up and go and thats all that matters. So enjoy the coming new year and all it has to offer. I am!!!
Posted by: jabber

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR - 12/28/09 02:28 PM

And I say HAPPY NEW YEAR too, to 1 and all. May God bless you
and yours beyond comprehension. Time flies! That's for sure!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR - 12/28/09 04:39 PM

May gladness attend and fill your hearts, and every shade of care depart in the new year!
Posted by: jabber

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR - 12/29/09 01:43 PM

Mustang,
I love that line [every shade of care depart]; what a great
phrase!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR - 12/29/09 06:21 PM

Anyone doing anything exciting to bring in the new year?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR - 12/29/09 07:04 PM

It will be cold, yet I'll be riding! Don't forget your Hopping John for your New Years meal!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR - 12/30/09 12:40 AM

I plan on staying home and watching all the craziness in New Yorks Times Square and on the strip in Las Vegas on my TV set. A person would have to be nuts to walk into that crowd, sardines every one! Making a Mexican treat to eat and something sweet for dessert...
Posted by: Saundra

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR - 12/30/09 01:11 AM

Happy Blue Moon Full Moon New Year

May 2010 be as auspicious and extraordinary as the blue moon full moon we will experience this New Year's eve, Thursday, December 31, 2009.

A blue moon is the 2nd full moon in one month and usually occurs every 2.5 years. New Year's Eve blue moons occur every 19 years. The last time was in 1990; the next one will be in 2028. Don't expect the moon to be blue. It will still be white.

Happy New Year
Posted by: orchid

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR - 12/30/09 09:09 PM

Mind-boggling on some major things that happened this year in life.

Anyway our New Year's will be quiet this year at home. We usually make ourselves a nice dinner with wine...that is if we're not vacationing elsewhere.

Then in a few days we're off for 3 days in north-central Washington state. Maybe do 1 day of snowshoeing.

I wish everyone a happy new year. May some good things be in store for each of you.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR - 01/01/10 07:03 AM

Happy New Year to all! May 2010 bring you health, happiness, economic upturn.

We're staying home tonight watching videos. I won't go driving with all the drunks on the road.
Posted by: LTWayfaringWords

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR - 01/01/10 04:56 PM

Happy New Year! I'm so thankful that apparently there were no unexpected tragedies relating to last night's festivities. God bless those who provided security!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR - 01/01/10 05:28 PM

Excellent point about security, expecially in NYC where so many gathered.

We ended up going to my nephew's party. I just love being entertained by the younger generation. It's so fun to see them get excited about having family and friends to their home, getting to see their decorations, eat their good food, etc. Then we went to a friend's home who have a lit up ball in a tree on their front yard just like they do in Time's Square. They do a countdown at midnight. It's hokey and fun. Everyone goes out front with hats and party blowers, just like when we were kids.

Well, it's a new year. Who knows what's in store for all of us...
Posted by: P.J.

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR - 01/01/10 07:04 PM

We went to dinner and a play with my friend Beckie. It was The SantaLand Diairies. Here's a link where you can watch a clip. It was hilarious and there was a lot of audience participation. One of my fav local actors, Epsie Randolph, was the elf and he came over and pulled my friend Beckie into the act. Fun!

http://www.zachtheatre.org/stages/santaland_diaries.html