Edelweiss and the USA

Posted by: Dotsie

Edelweiss and the USA - 08/10/08 08:05 PM

Ladies, I want to share that Edelweiss is heading to the states tomorrow. It was a last minute decision to visit her brother. She's traveling with her hubby and granddaughter. I believe she'll be here for a month. Louisa and Lady Jane, please email me. I believe she will be near both of you during her trip and would like your phone numbers. Thanks.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/10/08 08:20 PM

Oh, how I wish I could get out east! Eldeweiss, enjoy your time here!
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/10/08 08:55 PM

Edelweiss, it's a quick hop to the west coast.... and you'd have a place to stay if you want to make the trip...!!!

Kathy
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/11/08 01:06 AM

Hey Dancing Dolphin, maybe we should hop on a plane to Boston, where her brother lives. I would love to see her in person.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/11/08 04:23 AM

Or she could hop over to Vegas and I could drive to meet you all there. I'll probably be in town on the 27th/28th, but not sure how much time I'll have. Will you be around Chatty, to do dinner or something?

K
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/11/08 05:12 AM

YIPPEEEEEE I'm soooo excited! I'll email you, DOtsie with all the info. At one point Edelweiss had asked me about a meeting when she came to MA. Who knows.....maybe it can work!

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/12/08 01:03 AM

Dancing Dolphin, sounds good, looking forward to it.
Posted by: gims

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/12/08 03:41 AM

Move over northbounders... I'm heading for Maine...
wish I could be saying that as fact. I would absolutely love to meet EW, in person. I hope you all do get to meet up and, if you do, have a good time!!!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/14/08 04:18 AM

It would be great if she'd come out to Wild West Cali grin but I do understand time and money constraints. And if she stayed with Kathy, I'd just invite myself over. cool

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/14/08 01:23 PM

Ya know, I live right smack dab in the middle of the country! We could all meet at my place.
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/17/08 01:17 AM

I just saw this. I haven't been able to get back on and gave up trying for a while. I finally found one password that worked. Egads, she's been here a week already. Dotsie, I will email you my phone number. If she's coming to see her brother, she'll be very close to me. He lives in the same city as my stepson and his family. About 20 minutes from me.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/17/08 08:51 PM

I hope and pray she's fine!!!

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/21/08 12:39 AM

I spoke to EW this morning!! Jane, we are planning on meeting on Sunday. I think they are going to come here to my condo for a while in the afternoon. I thought I would have my daughter bring Katie so she could meet anaya. How far away are you from me? I'm 15 minutes from Boston, about 45 from Kittery. I'm not sure where you are. Maybe we could meet somewhere else in the middle? Email me privately. I will email you my address in a pm.

Ladies, EW called me this morning. It was too funny. I just bought the iPhone and because it's a new toy, I had it on my desk at work. It was in sleep mode. Suddenly, it rang and I picked it up. I'm still not sure how you answer a call. Apparently, I had answered the phone and didn't know it. I held it in my hand and saw the strange number and said out loud, "who the he__ is that?" I held the phone in my hand staring at it. Then I realized the number was from where her brother lives and I thought I hung up on her. Finally, I realized someone was on the line and said hello.

She said she heard what I said. We laughed at that. It was so nice to hear her voice. We are planning a meeting on Sunday. It would be fabulous if we could meet with LJ too! I will keep you posted.
Posted by: dancer9

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/21/08 12:49 AM

That's so great, Louisa!! I can just see you with your new i-phone too, lol! I love new electronics too.
I think it's great that you two will meet and I'll bet you get along so well! Please report!
How do you like that i-phone? I have resisted it so far, but may jump off and get a blackberry.
Dancer

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/21/08 12:53 AM

Louisa, I'm laughing out loud at your experience with your IPhone, and of all people to be on the other end. That's AWESOME! I'm so glad she checked her email while in the states. I was concerned that we were late in getting the information to her.

Please take photos. And keep us posted about whether LJ will be meeting you too. Even the grands will meet. How fun is that? Their first virtual friend meeting at such a young age. What a hoot. That's scary!

I'm tickled to get this news.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/21/08 01:46 AM

Oh great!! Yes, please take photos and tell her to fly out to Vegas and meet Chatty and I next Thursday, k? I know I'm dreaming, but we can ask, right???

K

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/21/08 01:53 AM

Not only that, but she tried to call the house and couldn't get through. [censored] may have been on the phone and not heard the call waiting, not that he uses it. But, he did say he got a couple of strange calls yesterday. It didn't even register with me. Maybe she called then. He said they asked for someone he didn't know and when he said there was no one here by that name, they hung up. I told him if someone named Edelweiss calls for Louisa, not to hang up. Not sure he would have remembered that. He probably thought I was joking. LOL

I'm going to call her tomorrow after work and get it set up. If we meet here, I will have my daughter bring Katie so the kids can meet too. Oh, I'll take pictures. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get them on here. If I can still do them in the email, I'll do that.

dancer, I love my iPhone so far. It's the greatest thing. I have my email on it. It's an ipod too. The technology is incredible. I love the screen and the keyboard. Taking pictures and transferring pictures and looking at them is fun. I've been wanting this phone for a long time. This new one is amazing. You barely touch the thing and it calls the number. I was waiting for my contract to end in case I decided to switch carriers, but then I decided I had to get it. All the young girls at work are so jealous smile They want one. I think I'm the first one in the building to get one so I've been showing everyone.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/21/08 04:02 AM

Hey! EW called while I was sleeping today (working nights, ya know). I felt so bad that I missed her call but loved her voicemail greeting! Ladies, my heart is so heavy because I can't imagine how I'd ever travel down that far to meet you. I have one and a half weeks left of working nights and then I'm on days. Louisa, I'm at least an hour or more above Kittery so it really is quite a distance to travel. It takes us 3 hours to get to Boston. Hmmm....don't know what to suggest! Makes me sad frown

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/21/08 04:38 AM

Oh, I so hope you three can figure it out!!!
I'm sending LJ and Louisa a bunch of thinking energy. This is a chance that might not be repeated.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/21/08 05:12 AM

I know! I know! I'll be seriously bummed if it can't be figured out but the reality is that I just can't make that kind of trip on short notice with my work schedule. Wish we were all a little closer in area than we are.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/21/08 10:57 AM

Oh dear. You know I have no sense of direction unless it comes to malls. I thought you were close to Kittery so I thought you could hop on Rte. 1 and be somewhere close to us in a half hour or so. I forgot you are close to North Conway. If you're three hours from Boston and working nights, I can understand how you couldn't just pick up and go. Maybe the next time I'm up north, you and I could arrange to meet.

gims, this doesn't look possible. I forgot LJ works nights and thought she lived closer to me. EW's brother lives 15-20 minutes from me and I work days, so it is easy for me. I am having a lot of company on Saturday night, plus my writiing group in the morning. This is why I thought Sunday would be best. If that doesn't work out, we'll meet somewhere in between after I get out of work some night next week. But, with her that close, we have to make this happen. I'm looking forwd to meeting her so much. You'll be with us in spirit LJ.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/21/08 10:57 AM

I'll take lots of pictures.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/22/08 10:45 PM

We're meeting Sunday. They are coming here. I can't wait! This is so exciting. Supposed to be great weather Sunday. Hopefully, my daughter can stop by with Katie so the kids can meet too. It's like the ya-ya sisterhood and the very petite ya-ya's smile The petite boomers. smile Lots of photos on Sunday!

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/23/08 12:05 AM

I'm grinning from ear to ear. This sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to hear about it. I can just picture you all sitting on your porch with all your flowers, drinks in your hands, and chatting a mile a minute.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/23/08 11:53 AM

Yes, can't wait to see pics! And yeah I'm so sad I can't be there...working both tonight and Sunday night..BUT....those are my LAST two nights!! Come Tuesday I'm a normal day person!! Yayyy!!! Now maybe things will seem a little like regular life. I'm sooooo exhausted. Hey girls, if you can, give me a call in late afternoon if you're still together! Louisa, I PM'd you!

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/23/08 01:11 PM

I was just thrilled to have received a phone call from EW!! Though I can't be with she and Louisa tomorrow, at least I had a chance to have a fun conversation!! Thanks, EW!!! Bring on the pictures!

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/23/08 04:52 PM

First I have to be able to get the pictures on here. If I can't get them on, maybe I can send an album to someone who it works for and they can post a couple.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/23/08 05:44 PM

Louisa, will you please give her a big hug from me?

Have a wonderful time. I have met two boomers here, and both visits were absolutely wonderful. I felt as if I had known both of them a long, long time.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/23/08 07:06 PM

This is simply splended to think of meeting Edelweiss all the way from Germany. I wish I could be there too Louisa to give you both a huge hug!!!

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/24/08 03:30 AM

I will fill you all in on our visit. Looking forward to it. My camera is all set and ready to go.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/24/08 03:35 PM

Wuhoo! Two more boomers are connected. I can't wait to see the photos and hear all of the details. Hurry up gals!

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/24/08 08:19 PM

Just had a wonderful visit. It was so exciting to meet them! Poor EW. When someone rings our doorbell, the phone rings. She called to tell me they were leaving her brother's house. I thought she was at the front door so I told her I would be right out and hung up on her. When I got to the door and she wasn't there, I knew I had hung up. Gina couldn't believe I did that. I was so excited when I thought she was finally here, I just ran right out. She called me back on my cell and said, "Louisa, don't hang up on me." It's not easy being me. I'm going to work on those photos now. Be back with pictures. (I hope)
Posted by: orchid

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/25/08 01:20 AM

Looking forward to the photos, Louisa. What a lucky chance for both of you to meet.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/25/08 02:00 AM

Well Orchid, I was only able to get one on here. It's in photo gallery. I'm still trying to get them on.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/25/08 04:11 AM

So happy that you had a great time!!!! Did you feel my presence? Yes, can't wait to see photos....one way or another.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/25/08 04:16 AM

Louisa, did you send her away happy?
Can't wait to hear from her, too.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/25/08 11:01 AM

I think so. I can't wait to see the photos she took as well. I sent you the pics. Hope you can do something with them. Thanks. Anaiya got angry at my husband just before they left because she was opening a bottle of bubbles. (We had bubbles there and we were letting her play with them. Her grandfather was helping her.) [censored] saw her open one of the bottles and was afraid she might try to drink it so he said something to her. You should have seen the look she gave him. Then he felt so bad and kept trying to make friends againa and she'd have nothing to do with him. But, just as they were going out the door, she threw him a kiss and smiled. I'm glad she left smiling. She's a happy child and so sweet.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/25/08 03:02 PM

Posted by: Cookie

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/25/08 03:13 PM

Oh my goodness, how sweet is that!! What adorable little girls....and the boomer gals are pretty cute too!! smile

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/25/08 04:11 PM

LOVE IT!!! Thanks so much for sharing - you guys look like long-time friends... I guess you are, huh?

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/25/08 04:25 PM

They look like sisters if you ask me. Then again, we are!
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/25/08 06:45 PM

Imagine having a visit from a Boomer friend...such a blessing.

Mountain ash

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/25/08 06:58 PM

Awww, absolutely gorgeous....both babies AND boomers!

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/25/08 09:04 PM

THANK YOU, GIMS!! Ladies, it was gims who finally got these pictures on here. Don't the kids look like they've known each other for a long time too? They'll be emailing each other before we know it.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/25/08 09:07 PM

Not a problem, Louisa.
Did you see JJ's instructions for posting images in forums other than the Photo Gallery?

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/25/08 09:18 PM

No. where are they? I give up on that photo gallery thing.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/25/08 09:23 PM

Here you go...

Link to Post telling you how to post an image

The Photo Gallery is still not working for me. I'm not submitting my posts... I compose them, then preview, but no image appears. My first image attempts worked. Don't know what happened, since.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/25/08 10:10 PM

Well, at least I'm not alone. Thanks.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/26/08 12:00 AM

Ya'll are so cute! Thrilled you gals were able to visit w/ each other!
Posted by: orchid

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/26/08 02:48 AM

Glad you 2 ladies, "sistas" met. So good that the timing was right!
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/26/08 02:49 AM

They look like sisters! It's amazing how much alike they look. Maybe they should each take a DNA test. Maybe they were separated at birth, and this is the universe bringing them together, via BWS. What cute pictures of children! I want to meet another boomer sister!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/26/08 03:25 AM

Louisa, thanks for sharing. Great Pics and yes they look somewhat alike. The kids look like they are having fun together also.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/26/08 05:51 AM

Great pics, Louisa! Thanks so much for sharing. Wish coulda been there. smile

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/26/08 10:58 AM

Thank you all. I hadn't even thought about us looking alike. Maybe it's the blonde hair. But, I was amazed at how much we have in common: the writing, the painting, the forums, love of the mountains and the ocean, coming from the same area.
Posted by: diamond50

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/28/08 09:15 AM

I'm so glad you got together finally. Great pictures!

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/28/08 10:56 AM

There will be more when EW gets home and can post hers. She took movies too. I have a group shot with the husbands but don't want to post it until EW says it's ok. He didn't want to be "on the Internet."
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/28/08 03:22 PM

Terrific pictures Louisa. The babies are sooo cute. They looked like they enjoyed each other.

Great pics of you and EW. You can tell you both had a good time together. So happy for you. Isn't it wonderful to have so many boomer sisters to share our lives with?

So glad you both were able to hook up. Thanks for sharing with us.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/28/08 03:43 PM

When is she going home?

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/28/08 07:04 PM

Unbelievable how close you all look together, as if the friendship had always been. Two beautiful grandmothers and two gorgeous granddaughters. I can see Mr. Edelweiss peeking in the background.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 08/29/08 12:13 AM

Gims, she is going home Sept. 3rd. Sandpiper, the kids did have fun together. Chatty, it felt that way. Oh, oh. No one was supposed to see Mr. EW. I do have some great shots of all of us, but I'm reluctant to put them on here as he didn't want to be on the Internet. But, when EW comes back, if she does it, I can do it too. smile
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 09/02/08 10:06 PM

Okay, just got here. So great to see real pics of boomer sisters soooo happy to be together at last. I love to see and hear about these times.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 09/02/08 10:39 PM

I'm sure there will be more, Saundra. She leaves for home tomorrow and she took a lot of pictures too.
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 09/09/08 06:48 PM

Hi everybody! Is it ever good to be back!
One of the highlights of our trip was visiting Louisa and her husband.

See that table on the left of the picture? That is a great bar...with loads of yummy Hors d'Ĺ“uvres and drinks. Their lovely apartment is in a dream location; right on a beautiful harbour, with a view over to the Boston sky line.

We felt like we knew each other for ages. Everything was so relaxed. Our husbands hit it off too, talking about baseball.

Thank you Louisa for a lovely time, and I hope I can do the same for you someday! By the way, on the way home we chose the beach drive. Wow, it was just beautiful. Louisa lives so close to beautiful sandy beaches as well. I would be out there every day.

Louisa looks like she's singing, doesn't she? So dear...was that really just coke you were drinking? hee hee

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 09/09/08 08:58 PM

What a GREAT looking bunch of people. Gorgeous women, handsome men and beautiful children. It doesn't get much better than that.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 09/09/08 09:59 PM

Great picture! I can tell how much fun everyone is having laugh

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 09/09/08 11:01 PM

I am so glad you are able to post once again.
Great picture. Thanks for sharing, my dear friend.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 09/09/08 11:06 PM

We had such a great time, didn't we? I wasn't singing though. I just had my mouth open as usual. smile I think I was trying to get Katie to smile.

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 09/09/08 11:13 PM

I love this...East meets West! You two broads are beautiful, but those babes steal the show!

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 09/10/08 09:58 PM

OMG eek ... EW... this is sooooo spooky. YOU look just LIKE my older sister in this picture!!!!! I'm not exaggerating. In other pictures, which you've included in Christmas cards and posted on the forums, I've noticed a resemblance, but in this photo, you look JUST EXACTLY like her.... in fact, had I seen this picture not knowing what and who was in it, I'd ask why is she sitting between two other men - would I call her DH? probably.
I'm going to go through my albums and see if I can find something for you to compare it to.
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 09/11/08 08:27 PM

This is too funny...There is someone else on this planet who's mouth is as big as mine?!! God bless her. Can she put her fist in it?
I can..., and heaven knows I've put my foot in it ( way too many times!)
Haha.. now wouldn't that make an interesting picture?

Re: Edelweiss and the USA - 09/11/08 08:44 PM

I don't believe I've ever seen her put her fist in her mouth, but I bet she could. She was one of the few of us girls (5 sisters, plus me) that have piano hands...long fingers, which makes a bigger fist.
She's a beautiful person, inside and out... she is the only sister older than me. And, she's the one, as I've mentioned before, who has had close to ten open heart surgeries - her first when she was 19 yrs old.
Who of us doesn't put our 'foot in mouth?' Not that I want to compare the notches on our belts, but I think I'd be close to winning.