Talked with Dee !

Posted by: ladyjane

Talked with Dee ! - 02/08/08 03:58 PM

Dee and I just had a great chat on the phone. It's so nice to put a voice with a name here. And I just have to say that it felt like we had been old buddies forever (well, not old, OLD, but, you know...long time)! We mentioned how we share so much on the forum....sometimes more than you would to a friend in person....makes us close really quickly. Thanks, Dee, you're a doll...we'll talk again!
Posted by: Dee

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/08/08 04:19 PM

Hey back atja Jane...wow...that was fun. Really fun. I'm enjoying getting to know you offline...and knowing that I have a new friend I can now call when I need to, too. And vice versa. Jane and I realized we have a lot in common with our families and beliefs and it's always nice to have a friend who you can talk to about the same thing and they understand.
Jane, you're a sweetheart and I look forward to talking to you again, soon.
HUGS ALL AROUND!!!!
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/08/08 04:49 PM

Aw ladyjane and Dee...stuff like this makes ya all warm inside. Yeah! Hugs all around!

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/08/08 04:51 PM

Hannelore...wish I could call you...darn pond!!!

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/08/08 05:57 PM

I don't care about the da*n pond....I will talk with my friend in Germany one day soon!!!
Posted by: Lola

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/08/08 07:48 PM

You can use YM or MSN instead of phoning Europe. It's a free service and you can chat online for as long as forever even. It's what my sisters, friends and I do.

BTW, talking about BWS friends, Poppie and I went to Westminster Cathedral on Ash Wednesday. Coffee thereafters. It's grand, really grand to be able to go to church with a friend I have made here.

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/08/08 10:48 PM

That's so cool, Lola...to be able to be with Poppie in London...gosh, I'm so jealous.

I'm not sure what YM or MSN is...can you explain?

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/08/08 11:36 PM

Oh Dee....it's Yahoo Messenger or MSN messenger....there's lots of them and you can chat in real time....fun! Lot's of fun....but still not like hearing a voice....although you can do voice chat with them if you have a mic and headset!

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/09/08 01:13 AM

And with a webcam, you'd also have a video link to the person you're chatting to alongside a conference facility which allows you to invite as many people as you want for a chatter!

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/09/08 02:46 AM

I don't have a mic nor a headset but I do have yahoo...duh...I just had never see it YM.

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/09/08 09:31 AM

Dee, on the main page of Yahoo, at the box where you sign in, you'd find "Messenger" next to "Mail". You can still use it even without a headset as the keyboard can be used to type-chat.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/09/08 05:30 PM

dee its an exilent way to keep in touch i do it regulare with po. Sometimes lucien and her have a video link up hes more intrested in seeing who hes talking to than just hearing them. We chatted onces a week on a saterday video link up before christmass but sinces christmass holidays theirs been none done.

i had a chat with lola last night, intresting woman its fun and it ends in wee small hours lol.

so theirs choices dee typing real time, chatting with a mic their relativlie inexpensive and something that could be saved for, then theirs the video link up via web cam seeeee no reason not too now. Even if at first its weired and mindblowing at same time, the systems not to hard to master.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/09/08 05:31 PM

ue brave lol and good infulences taking po to church lola she needs a bit of spiritual gidances from time to time. lol
Posted by: NYWoman

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/09/08 05:36 PM

Just curious. How do you exchange phone numbers?
Posted by: QBall101

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/09/08 11:31 PM

through private message.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/10/08 02:27 PM

LJ,
We're having another winter storm. Don't know if it's coming your way, but it 'tis a beauty!!! Good luck up in the State of Maine. Love Bar Harbor!
Posted by: Anno

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/10/08 04:23 PM

How wonderful to have Jane and Dee meet "in person." I remember Jane being soooooo happy for Poppie and I to have met.

Celtic, I am loving your new photo. I love the wild side in you!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/10/08 08:17 PM

This is so cool. And I can't beleive Poppie and Lola met! How did I miss that? Do you live near one another?

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 02/11/08 10:46 AM

Thanks for the warning, Jabber! It came....and went. We are soooooo buried. I haven't seen a winter like this in years. I wish I could hibernate! Let me know what the next one is looking like! And as for speaking with Dee, it was as if we'd talked a million times and were friends from way back. I said it earlier, we've shared more here at times than we have with friends in our own area. The closeness is evident when being able to talk on the phone. I so want to talk to more of you!

Re: Talked with Dee ! - 04/28/08 05:03 PM

All I can say is....I MISS DEE! Dee, if you're ever here please know that you're sorely missed! I know that quilts have taken over your life but I'm ready for anew pic of you and Larry...lol!!!