Boomer bookswap-senseless money-spending gets good

Posted by: orchid

Boomer bookswap-senseless money-spending gets good - 02/13/07 04:38 AM

Hey,since many of us have succumbed to book-buying as 1 of our senseless money-spending obsessions http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com/forums/s...ge=0#Post111403 ,

we ought to kick up a BWS forum BOOK SWAP!!!

Really! I would love to share some of my travelogue books with folks. Oh yeh, that autobiography on the actor, Sidney Portier (remember movie "Heat of the Night" and "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner") I read several years before Oprah laid her Midas touch book club endorsement. Now it's on bestseller list...

Whaddya think??? I wish Dotsie could get us a cheap mailing discount for BWS book swap.

But I PROMISE, if I meet any of you in person, I will give you a loved book for...free... no, no you don't have to give me yours...honest, please. No room.
Posted by: gims

Re: Boomer bookswap-senseless money-spending gets good - 02/13/07 05:26 AM

I already belong to a swap club... one of my most frequented sites on the internet. In the swap club owners' estimations, I have saved over $598 since I became a member over a year ago.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Boomer bookswap-senseless money-spending gets good - 02/13/07 05:33 AM

You are still entitled to a free (used) book from me if we meet. I keep most of books in good shape. A few loved ones, look abit worn but brilliant in content/heart.
Posted by: gims

Re: Boomer bookswap-senseless money-spending gets good - 02/13/07 05:39 AM

Hey, if I ever do make it as far north as Canada, don't be surprised by knock on your door... and, as hard as it is for me to part with my books, I'll be sure and bring you one. Of course, it will probably be about TEXAS.