My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Posted by: 40something

My Big Fat Greek Wedding - 10/23/02 05:10 AM

I have never laughed so hard in my life!! It was great therapy seeing this movie! I could see it again!!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: My Big Fat Greek Wedding - 10/26/02 08:05 PM

Hi! I did see it twice and still laughed my head off the 2nd time.

I hear it's going to be a sitcom with most of the same cast. It should be great.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: My Big Fat Greek Wedding - 11/22/02 01:55 AM

I finally got to see this movie. I loved it!!! I couldn't help but think that the two families could be any families that are raised in two different environments. I laughed out loud thinking of the time my 17 year old son brought his girlfriend to her first family party with the grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. Everyone proceeded to take their place as a reporter and started interviewing the poor girl! She didn't know what was going on. We laughed and included her in all the jokes and carrying on. She didn't know what to make of us. We are a big Irish/Catholic family(not all still Catholic, but most!). We are one of the origianl loud families!

On the way out the door, my 16 year old nephew laughed saying, "Remind me to NEVER bring my girlfriend around this family!" My sisters and I roared at his comment. Of course he will...one day... bring his girlfriend around us and we will NEVER let him forget what he said. I'm sure one of us will have to remind him in front of that LUCKY girl! HA!!!
Posted by: Micki

Re: My Big Fat Greek Wedding - 11/22/02 04:22 AM

I saw this when it first came out and my favorite line is when the mother tells the daughter, "The man IS the head of the family, but the woman is the neck and she can make that head turn anyway she wants it to!!"

Anyway, my father and I took my 15 year old niece to see it and we all three laughed our butts off! A really good, feel-good, Cinderella and the prince movie!! Four snaps up! (From Selena, at 102.7 WQSR!!)
Posted by: Uvagolfmom

Re: My Big Fat Greek Wedding - 11/25/02 07:46 AM

This was definitely my speed. We were thinking afterwards it may not be as funny to kids later who do not grow up with all the ethnicity and accents with which I grew up (German, Swiss and Russian immigrants of Catholic and Jewish origin). I could really relate to so much of it, it really was hilarious in an uplifting sort of way.