A MUST SEE!

Posted by: chatty lady

A MUST SEE! - 10/05/08 10:31 PM

The Beverly Hills Chihuahua is soooo cute and funnnnny too...
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/08/08 07:39 PM

I thought it might be a hilarious movie. Haven't seen it. Didn't get to Nights in Rodanthe or Flash of Genius. I'm glad you liked the dog movie.

Spent a week in the hospital with emergency Hernia surgery. Was mega painful last Wednesday night and while in ER they knew I had to have surgery. It went without a hitch but I just got home today. So, am recouperating but wanted to see what was going on with BWS. Missed everyone.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/08/08 07:51 PM

Oh gosh Sandpiper...we had no idea. I'm so happy to hear that all went as planned. Good for you. Now take it easy and enjoy the time allowed you to heal!

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/08/08 09:23 PM

OMG, Sandpiper. I am so happy all went well with the surgery. Glad you are comfortable at home and able to pop in and say, hi!
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/08/08 10:55 PM

SP, a week is a mighty long time in a hospital. I hope you recover fully.
Posted by: chickadee

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/08/08 11:39 PM

Get Well Soon SandPiper.
Posted by: Mama Red

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/09/08 04:47 AM

Lots of love and healing prayers Sandpiper...so glad to know you came home safe and sound and have begun the healing process!

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/09/08 02:20 PM

Thanks everyone for the kind wishes. I'm really doing very well. I feel pretty good but do need recovery. My daughter is keeping me low for awhile. She's been a dream for me. But it was good to get home and settled again.

Wanted to check in with all of you. Missed my time sitting at the desk and reading how everyone is doing. BWS has become such apart of my life that when I'm unable to surf and keep in touch, it just feels like I'm missing a big part of my family.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/09/08 02:23 PM

Sandpiper, I must have missed this. Welcome back, and hope you are back to normal soon!
K
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/09/08 06:58 PM

sandpiper, sorry to hear of yoru surgery. Gosh, so many people I know have had ER visits lately. What the heck is going on, or is this a part of getting older?

Sit back, relax and recover! Wishing you well!
Posted by: jabber

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/09/08 08:00 PM

Sandpiper,
Glad the surgery went well. Glad you're home and resting
comfortably. Prayers and blessings...

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/10/08 06:35 PM

I watched Nims Island last night and I still cannot believe that Jodie Foster played in this movie.

DUMB!DUMB!DUMB!DUMB!DUMB!DUMB!DUMB!

Did I mention it was DUMB? OMGosh...this will go down as the worse one for 2008, I'm sure of it. At least for me it will. Ugh!

It was not only dumb, but unbelievable...the plot sooooo unreal and there was nothing to hold on to in the movie. It was a mishmash of ideas thrown together and I'm still mad at myself for not checking out reviews online before ordering it.

Want me to tell you how I really felt about it?

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/10/08 06:42 PM

Yell, girl! How'd you really feel?
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/10/08 07:00 PM

Gee, did you like it? smirk

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/10/08 07:53 PM

Let me think on it and I'll get back to ya, k?
Posted by: chickadee

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/10/08 09:01 PM

Watch it again while you're thinking.

What?
...so she's throws me in the moat...

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/10/08 09:32 PM

Glad for the heads up JJ, I was suppose to see this movie this weekend. Now I will find another one or just stay in and see whats on TV.

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/11/08 01:23 PM

JJ,
Many people agree with you. It sounds like a real bummer.
And that's too bad. IMO Jodie Foster is a reasonably good
actress.

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/11/08 05:10 PM

Am I nuts (no response required here) or did Jodie Foster just get caught with cocaine?
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/11/08 05:56 PM

"Am I nuts" ... ahem, well, no, I guess we don't need to answer that because the answer is a well-known fact.

"Did Jodie Foster just get caught with cocaine?" I just did a quick google search, and could only find a cocaine arrest from 1983, about 15 years ago.

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/11/08 07:16 PM

Yeah, I found that one too...mom was telling me about it this morning so I "assumed" it was a more recent arrest...maybe not. At any rate, she must have picked up the habit again if this movie is any indication! Bawhahahaha...ahem...ahem.
Posted by: Anno

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/11/08 11:47 PM

Hey, Sandpiper, I hope you are better. You must be exhausted after being in the hospital for such a long time.

Okay, beat me over the head, but.....I am suppose to rent Nims Island or not?????

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/12/08 12:05 AM

Only if you want to be holding the remote when it's over and say to the air, 'Somebody just shoot me NOW.'

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/13/08 03:53 PM

I'm feeling much better. Don't know why it took a week in the hospital. I think it might have been because my white count was a bit high for a day or so and then I'm a shallow breather and they had me on oxygen all the time. Geez! But my oxygen level is fine now.

I've been lurking here daily and doing some writing and reading. Watching lots of TV because my daughter won't let me do anything much - not even a thing in the kitchen. So I'm trying to be good and enjoy the leisure at the same time.

Glad to hear Nims Island was a bust. I like Jodie Foster but thought it wouldn't be a good movie.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/13/08 05:05 PM

sandpiper, you just keep letting that daughter take such good care of you. When can you get up and out again?

The hardest part of being sick is giving in to doing nothing, but it's so good for us to be still for a change. Embrace it! You'll be up and at 'em before you know it.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: A MUST SEE! - 10/13/08 11:21 PM

Sandpiper, glad the surgery went well and you're recuperating. Take all the rest you need!