Has Anyone Heard of Dave Ramsey - Author?

Posted by: glessmom

Has Anyone Heard of Dave Ramsey - Author? - 01/03/08 07:08 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am new to these boards, so may not be asking this on the right board. Has anyone ever heard of a guy named Dave Ramsey that authored a book called The Total Money Makeover?

My company is having a 6-week read-a-thon and we will be reading his book together for 6 weeks (but I will probably read it in the first week if it is good). They will also be holding 6 training calls on specific aspects of the book.

Anyway - I have ordered the book and have committed to participating - just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about the book or the guy that wrote it. It sounds like it will be good!

Thanks!
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Has Anyone Heard of Dave Ramsey - Author? - 01/03/08 09:10 PM

Yes, Linda I have his book also. He's quite "right on" and knows his stuff. He's very specific and hard lined with budgets and finances but I've learned a whole lot listening to him and reading. Hey....I love your site...would love to talk with you more!
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Has Anyone Heard of Dave Ramsey - Author? - 01/04/08 01:00 AM

Welcome Linda, yes, I have heard of Dave Ramsey. so much so that I wonder why I have not bought his book yet. I do hear of churches, workplaces, etc. offering free classes on D.R.
Posted by: glessmom

Re: Has Anyone Heard of Dave Ramsey - Author? - 01/04/08 11:49 PM

Thanks for your input about Dave Ramsey, Ladyjane and Princess! I am getting more excited to participate in this company read-a-thon thing after reading what you had to say.