Mompreneur Website

Posted by: Stacy M.

Mompreneur Website - 01/06/06 10:05 AM

I'm so happy to have finally found a title that fits me!
I spotted it on Martha Stewart's website.

I stay home with my young boys and have a strong entepreneurial spirit (as does my husband). Before kids, I was a career woman, though I DO NOT miss having a boss.

Do any of you ladies have daughters like me? Have you shared with them how much you love this Boomer site? I'm trying to find others who may be interested in a site for us twenty- and thirty- something mompreneurs. While I love this forum, it's difficult to find many topics to relate to.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Mompreneur Website - 01/06/06 10:47 PM

Stacy, funny you should mention this. I met this morning with the gal who has chicksspeak.com. I don't know if you can relate to that one though because it's for college aged gals. She's on a mission to encourage and support that generation.

I'd love to have your feedback on her site if you don't mind.

I'm sorry I don't know any other forums. Have you Googled?
Posted by: Stacy M.

Re: Mompreneur Website - 01/07/06 09:13 AM

Dotsie ~ I went to the site you suggested. Definitely too young! I graduated college 11 years ago....yikes!

Attractive site! Easy to maneuver through. Seems like it should have more information? I can't place my finger on it, but I also noticed some areas weren't complete. She's got a good start, though!

I've Googled for what I'm looking for......something like this site, but for the generation behind you. There are mom spots, but they don't support talking about your business. There are spots for moms who have a business in the home, but they offer lots of advice on making it work. I want to talk about me as a woman, my kids AND my business! [Smile]

And then there are the sites that have single, in-your-face gals. Whew!

Hmmmmm........maybe something for me to consider doing? Got some extra time and effort to be a mentor? [Smile]
Posted by: Danita

Re: Mompreneur Website - 01/08/06 08:10 AM

Stacy,

You would be AWESOME at running a website. If you build it, they will come!

hugs,
danita
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Mompreneur Website - 01/08/06 05:14 AM

Stacy you might try out. It may be just what you're looking for....

www.WomensForum.com

[ January 07, 2006, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Mompreneur Website - 01/09/06 01:08 AM

I'm happy to share what I've learned. Call me. 1-877-bboomer.
Posted by: mamakim

Re: Mompreneur Website - 02/16/06 12:06 AM

Stacy - if you find a site that fits 20 to 30-somethings .... I'd be interested to know. I'm too old for the college crowd and too young to deal with grandchildren and other issues. I'm not even part of the Sandwich Generation yet, though I seem to be a condiment or a side dish sometimes. (Okay, this analogy is getting yucky.) I'm 33 years old and have lived a lot (lost my mother at 24, two mid-term losses between kids, and had more surgeries than I can remember).

Anyway, I'm a work at home mom and I've been doing this for 7 years to be home with my children. I don't use child care, day care or babysitters, and my husband works full-time plus over-time. I have yet to find anything "out there" that fits my lifestyle, but sometimes I find groups that have similar values. This does help.