International Moms Club

Posted by: Stacy M.

International Moms Club - 12/07/05 10:53 PM

Hiya ~
I'm thinking of joining the local chapter of Moms Club. Has anyone ever belonged to a mommies group, specifically this one? Was it a good addition to your life?

Also, I've been told about MOPS (mothers of preschoolers).
I'm thinking of checking it out, too.

Re: International Moms Club - 12/15/05 07:58 AM

[Smile] In case anyone was wondering......

After contacting the local chapter president for Moms Club International, I discovered there was an informal meeting at Panera this morning. With the little one in tow, I went and had a wonderful time chatting with other moms.

They play Bunko for time away from kids. I'm so looking forward to making new friends!
Posted by: Danita

Re: International Moms Club - 12/15/05 04:26 PM

Oh Stacy,

That is great news! You go girl! You will have a city full of friends before you know it.

I was just pm'ing "Searcher" offline - and told her I might have to come to Ohio to visit you and she. Wouldn't that be fun!

From what I hear - you will love bunko!

Miss you girl!

hugs,
danita
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: International Moms Club - 12/15/05 07:54 PM

Stacy, congrats on putting yourself out there to meet new friends who share loving their children. I've seen ads for Mom's Club at Curves but don't know much about them. Can you tell us more?
Posted by: ladybug

Re: International Moms Club - 12/16/05 04:32 AM

This group would interest me but my "kids" are 20 and 18 years old. They probably don't want older moms do they?

Danita, if you come to Ohio better come see me too. I'll make you my famous veal parmigana.
Posted by: Danita

Re: International Moms Club - 12/16/05 04:57 AM

Oh yes, count on it.

I may just have to sneak away to visit y'all....so tempting!

Danita
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: International Moms Club - 12/16/05 06:37 AM

Use to belong to a Bunko club and am still a die hard Bunko player....Love that game! Enjoy!

Re: International Moms Club - 01/05/06 09:55 AM

Happy 2006 Gang!
Dotsie....to answer your question, I copied this from www.momsclub.org

"We are a support group designed just for you, the at-home mother of today! You are interested in the world around you, want a variety of activities for you and your children, and are proud of your choice of at-home mothering for your families! We know, because we're at-home mothers, too!

You need a support group that understands your special needs as an at-home mother and we're it! We are the first, largest and fastest growing support group specifically for ALL at-home mothers:"

Re: International Moms Club - 01/05/06 09:58 AM

To Speakermom,
I did look into MOPS at the same time I found Moms Club.
However, I didn't reach anyone at the church when I called. Moms Club called back first and invited me to meet them. The ball has been rolling from there.

Right now, belonging to two organization would be a little much. BUT, I know I've got another option if I need it! [Smile]