windows?

Posted by: Dotsie

windows? - 05/12/05 08:01 PM

Anyone bother cleaning them?

[ May 12, 2005, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]
Posted by: unique

Re: windows? - 05/12/05 09:10 PM

Only when I have to turn on the lights to see in the day time. (I am soooo bad...)
Posted by: TVC15

Re: windows? - 05/13/05 02:54 AM

I always do the insides but the outsides really need it bad right now! Oh wait, is that thunder I hear? Why yes, it is! Well, I guess that will take care of that chore!

Re: windows? - 05/17/05 07:28 AM

We have a friend who cleans for us every other week. I don't even like to ask her to do them. [Roll Eyes]
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: windows? - 05/17/05 02:55 AM

We had a party in 1999 and may have cleaned the windows then.

Or maybe not. It's hard to remember [Razz]
Posted by: Sadie

Re: windows? - 05/17/05 04:52 AM

Dotsie,
Our windows tilt out so they are easy to clean and do them every spring . We purchased all new windows several years ago. Lot easier then when my mother would clean the old wooden frame windows .
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: windows? - 05/17/05 08:41 AM

Theres a man in the park that goes around and for $25.00 does all your windows inside and out and does a great job. He will be doing mine soon. I have solar screens so you can't see the windows anymore and its easy to neglect them. When it begins to be dark 24/7 I figure it must be dirty windows, he, he!!! [Razz]

Re: windows? - 05/17/05 08:06 PM

Nancy, our windows do the same. I still don't like cleaning them. My parents had the old wooden frames too. I can picture Mom on the porch with her vinegar and water doing the outside living room windows. Nice little memory. Thanks.

Chatty, I'd rather spend $25.00 to have clean windows than eat a meal on the strip (is that what's it's called in Vegas?).

Re: windows? - 05/18/05 03:18 AM

What whats called Dotsie, eating or cleaning windows or the Strip? And yes the Strip is called the Strip everywhere in the world even here....I hate the strip like most regulars who live here, only venture up there is we have to. If you've seen it once, you've seen it... [Razz]
Posted by: Cookie

Re: windows? - 10/01/07 09:11 PM

I clean windows. I have to. I have a cat in the house and cats on the outside that smudge my patio doors. They are either putting nose marks on it or paw prints. God love them! I use to clean my windows with newspaper and Windex, which I thought made a mighty sparkling clean window. But now, a friend told me about using those micro cloths that you can buy in the auto section. Those are great! Use a wet one with plain water for cleaning the glass and a dry one for wiping off. It is so clear that it can be dangerous!

Re: windows? - 10/02/07 08:24 AM

Cookie, they are called SHAMMY clothes. And yes they really do a first class job on all glass. I use one on my glass dining room table and glass end tables too. Oh and don't forget the TV screen.
Posted by: Cookie

Re: windows? - 10/02/07 11:33 AM

Miss Chatty, they really are called micro-fiber cloths. I know what a chamois is. I use that to wipe the water off of my car off after I wash it.....sometimes.

Re: windows? - 10/02/07 11:36 PM

I wasn't contradicting you my friend, but the cloth I have in my hand at the moment says Shammy, and its for cleaning glass. Maybe thats the brand name. I just know the darn thing really works. I have one of those chamos cloths too, its still in the bag, unopened, that tells you how often I wash my own car. LOL
Posted by: Songbird

Re: windows? - 11/14/07 03:34 PM

I clean them out every once in a while, bust it is not my favorite chore, to be truthful ! I also clean the blinds which is another story !
Posted by: gims

Re: windows? - 11/15/07 03:24 AM

Now, THAT's a funny question!!!!!
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: windows? - 11/24/07 08:49 PM

Why don't they make self cleaning windows,...like ovens?
Although those self cleaning ovens aren't that great either.
Does anyone have a good self cleaning oven?

Re: windows? - 11/24/07 09:34 PM

I do....I clean it all by mySELF using plenty of elbow grease, he, he, he!!!