"The laundry lady"

Posted by: Dotsie

"The laundry lady" - 03/17/04 05:49 PM

Hate to admit it but this is one of my nick names on the home-front!

I should put this in whine! Last Thursdayy or Friday I did SEVEN loads of laundry. Did bed clothes and little rugs too. I've done laundry every day since and today I have four more staring me in the face!

My husband and son came home from their trip and my daughter cleaned her room! Well, not her whole room, just the clothes.

Anyone else the laundry lady in your home? IF not, who does it?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: "The laundry lady" - 03/17/04 09:13 PM

You are oneeee sick puppy! But say...do you hire out?
Posted by: smilinize

Re: "The laundry lady" - 03/17/04 09:16 PM

Personally I see a whole new business potential here. If your expertise with laundry joined with Meredith's expertise with ironing the two of you could form a partnership and offer a laundry service. Boy would you ever get my business.

What ever happened to those places where you just dropped off the laundry and went back the next day to pick it up all clean, ironed and folded? I loved those places. When I used to travel a lot, I would get like a zillion loads behind and I would just take everything to the laundry place and return the next day to pick up a whole new wardrobe.

I say you guys are missing a great business opportunity here.
smile

[ March 17, 2004, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]
Posted by: Evie

Re: "The laundry lady" - 03/17/04 10:04 PM

hey, if you find one of those drop off laundry places let me know.....do you think they'd take "mail-ins"???

I've been driving around with a king size quilt in the back of my van for weeks now, because I just can't seem to get to the laundromat to use the oversize washing machine.......and there's no drycleaners here in town.......... [Confused]
Posted by: Julie

Re: "The laundry lady" - 03/18/04 04:34 AM

Look, I've just spent my morning "off" washing towels and clothes and I've got a rack of ironing waiting and it is all I ever seem to do on the weekend...what bugs me most is the child who puts clean clothes "away" but you find them scrunched in the laundry basket in the next couple of days without ever having been worn... [Mad]
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: "The laundry lady" - 03/18/04 05:13 AM

We are a very big town here in Vegas and yes there are laundry drop off places, however you best have a second job to pay for the stuff when its done. My goodness, they aren't shy when it comes to prices. That comforter for instance would cost $30.00 to wash and dry. I am probably weird but I like doing laundry, I even liked it when my boys wore their jeans for about 10 minutes before puting on a new pair. I do not iron, will not iron. I hate ironing. When my husband passed away I took in ironing to make ends meet and now can't stand to even look at an iron. Thank the world for permanent press, and fluff drying. Dotsie I do not envy you one bit. There is money in it if you've got the stamina. [Embarrassed]

Re: "The laundry lady" - 03/20/04 05:33 AM

Let's not get carried away here. I was NOT looking for a job! [Eek!] Thanks, but no thanks!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: "The laundry lady" - 03/21/04 09:02 AM

...and I'd be happy to take in ironing, but you might have to take a second mortgage on your house [Razz]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: "The laundry lady" - 03/21/04 04:28 PM

forget ironing...do what I do. When someone makes a snide comment about your wrinkled clothes, just say, "only the rich wrinkle."

Okay, maybe that' stretching it a tad...but hey, THEY don't know any better...teehee...

Re: "The laundry lady" - 03/21/04 06:04 PM

Hey, I say tell anyone who insults the wrinkles in your clothes, "Better wrinkled clothes than wrinkled skin." Ooooh that would be cruel.
smile

Re: "The laundry lady" - 03/21/04 09:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:
Let's not get carried away here. I was NOT looking for a job! [Eek!] Thanks, but no thanks!

Well darn. I was counting on you two. I thought I had me a laundry lady all lined up. Shucks.

Oh well. Don't be surprised if UPS shows up with a whole ton of dirty laundry. Gotta' keep you girls out of the pool halls somehow.

Darn!!
smile

Re: "The laundry lady" - 03/22/04 11:00 PM

Sorry, nobody's home! [Razz]