Dee the dynamo!

Posted by: chatty lady

Dee the dynamo! - 03/26/11 11:02 PM

Yesterday on Facebook I read where our Dee had taken her entire home apart and cleaned it spic and span. I have felt so lazt lately and that amazed me knowing how much time and effort she must have used. My home needs such a cleaning before summer comes and I have no energy or desire to do it. I prefer to burn it to the ground, lol! What motivation do any of you use to get yourself in gear? I need help!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Dee the dynamo! - 03/26/11 11:37 PM

My motivation for cleaning is seeing hubby doing housework...he took over all of the household chores when I was still working fulltime after he retired...then when I left work it was because of a massive breakdown and I was so debilitated by fatigue that he had to carry most of the workload for many years. But once my energy level began to improve, I found myself WANTING to do housework (can you believe it?!), but he was reluctant to hand over any of the reigns to me because he had been doing it for so long. We've gradually worked up to a more equitable balance. He still does the laundry and cleans the bathrooms, I do most of the vacuuming and all of the dusting, and we share the cooking/dishes. I'm very lucky. Still, I do get lazy and unmotivated...but when I see him working at it, it makes me want to pitch in and help after all of the years of HAVING to watch him do it all by himself. I'm grateful for the ability to help now, for the better energy and good health that allows me to do what I wasn't physically able to do not that long ago.

The other motivation? When the dust bunnies begin to hop all over my feet, that will usually get me going, LOL!