Have a food processor?

Posted by: Di

Have a food processor? - 06/21/10 02:26 PM

We have one that attaches to our blender base...LOVE IT! Not big and gawdy, just the right size. I use it for making breadcrumbs, chopping nuts, and other things.

But I'd like to use it for more. How do you use yours?
Posted by: Cookie

Re: Have a food processor? - 06/22/10 08:28 PM

I use mine for chopping many things....cabbage, onions, celery,toasted bread crumbs, and nuts. I also use it to chop up coconut when I want it super fine to use in a recipe. And of course, it is great for chopping up oreo cookies into crumbs when I want to make oreo truffles.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Have a food processor? - 06/23/10 12:11 AM

I can make an entire large dish of Ham salad with my food processor. I love it and have two, one for large items and one for small ones. I love the little one it's so handy for single meals.

Re: Have a food processor? - 06/29/10 03:31 PM

I suppose I use mine when the blender will not do. It winds up "gunky" in the bottom etc. We put pecan and oatmeal in several of our soaps so I use it to blend/pulverize these two ingredients.

Any more ways to use the FP??
Posted by: Anno

Re: Have a food processor? - 06/30/10 12:32 PM

I use it when I have tons of chopping to do - making tabouhli, for example. I also use it for making hummus, mashing up Dennis' food, but mostly for chopping and pulverizing.

Re: Have a food processor? - 07/02/10 09:54 PM

Today we made a nice, fresh salsa in ours using our own home grown tomatoes, jalapenos, green chile. YUMMERS!
Posted by: orchid

Re: Have a food processor? - 07/08/10 09:46 PM

Your FP sounds practical and small, Di.

No, we don't have a food processor. We just have a Braun handheld immersion blender.

That's good enough for us.
Seriously it's hard enough to have and store small kitchen appliances in our home. He has a toaster, juicer and electric can-opener which he hasn't even unpacked since we moved here...8 yrs. ago.

The type of small kitchen counter appliances that we have are an electric rice cooker and a hand-held electric beater-mixer. That's all.

For instance when I make focaccia dough, ..it literally is all by hand. And I know no other way. It's fine by me.

Re: Have a food processor? - 07/10/10 12:59 PM

My basil plant needs to be trimmed, so I am going to whip up some pesto in the food processor today. Mmmmmm, I love the stuff and it's a healthy alternative to mayo or salad dressing.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Have a food processor? - 07/10/10 01:02 PM

I have no food processor. I do everything by hand. I need to rethink this...

Re: Have a food processor? - 07/23/10 07:52 PM

Yes Dotsie. It's an invention that is very important. Although I have to admit oftentimes I do grab the hand-held grater first. It's just so "natural". But when I have to do large batches I go for the FP.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Have a food processor? - 07/24/10 08:32 AM

I bought a mini Kenwood this week...so small and powerful..we are getting aquainted.

Re: Have a food processor? - 07/24/10 04:43 PM

Have fun! Watch you fingers!