Life Lessons from Cooking?

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Life Lessons from Cooking? - 05/21/10 06:15 PM

I just read a fascinating article on the Real Simple website that really got me thinking. It was titled:
10 Things Cooking Has Taught Me About Life

It started me thinking about things I have learned from cooking that are life lessons: "Like there's no substitute for the genuine article..."

You know the concept: You can substitute in cooking when you are in a pinch, but the cake will always taste better with genuine vanilla than it will with imitation vanilla. And it will taste the absolute best of all if you actually start with a vanilla bean...

So I started wondering, what other life lessons have you learned from your cooking experiences?

Anne
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Life Lessons from Cooking? - 05/21/10 07:18 PM

I manage to mess up almost everything I cook, so I don't. I suppose my life lesson, then, is if you can't do it, don't do it and find someone else who can.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Life Lessons from Cooking? - 05/21/10 09:47 PM

When you tell your grandchildren they can help you make a cake, wear protective clothing.
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Life Lessons from Cooking? - 05/31/10 05:32 PM

Don't try to catch anything while it's flying through the air or dropping to the ground - glasses, knives, forks, hot pans, relationships. Just be prepared to pick up the pieces and clean up the mess.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Life Lessons from Cooking? - 05/31/10 05:42 PM

So true; and so funny. I have a mental image of Saundra juggling implements and people! smile