What's a good cookware to buy?

Posted by: Dee

What's a good cookware to buy? - 12/17/09 05:31 PM

I'm thinking of purchasing new pots and pans. My Calphalon frying pans are all but done in and their handles are terrible...you go to pour something out of the skillet/pan and it slips in your grip. I thought I was buying a good product but it was a rip off. I like Le Creste BUT it's too bloody expensive. So...what's a good option for a good set of pans? I want something that will distribute the heat evenly but don't want to worry about scratching the surface if I use a metalf utensil. May I have your opinions please?
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: What's a good cookware to buy? - 12/18/09 11:05 PM

Stainless steel is the very best you can buy!! You can cook anything in it and it cleans up nicely too. I wouldn't use anything else...
Posted by: Cookie

Re: What's a good cookware to buy? - 12/19/09 10:06 PM

Stainless steel is the best! I have All Clad, which is very expensive. To me, it is worth every penny since I do allot of cooking. When I bought them, I didn't buy a whole set of pots and pans because the sets never have the size of "ware "I want. I bought one piece at a time....over time. I love my pots and pans. They heat and cook very evenly. I have an all clad asparagus steamer that is great! Fresh asparagus, corn, broccoli, etc. tastes fabulous in the steamer!! But beware, not all, All Clad are the same. I believe the Emerial Ware is a different grade of stainless steel even though it is all clad. I bought one pot of Emerial ware a few years back with a gift certificate given to me from work. It is a nice pot, however, the steel is different.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: What's a good cookware to buy? - 12/22/09 12:54 AM

I have All Clad too and love them. They hold up very well.

Re: What's a good cookware to buy? - 12/23/09 02:48 AM

Where do you get them? How do you keep things from sticking to the bottom?

Re: What's a good cookware to buy? - 12/23/09 02:51 AM

Whoa...I just looked All Clad up on the web...you're right...veeeeeeery expensive. But, if it's good, it's the last cookware you'll buy, right? Okay...maybe once piece a year. I'll have to see where I can find it.
Thanks ladies!!!

Re: What's a good cookware to buy? - 12/23/09 11:27 PM

Dee, just don't turn the fire under your pots to 'SCORCH.' Works for me... LOL!!!
Posted by: Cookie

Re: What's a good cookware to buy? - 12/24/09 04:00 PM

Before you add food to the pan, you preheat the pan on medium heat with just a bit of oil of some kind to coat the bottom. I only cook on low to medium using all clad. This usually keeps food from sticking to the bottom of the pan.

Re: What's a good cookware to buy? - 01/02/10 02:42 AM

So did you decide on the new panwear yet? Also heres a tip:

If you have some stainless steel cookware that is tarnished or just old looking fill the cookware with warm soapy water, add clorox, say half a cup or so and let stand for half an hour, the cookware comes out just like new. This also works on that orange stuff, I can't remember the name of it.

Re: What's a good cookware to buy? - 01/05/10 03:09 AM

thanks ladies...still deciding...I love hearing what you all have to say about various cookwares...thanks for your support. I'll keep looking around to see what's out there.
Posted by: Ellemm

Re: What's a good cookware to buy? - 01/05/10 02:16 PM

I have very cheap and very expensive: All-Clad saucepots and a small frying pans and larger cast-iron frying pans. Works for me. Yes, they do cost a lot, but have been well worth it. But I also love cast iron. It's nearly indestructible and you can bake with it.

Re: What's a good cookware to buy? - 01/14/10 12:44 AM

Chefs Emeril, Wolfgang Puck and now Paula Dean have cookware for sale. All looks like it would be wonderful to cook with.
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: What's a good cookware to buy? - 01/14/10 01:45 PM

I know where you are on this Dee. My pans finally died! I am looking for another great set that won't put me in the poor house. I've been looking around and mostly they are so very expensive that I'm just doing with what I have at the moment. I'm glad I read this post, it will give me a starting point. Thanks!

Re: What's a good cookware to buy? - 01/27/10 12:56 AM

I'm still looking...I do a lot of cooking so I guess I have to put that into consideration.
Sandpiper...let me know what you come up with...
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: What's a good cookware to buy? - 01/27/10 01:28 PM

We have Calphalon. While I like it, it does have its draw backs. Someone inevitably uses metal spoons which ruins them. The other thing I don't like is that they can't go in the dishwasher.

Re: What's a good cookware to buy? - 02/06/10 12:38 AM

Ladies, no one cooks and bakes more than me and stainless steel is the very best. You can use the he// out of it and it lasts, and lasts and lasts. Now if it gets dingy after a time, simply fill with soapy water and add a drop or three of Clorox and BAM, as good as new in no time...