New Pet -- roomba

Posted by: summersRain

New Pet -- roomba - 06/08/08 08:18 PM

I've had my iRobot roomba for two days and I love it. It helps me get lots of exercise too as I run around in front of it picking up cat toys. When I pick it up, its little wheels come out and it feels like I'm picking up a turtle. I think the cats are bonding with it.
Posted by: Lola

Re: New Pet -- roomba - 06/08/08 10:09 PM

I had to google it and came upon a demo video. It seems to be quite a neat thing to have as it leaves the hands free to do other chores around the house. I don't have a cat but it does not mean I cannot bond with it.
Posted by: Anno

Re: New Pet -- roomba - 06/09/08 02:14 PM

Does it work on wood floors? Can it move from carpeted areas to hard wood? How about area rugs?

I could learn to love anything, just anything, that makes my life easier.

Re: New Pet -- roomba - 06/09/08 10:40 PM

lol. I have laminate floors and it's perfect on them. Plus one area has a shaggy rug and it even goes over that. It seems to spend a lot of time under the couch. I wonder what it's doing? Making friends with the dust bunnies?
Posted by: gims

Re: New Pet -- roomba - 06/09/08 10:48 PM

Does it really work? My aunt has one, and we played with it, but I couldn't tell if there was full coverage. It seemed to stay in one quandrant of the room (which as big).
Posted by: DJ

Re: New Pet -- roomba - 06/10/08 02:07 AM

I love my Roomba but my dog doesn't. So if I want the dog to quite bugging me, I can turn on Roomba. I had a Scooba too, for a while, but took it back. It didn't work as well. Roomba works hard, over rungs and wood floors. Sometimes he (mine's a male) gets lazy and cries out that he's stuck, but mostly he's reliable.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: New Pet -- roomba - 06/10/08 09:10 PM

My neighbor has one and I want one too, but my sofa is too low to the floor and it can't get under it to get the dust bunnies of which I have a collection usually. The less furniture you have the better I think.
Posted by: Dee

Re: New Pet -- roomba - 06/12/08 02:33 AM

Summersrain...you must be a hoot...LOVE your icon photo

Re: New Pet -- roomba - 06/12/08 05:14 AM

Thanks Dee. Right back atcha. So gimms and Anne, I guess there's some fancy schmancy computer brain type thing that tells it where to go. The illustration says it starts in a circle and works it way around the room. DJ yeah, I freaked out when the thing started talking to me. I see that there's a remote control you can buy. And chatty, I work as hard as the roomba. Picture me lifting up my couch cause it got stuck underneath. I swear the thing has a sense of humor.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: New Pet -- roomba - 06/12/08 12:55 PM

I would get one, but then what would I use for notepads if I get rid of all the dust?
Posted by: Dee

Re: New Pet -- roomba - 06/13/08 03:04 AM

What does it say?

Re: New Pet -- roomba - 06/14/08 12:06 AM

lol jawjaw! Dee, it said, "My left wheel is stuck. Release me."