need help witth bipolar

Posted by: hellobetty

need help witth bipolar - 10/03/04 06:50 PM

i dunno if this is new or not but i really would like to chat with someone in my position as as a bipolar with ptsd

Re: need help witth bipolar - 10/03/04 06:53 PM

[Wink] [Wink]  - [Wink] [Wink] [Confused]
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: need help witth bipolar - 10/03/04 08:59 PM

Betty, I'm bipolar II, it hasn't been quite a year since I've been diagnosed. I don't have PTSD, but I'd be willing to chat with you.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: need help witth bipolar - 10/04/04 12:34 AM

Betty, although I don't or haven't been diagnosed with Bipolar, I do suffer and have the diagnosis of PTSD. I too would be willing to chat with you.

Until you do get the help you seek, I will pray with you,

Sheree
Posted by: chickadee

Re: need help witth bipolar - 10/04/04 05:30 AM

Hi Betty,

I noticed you are new and would like to wish you a warm welcome. [Big Grin]

I don't have anything to offer in regards to bipolar with ptsd. I am however willing to learn about it.

Thank you for posting.

Regards,
Chickadee
Posted by: Dianne

Re: need help witth bipolar - 10/04/04 06:36 PM

My opinion as a non-medical woman: I'm beginning to believe that PTSD can be a trigger for BiPolar. And, vice versa. That's my 2 cents after working with battered women for the last 12 or so years.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: need help witth bipolar - 10/05/04 01:31 PM

Sorry nothing to offer on either ailment but wanted to say welcome and if anyone wants to know anything about Diabetes, just ask me. The dietician at Desert Springs hospital says I know as much or more than she does now. I think if you put Bipolar into your computers search mode theres alot on line. I seem to remember someone here with the problem posting that awhile back.

Re: need help witth bipolar - 10/06/04 07:00 AM

This is an excellent source for bipolar information along with an awesome support group.

http://www.bipolarworld.net/

Here's some information about what is bipolar

http://www.manicmoment.com/cgi-bin/info/bp.html
Posted by: Kathryn

Re: need help witth bipolar - 10/14/04 08:11 PM

Unfortunately, I have some personal experience w/ ptsd, anxiety disorders and a family member w/ bi-polar. I'd be happy to share what I've learned through research and experience any time.
god bless

Re: need help witth bipolar - 10/20/04 03:12 AM

to all of you that responded im so sorry i took soo long to get back im a little scattered right now due the end of a hypomanic episode. all 6 of you (at least that's how many i saw) that responded made me feel very welcome and happy to have found this site. im a computer idiot so im not sure how the site works and how to give my address to ppl. Im not sure i want to just put it out on the site due to security and all that, but id love to chat with with everyone. does this site include a chat room that im just missing [Confused] im sure there's a way to just respond to one person but im still working on figuring that out [Wink]

Re: need help witth bipolar - 10/21/04 06:07 PM

Betty, if you want to exchange private messages with any of us, just look above the message where there are little icons. The one where two people are shaking hands next to an envelope? If you click on that one it opens up a separate message for you to send just to that person.

Let me know if you have any problems with it.

Re: need help witth bipolar - 10/21/04 11:16 PM

BEtty, no chat room at BWS. You simply post in here and women reply. You can also do the private e-mail route that Vicki explained. Please ask any other questions about navigating. We're happy to get you going. [Wink]
Posted by: Claire

Re: need help witth bipolar - 10/26/04 12:42 AM

Betty
I am new here too and it seems a great place to be, and share to feelings and experiences with other women, without having to hide anything. I feel I can be myself in here without anyone telling me I am 'odd' or 'mad'! I don't have bipolar but I have suffered with depression in the past and been suicidal. I seem to have things under control in the past few years. I hope you find this site supportive and helpful. You are not alone.
All the best
Claire
Posted by: Misfire

Re: need help witth bipolar - 10/27/04 02:47 PM

Hello fellow mood disorder sufferers --

The Depression & Related Affective Disorders Association (DRADA) is a great place for info and support. Website is www.drada.org

Kay Redfield Jamison, M.D. is the expert on bi-polar. Her book, An Unquiet Mind , is an excellent memoir of her own experience with "moods and madness."

My mother definitely suffered from major depression for almost her entire life (she finally got the right treatment and drugs at age 75). My father was bi-polar. He did talk therapy but was too macho for medication.

Sigh. I've suffered with dysthmia and depression. My older daughter is suffering. Thank God we live in 2004 and the treatment is available (although expensive) so that we can get better.

Better living through chemistry. [Wink]

Re: need help witth bipolar - 10/27/04 09:18 PM

Misfire, thanks for sharing. You are so right in that we have help available today.

DRADA si an excellent resource. I have a friend who knows lots about mental illness and she always recommends DRADA.

Claire, glad you are having better days. It takes strength to battle depression to the other side. Thank God for the resources available.