Where is everyone?

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Where is everyone? - 03/02/16 05:33 PM

Yikes, I have my knee surgery, my computer dies and it takes me awhile to get back here -- meanwhile, Jabber goes on vacation - and no one else is talking?

Ladies! Please join in and tell us what's happening in YOUR lives?

Re: Where is everyone? - 03/24/16 07:54 PM

Yikes! Dotsie told me when I bought the NABBW from her that I had to post to the forum daily, or else the forum members would become offended and quit participating.

So for years, I have been pretty faithful in posting pretty much daily... I'm worried she was right, ladies!

Sorry, mea culpa!

Meanwhile, as Joan Rivers used to say, "Can we talk?"
Posted by: montx

Re: Where is everyone? - 04/04/18 05:33 PM

Yes, can we talk? Is there a way to email every member and ask them to COME BACK? Facebook robbed this community of participating members. Maybe, just maybe, now that Facebook has proven its evil intentions, BWS can be revived.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Where is everyone? - 05/31/18 10:20 PM

I've tried coaxing some members back to this forum. Perhaps if Facebook keeps jerking users' around, some of these ladies will reconsider.
Posted by: DJ

Re: Where is everyone? - 06/19/18 06:29 PM

OK -- I'll jump in. Haven't been here in a long time because, well, things got hectic. My husband and I both retired and moved across the country from the east coast to a city in the Midwest where we knew no one. We pared down our belongings (helpful to read "The Life changing Magic of Tidying up"!) sold our house and bought a townhouse condo here 2-1/2 years ago. This year I was made president of the condo board. I've met some lovely people through volunteer work, several of whom I'd call good friends, and am super busy. I can't account for the long delay, other than I've been doing a ton of other kinds of writing and lots of gardening.
Posted by: montx

Re: Where is everyone? - 06/20/18 03:53 PM

DJ, congrats on the courage to make change happen. Are you liking it better? Not remembering if you have kiddos or not, I ask: did you have to leave any behind?

Re: Where is everyone? - 06/20/18 07:01 PM

DJ - good to see you here again. Did you get back into the NABBW site as well? What Midwestern city did you move to? IMHO, Midwesterners are generally good people. It's easy to make friends. People talk to each other in stores, at the gym - and people still go to church.

Re: Where is everyone? - 06/20/18 07:06 PM

Yes, Montx, everybody left when Facebook got big. People were really "into" posting photos, and this site uses an antiquated software that was not really designed to handle photos.

(Yes, I hear you. I did look into updating the software, but it's not really do-able, because we'd have to truncate (cut off) the old site somewhere - and who knows where that should be? The alternative -- MOVING all the thousands of pages of content that exist here - is cost prohibitive.)