Another Newbie....

Posted by: Whirlwind

Another Newbie.... - 01/19/05 08:06 AM

Hello all. This morning I had the tremendous good fortune to run across this website (which may be a bad thing, because now I'll stay online way too long this morning reading posts, but that's OK).

Just a bit about me. I'm soon-to-be 46 years old. Divorced for 5 years (after an 18 year marriage). No kids, but a big hairy dog that I love. And I feel like this is the best time of my life right now.

I'm looking forward participating and getting to know the group.

Whirlwind
Posted by: Cagedbird

Re: Another Newbie.... - 01/19/05 08:19 AM

welcome, welcome welcome.
Again, from one Ga. Peach 2 another!
Just got back from North Carolina from a book signing, tired, but love to come check out this site. The people here are great!
Kudos to Dotsie. [Cool]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Another Newbie.... - 01/18/05 10:10 PM

whirlwind, great name! Thanks for jumping right in. It's good to hear about women who are single at midlife and happy. I look forward to getting to know you.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Another Newbie.... - 01/18/05 10:46 PM

Whirlwind...WELCOME! So glad you've made this your boomer home. Your statement about being happy reminds me of a thought I had one time. (Yes, I do have them)

When someone asked me what was the best time in my life I said, "right this minute." You obviously feel the same way. After all, right this minute is all we have, right?

Hugs girl...and so glad you're here!

JJ
Posted by: Sherri

Re: Another Newbie.... - 01/19/05 12:13 AM

Welcome Whirlwind, glad to have you with us.

Sherri
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Another Newbie.... - 01/19/05 01:40 AM

Hello Whirlwind...the best time of your life, huh - no time like the present [Cool] !

Can't wait to hear more about you and your big hairy dog. What do you call him?

This place has been a lifesaver to me. It is my "reference library" on life and living." I can ask a question and get an honest answer, give an opinion and not get steam-rolled, and best of all, I don't have to clean house to have the girls over for coffee. [Big Grin]

Throw something out there and you'll see what I mean.

Welcome to you and "Hairy"

chickadee
Posted by: Whirlwind

Re: Another Newbie.... - 01/19/05 01:56 AM

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

And my hairy companion is a "she", named Taz.

I'll try to post a pic of "us" soon. LOL...

Whirlwind
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: Another Newbie.... - 01/19/05 02:31 AM

Welcome Whirlwind! Glad to have you with us. We have had a lot of new ladies join in lately - the more the merrier. We are a diverse group with a wide assortment of interests but at the top of our priority list is "being there" for each other. You can count on that!

I'm sure you are going to enjoy getting to know us and vice versa. [Wink]
Posted by: Looking Up

Re: Another Newbie.... - 01/19/05 03:14 AM

Welcome Whirlwind. I have no doubts that you will enjoy this group tremendously.

Another Atlanta gal too! [Smile]
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Another Newbie.... - 01/19/05 07:36 AM

Whoopee another new member. I just love it when we get new people. Ditto to all the comments above this is a place like no other.... [Big Grin] [Wink]