Awake at 3 a.m.

Posted by: Dee

Awake at 3 a.m. - 08/08/07 08:24 AM

Anyone else out there still awake at this early hour? I stopped taking Ambien because I don't want to keep taking things to help me sleep...so, this is where I end up...on the internet, wide awake and praying for sleep to hit me. So, until it does I'm going to refamiliarize myself with the forums...sorry I've been away but I've been busy and hope to participate more and catch up with my friends...I've miss you all.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Awake at 3 a.m. - 08/08/07 11:15 AM

Dee, your voice here is always missed. Sorry I wasn't up, I usually am. Up and down, up and down. Maybe next time? Come back in when you can cause this door is always wide open for you!
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: Awake at 3 a.m. - 08/08/07 11:41 AM

Dee...love the new picture! I'm not sorry that I was asleep this morning...but often that's when I wake up and have trouble getting back to sleep!
Posted by: Laurel

Re: Awake at 3 a.m. - 08/08/07 02:33 PM

Hi, Dee.

Sorry you can't sleep. Have you tried Chamomile tea? Melatonin helps some people, but ask your doctor before taking it as it can react with some seritonin drugs.

My husband has insomnia. His is due to stress at work. He can't turn his brain off. Sometimes if you can figure out what's keeping you awake you can help the problem.

Good luck.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Awake at 3 a.m. - 08/08/07 07:46 PM

Hope you pass through the insomnia time.
I find even some light stretching exercises 1-2 hrs. before I go to bed helps me relax and fall asleep faster.

If you choose the right exercises, you will also be less prone to aches and pains in general.

I know, I did post on being sleep-deprived...but that's from not going to bed early enough and getting up too early ('cause I have to).

I have been falling asleep within 15 min. of hitting the pillow for awhile.

Have never taken sleeping pills in my life....though have gone through times of stress that's kept me awake.
Posted by: Dee

Re: Awake at 3 a.m. - 08/09/07 09:21 PM

Hi ladies...thanks for all the advice...I'll try the tea but I'm really allergic to exercise of any kind...LOL. Ambien was fine except I was in the one percent of one percent who sleep eats...like I don't eat enough when I'm awake. Sleep eating is weird because at the time I kind-of remember doing it but not really. It's when I'd wake up and find candy bar wrappers or pop corn kernels in bed with me that I got a clue something wasn't quite right. I thought it was just me...until I saw a news report on it. My own doctor didn't know about it and she's the one who prescribed it to me. Ambien is one of the reasons I put on weight so now that I'm not taking it anymore I'm doing better. My husband, who works on the RR and is away 3-4 nights a week could not believe I was doing this until one morning he woke up and there was a large empty pop corn bowl between us. He laughed and laughed and asked why I hadn't offered him any.