Hot flashes....again!!

Posted by: flossie

Hot flashes....again!! - 10/13/06 10:05 PM

It's almost a year since my hysterectomy and I still haven't found any cure for the body heat I produce! I sweat buckets 3 or 4 times a night and have the odd heated episode during the day. I've tried all sorts of natural products, I've found one that works but......

http://www.rxmarihuana.com/shared_comments/menopause.htm

it's illegal in this country. But it really does work!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Hot flashes....again!! - 10/13/06 10:12 PM

Who would have ever thunk it...JJ
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Hot flashes....again!! - 10/13/06 10:52 PM

Flossie, do you have any of the wicking sleepwear in Australia? It really helps. It doesn't stop the heat, but it does help you to stay dry and not have to change jammies all night long.

I could mail you some, but not sure of the cost to get them to your country...

Kathy
Posted by: Anno

Re: Hot flashes....again!! - 10/13/06 10:59 PM

The wicking sleepwear really works. Thank the gods, I am over my hot flashes, but I tried everything, and this was the only thing that really helped me waking up in the middle of the night with sheets soaking wet.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Hot flashes....again!! - 10/14/06 12:44 AM

Anno, they have wicking sheets and pillowcases now too! I've been in touch with my local Cancer Society and will be providing them info and deep discounts for those that want to try the products - many cancer treatments can cause the night sweats as well.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Hot flashes....again!! - 10/14/06 01:27 PM

I have worn my wicking nightshirt while sleeping on a moist heat pad for my lower back. Due to all the sitting and lying around I've done with my knee, my lower back began aching. Anyway, in additon to the heat pad, I had a wicked hot flash, woke up sweating, but my nightie was dry. Woohoo!
Posted by: flossie

Re: Hot flashes....again!! - 10/14/06 08:37 PM

Kathy, I've done a search and it seems the wicking sleepwear isn't available here (New Zealand not Australia) and needs to be purchased from the US.

Trouble is shipping is expensive from there and any US price I have to almost double because of the exchange rate. I'll check out what you have available though.