Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback

Posted by: MeganM

Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback - 03/02/06 05:34 AM

Hi all! My name's Megan and I have been doing tons of research on bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. I've created an informational website on HRT and menopause, and am looking to expand my "personal stories" section. If you're interested in sharing anything that you've experienced regarding menopause or HRT, please let me know!! check out my site, www.bioidenticalmedicaldictionary.com, and you can reply to me here, or email me at meganmathews@tds.net. Thanks so much and hope to hear from you!

[ June 27, 2006, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: MeganM ]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback - 03/02/06 06:46 PM

Megan, thanks for informing us about your site. I hope you will stick around and contiue to share what you've learned through your research. Why don't you go to the Welcome forum and introduce yourself.

Also, your link didn't work.
Posted by: NewLeaf

Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback - 03/03/06 08:08 AM

Megan,
What OTC products do you recommend? I went online and there are a plethera of them to choose from.
Posted by: browser57

Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback - 03/02/06 10:58 PM

I have been on bioidentical hormone replacement for a year. It has been great - but you really need to do some homework. Luckily, my doctor is one to try 'alternative' treatments. I have my blood tested every 3 months - so far I've only had two minor adjustments to the script. I use a topical cream daily containing estridol, progesterone and testerone.

The testosterone has made a HUGE difference... ;-)
Posted by: Jeannine

Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback - 03/02/06 11:02 PM

Hello Megan. I'm checking out the site you mentioned. Every woman needs to be educated as to her choices, concerning dealing with the effects of peri-menopause, menopause, and post-menopause.

Number5, here's the link to the site Meagan mentions:

http://www.bioidenticalmedicaldictionary.com/

That pesky little comma causes problems all the time! [Smile]

http://www.intouchwithjeannine.com
Posted by: MeganM

Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback - 06/28/06 12:11 AM

Hi there again,
Sorry I haven't posted lately. I have been busy working on the pharmacy site that we are putting up in corralation with http://www.bioidenticalmedicaldictionary.com. We are selling many of the OTC hormone creams, as well as vitamins and supplements, home hormone test kits, and so much more. If you are interested, please send me an email at meganmathews@tds.net, as it is not quite up and running yet.

Also, if you are interested in subscribing to our newsletter, please do so at http://www.mailermailer.com/x?oid=30853x

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, or post them here as I will be checking this forum regularly! Thanks so much, and best of luck to all!!

Megan
Posted by: Chase

Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback - 08/24/06 02:34 PM

Hello, I have been on Bio identical hormones for a year and a half and have yet to feel good, I do not notice much difference at all. I do have regular blood tests each 6 months. I am currently on TRI-EST/PROG S.R. 4.0/125 mg Capsules.

Having recently doing research on the internet and wondering if I am Estrogen dominant.

I am considering getting off of my RX and using just a progesterone cream. My main concerns right now are the agitation, mood swings, painful sex, and severe hair loss, unability to fall asleep, usually lay in bed for about an hour or two.

Do you have any recommedations for me?

Would you also tell me how to back off of the Bio Identicals? I understand it must be done gradually. Thank you in advance, Chase
Posted by: Chase

Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback - 08/27/06 11:04 PM

I thought I should add to my previous post but could not find where to edit, I am 60 years old and have been through menopause about 10 years, I have never had a hysterectomy, so have all my inner parts, thanks.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback - 08/27/06 11:08 PM

Chase,
I wish I could help you with your questions; but I'm just not knowledgable enough. As far as the edit goes, I think I read somewhere that Dotsie said after a day or so, the user's post were no longer available for edits. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sure.

I also hope someone in here can answer your questions!

ps--WELCOME!

JJ
Posted by: DJ

Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback - 09/04/06 02:25 AM

As far as I can tell, "Bioidentical" is a trick word for "synthetic." It's not natural. Here's the thing: pharmaceutical companies are trying really really hard to find a way to make a profit selling progesterone. They can't do it. Natural progesterone is safe, it's inexpensive and they can't make a profit so they're trying to find ways to convince women to buy this stuff. I've been using nautral progesterone cream for several years. It has cured my fibroids, and a couple of ovarian cysts! I buy it from Arbonne.

It's hard to "do your homework" when there are so many slick sales people out there, especially these companies that come up with crazy terms like "bioidentical" and try to convince us that this is the same as natural. I wouldn't mess with it. Megan -- are you a pharmaceutical rep or something?
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback - 09/05/06 12:22 AM

This sounds like an ad for unnatural substances to me and this same post has appeared before on this site....free advertising wanted??????
Posted by: flipperjo

Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback - 09/05/06 06:43 AM

I, too, am suspitious of "megan's" motives and site. The bottom of her web page connects it to another site, an RX sales site. I read some of the information and it seemed incomplete and not nearly as well informed or written as many of the other sites I have seen recently regards HRT and connected issues.
Posted by: DJ

Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback - 09/05/06 12:28 PM

Chatty -- pick up any vibes on your man detector here?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback - 09/05/06 03:10 PM

DjJ it's great to hear your voice again. Thanks for your thoughts on the bioidentical hormomes. Sounds like you're on to someting.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback - 09/05/06 06:49 PM

No not smelling a man here but definitely someone selling something and wanting our boomer business for free...I don't think so!
Posted by: KathleenGageSpeaker

Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback - 11/11/06 08:21 AM

I have been reading Suzanne Somers' book, Ageless. It is very informative and raised a lot of questions for me about the direction I want to go with any HRT; whether it be BHRT or standard.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated. I'm at a point I need to really begin making some choices.

Also, any feedback or input on healthy eating during these wonderful days (and nights) of body temp changes Okay, hot flashes, mood swings and other joys I am experiencing a bit more frequently than ever before.

Kathleen