Coughing

Posted by: jawjaw

Coughing - 04/15/07 08:50 PM

Somebody, somewhere, sometimes, either sent me an email, OR they posted this in here.

Coughing - when you wake up in the night and are coughing, no matter what the reason, put some Vick's Vapor Rub on your feet, then cover your feet with some socks, and you will stop coughing within five mintues.

Does anyone here remember doing that? Or sending it to me?

Anyway, I gotta tell ya, it works! I have severe acid reflux and if I eat anything spicy, hot, or chocolate after a certain time at night, I will wake up coughing, choking even. I did the other night and put the Vicks on the bottom of my feet, put on some socks, and laid down. Within a couple of minutes, (less than five minutes, no joke) I had stopped coughing and went directly back to sleep.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I don't know who you were, but if you'll confess, you're going in my Will.
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Coughing - 04/15/07 08:54 PM

J.J,
Sound like a good idea with that , but never heard to the use of vicks and socks . I use the "Altoids" and use them for everything coughing .
Posted by: SharonE

Re: Coughing - 04/16/07 02:51 AM

The Vicks and socks are an old favorite here too. Works a treat everytime.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Coughing - 04/16/07 06:58 AM

Not me...but I'm glad you posted this. Amazing information. Glad it's helping you JJ.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Coughing - 04/16/07 07:39 AM

Jaw Jaw
Have you rules out an allergic reaction (I did the same kind of thing) then found out I had anaphylactic reaction to asprin and all its deriditives(orange.. lemon... apricot..anf many others)This was BIG time and now I have a pen I carry.
Even using some gel to help my arthritis..wow.
Must try the tip...socks and vic.
Mountain ash
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Coughing - 04/16/07 10:51 AM

I can't answer that Mountain Ash, possibly? I know I do have allergies that haven't been defined. But according to my doc, its acid reflux, personified. It led to finding my diseased gall bladder which they removed, and that helped a tad, but not much. Course that also led to other things. Sigh... this old age thang...geeish. But it STILL beats the alternative!