Aging Boomers: Knee surgery a growing procedure

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Aging Boomers: Knee surgery a growing procedure - 09/20/15 09:31 PM

I'll be talking to a new orthopedic surgeon about knee surgery early next month. a neighbor of mine just posted on Facebook that she is having both knees done in a couple of days.

Apparently we Boomers are reaching the age where our joints are wearing out -- and as usual -- we're all about doing something to "fix" them.

I just read an interesting article on Boomers and knee surgeries, and thought I'd share it here.

Any personal experiences anyone wants to share? Advice on whether it's better to have both done at once - or one at a time?
Posted by: jabber

Re: Aging Boomers: Knee surgery a growing procedure - 10/02/15 08:07 PM

Well I might be aging but I'm not getting anything replaced. I pray for all those who do and even admire their courage. But I'm too chicken and so I guess I'll keep what I got until The Lord gives me something else.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Aging Boomers: Knee surgery a growing procedure - 01/25/16 10:24 PM

Hello again!

This is my first time being back at the BWS forum since I went in for my knee replacement surgery - I think that was on the 11th. Tomorrow I go back to the surgeon for my first post-hospital checkup.

Assuming he approves, I will be cleared to start working out with my Physical Therapist at the gym.

I'm pretty excited with my progress, and hope to be back at my desk regularly very soon!

Carry on!

Anne