2012 flu season has begun

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

2012 flu season has begun - 12/04/12 08:58 PM

I generally get a flu shot, but I haven't done it yet this year.

I heard on my morning news that the flue season for 2012 has begun, but that it is not too late to get a flu shot.

Here are some details from NBC News.

How about you? Do you believe in flu shots, or not?
Posted by: Di

Re: 2012 flu season has begun - 12/04/12 11:31 PM

Not gotten one in years. I consider them germ warfare! We don't REALLY know what's in those shots!

We are outdoors a lot, and home the rest. We don't go to many indoor places that are incubators for germs. NO MORe movie theaters for us!
Posted by: jabber

Re: 2012 flu season has begun - 12/05/12 12:32 AM

Don't believe in shots of any kind. Don't believe in doctors either. Might get sick once in a while but so do the folks who get the shots and run to the doctors on a regular basis.
Posted by: Ellemm

Re: 2012 flu season has begun - 12/06/12 05:08 PM

I get a pneumonia shot. I know the flu is a respiratory illness, but my history with pneumonia and bronchitis makes this the choice for me.

Generally, I am fine and do not rush to get medicines. But there's no doubt my lungs have been weakened. When I'm fine I'm fine and when I'm not I'm barely able to get out of bed, so I try to be careful.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: 2012 flu season has begun - 12/09/12 08:10 PM

I`ve been getting the flu shot every year for many years now. I used to get the flu every year and would be terribly sick with it, to the point where one year it hung on for about 3 months. The doctor insisted I get the flu shot that fall, and then the next, and so on, and I have never had the flu again since. I`ve had two severe bronchial infections, one of which almost did me in, but that probably came from nearly drowning and swallowing too much salt water. The other one hit me on the flight home from China in November (many others in our tour group came home very sick, 3 with full-blown pneumonia). Other than that, I`ve been so much healthier since getting the flu shot every fall that I wouldn`t even consider going without it now.