Mrs. Madness, what about that "navel ring?"

Posted by: ladybug

Mrs. Madness, what about that "navel ring?" - 11/18/05 04:28 AM

Mrs. Madness, knowing you like I do you've got the perfect figure to wear a pierced navel ring. Have you done any research on it? I think it would go easier than a tattoo and the process would be done a lot quicker.

Do any of you boomer ladies have a navel ring?

Can I add in here, no responses that are sarcastic please. [Embarrassed]

Re: Mrs. Madness, what about that "navel ring?" - 11/18/05 05:43 AM

Chatty had a good point about only flat-tummied people wearing navel rings.

Many of my boomer friends take great pains to keep their figures nice. Judging from some of the young ladies who have navel rings, a good many of them have a tummy bigger than mine. So youth, does not a flat tummy make. Sayeth Shakespear. [Wink]

[ November 17, 2005, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]
Posted by: mrs_madness

Re: Mrs. Madness, what about that "navel ring?" - 11/18/05 10:39 AM

I'm probably going to get one but there are 2 hurdles, biggie #1: I don't speak Russian. I can get by with the usual charade game to get my needs across but I don't know the Russian word for "autoclave". Sanitary standards here tend to be dodgy and all of the hepatitsses (and AIDS) are a problem.

No, I mean I'm 52 and I've had 2 kids so my tummy isn't in mint condition, but I think belly button jewelry is really cute and it's not like I'm going to go out in tube tops.....and standards are different here. It's more ok to be a non-conservative older woman. I'm going to do it! [Big Grin]

Re: Mrs. Madness, what about that "navel ring?" - 11/18/05 06:20 PM

Good to hear it! I'm going to get my "body art" today. Wish me luck and braveness!

Re: Mrs. Madness, what about that "navel ring?" - 11/18/05 07:01 PM

Whoo-hoo to us!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Mrs. Madness, what about that "navel ring?" - 11/18/05 07:07 PM

I don't want to put a damper on the belly ring thing because I think they are so cute. But, I heard a doctor talking on tv about this and the navel is an area where a ring can disrupt the body energy and isn't good for you. Just my two cents.

Re: Mrs. Madness, what about that "navel ring?" - 11/20/05 12:29 AM

Mrs. Madness, didn't you say you have a child still here in the U.S.? Why don't you have your navel ring done on a visit here?

The man who did my "body art" said it is done much quicker than a tattoo. He doesn't do the navel rings but is the specialty of one of the other guys in the shop. It's a really beautiful, new shop too.

I'd be glad to "host" you here if you wanted to have it done.

Re: Mrs. Madness, what about that "navel ring?" - 11/20/05 04:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ladybug:
[QB

I'd be glad to "host" you here if you wanted to have it done. [/QB]

Although I do apprciate the generosity of your offer I'm puzzled as to why you would offer to "host" me. I'm American. [Confused] Always have been.

Re: Mrs. Madness, what about that "navel ring?" - 11/20/05 05:10 AM

Mrs. Madness, I guess I used that term in the wrong way, I'm sorry. Of course I know you're an American and always have been. How about if I say you're welcome to stay with me?