If we had children's energy..

Posted by: orchid

If we had children's energy.. - 08/31/07 07:17 PM

..we wouldn't be so tired??

I just learned that a 9 yr. old nephew completed a 50 km. bike ride....on a fundraiser multiple sclerosis ride. ..Father was around plus several other father-friends and their children.

And at a wedding, to get bride and groom to kiss, guests must try a hula hoop spin. Well geez, only the 20's guests did the waist spinning, hip-gyrating requirement! But reminded me of those childhood years when hula hoops were big fun.

Not sure I could keep a hula hoop up spinning these days!
Posted by: Lola

Re: If we had children's energy.. - 08/31/07 11:06 PM

...I'be able to limbo rock! That's another thing that seems to come up as a challenge whenever my schoolfriends and I have a reunion. Just to giggling and laughing at our attempts gets me all winded.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: If we had children's energy.. - 09/01/07 01:08 PM

orchid, all we do to get the couple to kiss is hit the glass with a spoon. Lazy Americans! Ha...

How about jump rope. I haven't done that in years. What a shame. I loved doing that as a kid.

Lola, winded from laughing...what a hoot.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: If we had children's energy.. - 09/01/07 10:57 PM

Wouldn't be much kissing going on at most italian weddings, NO ONE would be able to spin a hoola hoop, too much pasta, me included.
Posted by: orchid

9 yr. old nephew bikes 50 kms. - 09/11/07 04:32 AM

That's a little over 35 miles. I was impressed. He participated in huge multiple sclerosis fundraising bike ride which includes over 20,000 cyclists annually.

His father was cycling in the crowd, plus a few of his buddies who brought along their children who also cycled.

This nephew already plays soccer, so he does have energy....but obviously has unexpected reserves of energy and strength!