American Heart Walk

Posted by: Pam R.

American Heart Walk - 09/30/06 02:44 AM

I am walking tomorrow in the American Heart Walk in support of all us survivors (me included) and all those who have passed due to this #1 killer of both men and women. My daughter and I have raised over $1000 together and are looking forward to a wonderful day. It's her birthday tomorrow and she insists on celebrating it by walking with me to rejoice in my 3 year survival. Isn't she a peach?
Posted by: Anno

Re: American Heart Walk - 09/30/06 11:25 AM

Way to go, Pam. I too am a survivor and I congratulate you for celebrating in this manner.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: American Heart Walk - 09/30/06 11:30 AM

What a great way to spend the day with your daughter. Keep on trucking. How many miles is it? I'm not sure where you are, but it's a beautiful day here. Hope you are having a great time.

Re: American Heart Walk - 10/01/06 01:46 AM

It was a great day at the Heart Walk. They had two routes to follow. They wanted the survivors to walk the shorter walk of only 2 miles and they also had a 5 mile walk along a part of the Parkway that they closed off. I did the 2 mile but really was capable of going further, and I probably should have. Maybe next year! They really do it up nicely. There are loads of give-aways from several local corporations and a local radio station is the emcee. There is free food, drink and music, entertainment for the kids and plenty of important medical information for those interested. I really look forward to this day every year.
Posted by: Anno

Re: American Heart Walk - 10/01/06 02:42 AM

Where do you live? I was out for my daily, cardio walk, today and noticed many people walking with red hearts on there shirts. I have a red dress pin. It always invites comments.

Re: American Heart Walk - 10/02/06 12:56 AM

Anno, I live in NY, about 30 miles north of NYC. I think this weekend was a big one for support walks everywhere. We had breast cancer, diabetes and the heart walk all over the county. They all are very worthy causes.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: American Heart Walk - 10/02/06 07:42 PM

October is also National Domestic Violence awareness month and we wear purple ribbons. So many good causes to support.