Nine Day Fat Smash Diet

Posted by: chatty lady

Nine Day Fat Smash Diet - 08/31/06 02:31 PM

I read the book, The Fat Smash Diet by Dr. Ian K. Smith, M.D. and was shocked to see the simplicity of his weight loss plan. I tried it and in 9 days I dropped 14 pounds and never once felt hungry or jittery. On day one, weigh in, then put the scale away until day ten. For the full nine days you can have all the vegetables and fruits you desire, they are to be eaten raw, steamed or grilled ONLY! Spread your meals out to be 4 or 5 per day. For the 9 days do not eat white potatoes or avacados. You can have 2 cups of brown rice per day, low fat yogurt is okay, as are 2 cups of low fat, skim or soymilk. You may have 4 egg whites per day, and herbal tea. Good sources of protein are chickpeas, beans, tofu, lentils. Now remember don't cheat and don't stuff yourself at any one meal as you can have five. It is critical for the nine days not to skip meals, if not hungry just nibble on a fruit or celery or something light. Remember this is a jump start, toxic cleansing plan and I can tell you from experience it works. I never had so much energy after the third day. He has a complete plan and adds many foods as time goes by, if interested the book cost me $12.95 at the book store....
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: Fat Smash Plan - 08/31/06 02:49 PM

Chatty,

Yeah 9 pounds! Keep up the good work! What makes this easier for you than other things you have tried?
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Fat Smash Plan - 08/31/06 03:34 PM

No, it was 14 lbs!!!! Chatty, that is amazing.

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 08/31/06 04:34 PM

Other things I've tried, I had to weigh or measure or weigh and measure, couldn't have this, had to eat that and the results were either non-existant or just so slooooow! This was 9 days and I lost 14 pounds, I felt great, full of energy and no muss, no fuss. Besides I like fruit and veggies anyway. I have since added some fish, shrimp, lean beef and chicken, but remain on a lot of vegetables and fruits. The best part is if you do eat and get hungry again, he says EAT, but eat something healthy. I could see the difference but when I hopped on the scale the 10th day I was shocked, I weighed twice to make sure.

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 09/02/06 04:31 PM

How long are you going to stay on this plan?

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 09/02/06 09:09 PM

After the first nine days I added some broiled fish and shrimp to my meals. I plan to stay on the plan as long as it takes until I can throw away my blood pressure pills. I didn't have to take any diabetres medication after just 3 days of the first nine days....
Posted by: Anno

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 09/02/06 09:20 PM

Ain't it amazing. Treat our bodies the way the were meant to be treated, and Voila! Our bodies react in positive ways. Way to go Chatty Lady.
Posted by: auntiebear

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 09/30/06 07:25 PM

Just curious Chatty, are you still doing this diet and having the same great results?
Posted by: Anno

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 09/30/06 08:29 PM

I was wondering the very same thing. I remember a soup diet that I tried - it worked, but was difficult to stick with.

How is it going?

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 09/30/06 09:24 PM

Well AuntieBear and Anno, this diet is not a restricting plan, I am actually eating more than I did before beginning it BUT I am eating the proper foods. I have dropped a total now of 33 pounds. I weighed this morning, and I'm certain that I would be down even more if anything but my fingers (on computer) got exercised, he, he!!! I am bad about exercise. I feel great, look good and am never hungry or shaky or feel deprived. Heck I even cheat a bit, but not much, a bite here or a taste there and thats it....Thanks for asking ladies, oh and and Anno what a great picture of you, you just shine.
Posted by: auntiebear

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 09/30/06 10:12 PM

Okay, I'm convinced...I'm buying the book!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 10/01/06 12:55 AM

You rock Chatty! Wish I could stick to a diet!

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 11/20/06 01:24 PM

I am happy to say that I am now 40 pounds lighter. It wasn't hard and I never really felt hungry, weak or cranky. Some if those fad weirdo diets that take away all of something that healthy, like carbs may work alright but you have to stay on them FOREVER or you gain the weight right. The body needs fruits and vegetables as well as good lean meat. It does not need all the processed crap and all the sugar. I am walking proof and didn't exercise that much either. Just some extra walking.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 11/20/06 01:43 PM

Well heloooo there skinny lady! That's wonderful news! I just ordered the book over Amazon. Ýou should be getting commisions on these orders! I want to loose 25 pounds till Xmas. Ha ha ha...does laughing make you loose weight?

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 11/20/06 01:52 PM

Gosh I hope so. I consider laughing exercise because when we laugh the fat jiggles and that is moving. A stretch, well okay be that way! Works for me.

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 11/21/06 02:35 PM

Chatty, if you lose much more weight we aren't going to be able to find you!

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 11/21/06 09:47 PM

HA!!!!! Don't I wish! Although forty pounds is a good start the one hundred that comes next will be the results Ican cheer about...Firty pounds was littlemore than my chin, ha, ha, well maybe a bit more...I still have a 'test' dress I need to fit into. Got a ways to go for that.
Posted by: KathleenGageSpeaker

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 11/23/06 03:59 PM

Okay, here's my theory on laughter triggering weight loss. I believe it does because when we laugh we strengthen the immune system. When we strengthen the immune system we have more energy. When we have more energy we tend to be more balanced emotionally. When we are more balanced emotionally we make better choices. When we make better choices we choose to eat healthier. When we eat healthier we then have the opportunity to achieve our optimum weight.

So, laugh away!

I have been back on eating similar to what Chatty outlines for about 2 weeks now. I have dropped 10 pounds and my energy is through the roof. I love it. I have also found I am not having mood swings (thanks to those pesky little hormones).

Knowing the holidays are a battlefield of temptation, I have planned out what I will and will not eat for Thanksgiving Dinner. One is, I will avoid the sweets and sodas. Also, all the before dinner snacks that I love ohhhhh so much. My sister makes the most incredible clam dip that in and of itself has more calories and fat than the monthly allotment one should have.

The mindset I am taking into our family gathering is such that I want to think through what I will feel like tomorrow by making great choices for me and on the flip side, how will I feel tomorrow if I disregard my health goals.

For me, it goes beyond the weight situation. It is all about health, energy, and self image. The reality is, heart disease is the number one killer of women our age. Many (not all) heart problems can be minimized through healthy eating and healthy lifestyle such as moderate exercise. All stuff we have heard over and over and over.

I can’t count the number of books on healthy eating I have purchased over the years. And the magazines, oh those poor little trees that were sacrificed only for me to read one more article about stuff I already knew. And yet, was there one piece of information in there that I might have missed along the way.

Alas, it is, eat your fruits and veggies, exercise, drink lots of water, etc., etc, etc.

And yet, I will continue to buy the books (the one Chatty recommended sounds awesome) and read it one more time. Because, like a daily shower, a daily dose of good reading on what is important to us is good for the mind, body and soul.

The fact remains, what we do moment by moment will determine the quality of life we live. It's not as if we are helpless victims that somehow were walking around with our mouth open and the bad foods just popped in there and went straight to the hips and butt. Oh no, at least for me, I have been a willing participant in the padding of the back side. And it is with conviction I say, "Be gone oh fat butt. Be gone."

Well, that was a heck of a soap box I got on. Wow! Well, the truth will be revealed if, by tomorrow I can write another post and say, "What a great Thanksgiving I had. I achieved my outcome of having a great time with family, kicking a little butt at cards and feeling great about what I ate."

Have a great Thanksgiving. Chatty, keep up the great work and keep us posted on your continued success.

Kathleen
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 11/23/06 07:08 PM

As I'm writing this, our house is saturated with that sweet heavy scent of home baked cookies.
If I had any choice in the matter, I wouldn't bake any Christmas cookies. But I don't have a choice. Baking is one of Hubby's hobbys.

So I sit here and type away at my computer, stomach growling, saliva gathering, and I'm thinking; You're on a diet no, no, no.

Kathleen, I read some of your sentences twice.
Especially this sentence, " The fact remains, what we do moment by moment will determine the quality of life we live." How true that is.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you, your post saved me from running down the stairs and popping some hot cookie in my mouth. Actually who knows what you saved me from! Somersaulting down a flight of stairs? A burnt tongue? Or from my husband's scolding, "Hey I thought you were on a diet."

Just wanted to say, thanks for saving me from a weak moment.

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 11/24/06 10:13 AM

Thanks Katheen and I certainly will. When we Boomers finally do meet, I want to be the best that I can be. I was so good this year, even I was amazed and didn't feel deprived one bit. Once I got home from the Animal shelter and the Mission my turkey was about falling off the bones. I ate turkey, didn't make gravy, ate fresh baked sweet potatoes with sugar free brown sugar thats to die for, a nice salad and some black olives and even a deviled egg. I just made one and it was plenty. Since being on this eating plan, I have no desire for sugary treats, not even chocolate. I took the rasberry pie to my neighbor across the street. I baked it in a weak moment, mold habits die hard...Hannelore you are too funny...
Posted by: klmr13

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 11/24/06 10:24 AM

Good for YOU, Chatty! You can be very proud of yourself. No matter how much more you want to lose, you have BEGUN and have seen progress. Starting is often the hardest part.

This is the kind of food I love to eat anyway (I just need not to see junk food from my kids - I don't want it unless I see it!)

Although I haven't yet started this plan (waiting for January 2nd...LOL) I do have two pages about it (listing sample meals) from Woman's World magazine. It's in an Adobe file...If anyone's interested, send me your email address and maybe I can try to send it to you.
Posted by: KathleenGageSpeaker

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 11/25/06 06:07 PM

Thanks for your kind words Angelika. And Chatty, good for you for staying on track. I did great on Thanksgiving. Not to say there were not temptations. But then I thought about what I wrote in my post (me and my big mouth and fast fingers typing away )

So I really thought through what I wanted to feel like and accomplish. Truth be told, in most spiritual practices, it is the greatest honor we can do for ourselves and for our growth (and I'm not talking the hip growth) is to be kind by eating those foods that enhance us rather than hold us down.

I just read a good book called, The Secret of the Seven Seeds by David Fischman. Although there were two things in the book I found a bit out of context, overall the message is incredible. Part of the message of spiritual enhancement is the care and kindness to our bodies.

Have a great day and my best to everyone for a wonderful holiday season.

Kathleen
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 11/26/06 02:24 PM

Kathleen, the timing of your post is perfect. I like hearing about caring for our bodies from a spiritual point. I have gained weight since injuring my knee. I've been eating too many sweets and getting no exercise other than physical therapy.

The good news is that I started walking a little the past few days. And thanks to your spirit, I am going to Google that book to see if it might be just what I need to read right now, especially with the holidays coming.

Your mention of eating foods that enhance us really rung a bell. Thank you. I need to behave.
Posted by: klmr13

Re: Nine Day Fat Smash Plan - 11/26/06 02:55 PM

Dotsie...I hope you take a minute to investigate the Fat Smash Diet...because it is ALL ABOUT healthy choices! It's not anything like a crash diet, even though you might think so from the title. It's about making the right choices and eating enough of the good foods our bodies need to keep us healthy for life!