Rebounding, anyone?

Posted by: cara

Rebounding, anyone? - 01/09/10 04:26 PM

Hi.
I'm wanting to try something new this yr--well, actually, to bring something back into my life that I did yrs ago when I was a younger, more foolhardy girl--and rebound. It's supposed to be fantastic for one's body and soul--even NASA recommends it. But, unlike when I was younger, I won't just go out and buy one without researching first. I'm wondering just how much it matters to buy an expensive one (they can go well above $500), or can I get a more reasonable version (for example, Weider's is on sale this week) to start out with. Anyone?
Posted by: orchid

Re: Rebounding, anyone? - 01/09/10 04:36 PM

Not sure what rebound is. Is it a sort of exercise machine or type of exercise routine?
Posted by: cara

Re: Rebounding, anyone? - 01/09/10 05:08 PM

Rebounding is working out on a mini-trampoline. It used to be popular back in the 80's (think Olivia Newton-John and "Let's Get Physical") and is now in a resurgence.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Rebounding, anyone? - 01/09/10 05:12 PM

Cara, a while back someone brought up this very subject and it was discussed a bit. I know I looked across the net to find articles on rebound trampolines and found quite a lot. You might try Goggling "Rebound equipment" and just see what you get.

I do recall that in some articles it said the "fancier" you got, the more expensive, naturally, but that for basic needs, the less expensive worked just as well and served it's purpose. But of course, that was just one article.

Anyway, I think it would be fun and something different. And too, something a person could do when the weather outside wasn't cooperating for long walks...like today.